Night Clubs?

Bailey

1. MONEY - The average bar owner is over the age of 40. Young Millennial and Generation Z grew up during the the Great Recession of the late 2000s. They don't have the coin to pay $13 a square foot for a building, plus liquor license, machinery license, music license, food license, renovations, fire codes, safety, employ staff, DJ, and security. Stock their bar. You're looking at $30,000 JUST TO LEASE a property the size of a three bedroom apartment. Especially in the LGBT community where the older gays sold out or didn't pass down their establishments to the younger movement.

2. MUSIC INDUSTRY - Downloading, Streaming, and Youtube. People have access to technology now to hear whatever they want, whenever they want, as many times as they want. They don't have to restrict themselves to a DJ's playlist at a bar. That's why concerts, festivals, and live performances are doing better. When I'm promoting and say $5 Cover, the first thing people ask (Especially gay clubs) is "Are you having a show?", "Strippers?", "Artist?", "Drag?". They want to know where their money is going. They want an "experience", something to Snapchat and Instagram about. Drinks and music ain't a reason cause they can do that at home. All these stripper and drag reality shows aren't helping either cause RuPaul has commercialized it, so now your local talent is suffering. You don't have to go to clubs anymore to watch drag.

3. DIVERSITY - Every place is the same and caters to white people. There's a lot of racism in nightlife and people of color have few places to go without the "hip hop crowd stigma". Fear of their venue becoming "too urban". That means more bars closing at midnight and more college house parties playing Cardi B.

4. HEALTH MOVEMENT - Everyone is a vegan, fitness nut, and alcohol conscious 🙄. Juice bars, brunch, and day parties are the new thing. I don't even bother hosting events anymore if the kitchen closes before 1am. Food trucks have been my saviors. Or I bring a caterer that wants to sell plates. Once someone has to leave your party to grab a slice of pizza they aren't coming back.

5. AGE LIMIT/LEGALIZING MARIJUANA - Cities started banning 18 plus venues. You need young people to keep your dance club going. Point, blank, period. In Massachusetts they legalized weed. I went to the hookah bar a month later.... it was dead. I'm not sure why, I just know smoking lounges are suffering because of it.

6. THEME - Where's the glow lights? Where's the nice leather seats? Where's your stage? Why is the Lifetime channel playing on the TVs? Why isn't it dark and sexy in here? Why does your bar look like a trailer park?

7. MOBILITY - This generation doesn't drive. Public transit ends at midnight. Uber is great.. for rushing to work.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aquaria said:

Like did you just hear about "brunch"? :unsure: 

well I went a few years ago and to be honest I didnt know that sorta thing was going down, a lot of "events" are cultural it isnt a loss on me when I went I was the only Black guy in the building. Its not about "just hearing" about something its about access and being welcome in the first place

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, EphraimAdamz said:

I mean I'm only a DJ that's always booked and you didn't ask me 🙄

I wanted the perspective of those here from many different areas to either confirm yes this is a trend and continues or nope dont see it always popping and to bring the topic up because a lot of times I bring subject matter up that I think is interesting especially when one considers the ramifications of the issue, but often I feel as if people dont see where I'm going with things, my topics tend to be a great deal more intellectual than I will ever receive credit for. I made a thread to discuss what some are saying is a clear trend, the death of the night club yet people here are acting brand new about it so  :coffee:

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I wanted the perspective of those here from many different areas to either confirm yes this is a trend and continues or nope dont see it always popping and to bring the topic up because a lot of times I bring subject matter up that I think is interesting especially when one considers the ramifications of the issue, but often I feel as if people dont see where I'm going with things, my topics tend to be a great deal more intellectual than I will ever receive credit for. I made a thread to discuss what some are saying is a clear trend, the death of the night club yet people here are acting brand new about it so  :coffee:

why are you arguing with people that don't go out. 😳they're part of the problem lol

the only fan base i get requests from in the gay clubs anymore are lambs actually. janet fans need to step their pussy up.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, EphraimAdamz said:

why are you arguing with people that don't go out. 😳they're part of the problem lol

the only fan base i get requests from in the gay clubs anymore are lambs actually. janet fans need to step their pussy up.

most Janet fans are dispersed here and there and we are older now they can try it but Id say the average Janet fan is around 30 at the youngest

On 8/4/2019 at 5:54 PM, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

It’s cheaper drink at home than a club and since Boomers won’t pay us, why go to their slimy club? 

oh God a night at the bar could break a bitch, but back in my time I made good money so didnt bother me, besides I wasn't too big on bars

1 hour ago, Utopia said:

Love them and they are BEAMING over here. They are not gonna die anytime soon.

They are fucking packed on Friday and Saturday 😂

wait where are you? :unsure: oh and thanks for mentioning "Euphoria" I was tuning out but Im back in :lol:

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

wait where are you? :unsure: oh and thanks for mentioning "Euphoria" I was tuning out but Im back in :lol:

Portugal. It's the IT destination for tourists in Europe so every single club is even more packed than usual :lol: I LOVE IT :wub:  Just drink a few, get on the dance floor and get loose :wub: 

oh it's EVERYTHING and more. I'm about to stan Zendaya for that show alone :lol: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Utopia said:

Portugal. It's the IT destination for tourists in Europe so every single club is even more packed than usual :lol: I LOVE IT :wub:  Just drink a few, get on the dance floor and get loose :wub: 

oh it's EVERYTHING and more. I'm about to stan Zendaya for that show alone :lol: 

Portugal this explains why you're so different from these other basic members :unsure: