VMA'S 2019.

hotboy06

Did any of you watch the VMA's last night? :unsure:

I actually did, and it wasn't too bad.

Missy killed it.  Lizzo did good. Normani was ok good. Lil Nas X did a great job.

It was a very different show than years past..very "ethnic" in a way..

But if you showed up, you were awarded. :rolleyes:

Ya’ll better not act like Normani didn’t devour that stage for her first solo VMA performances!!! Stunning, effortless and amazing showmanship as expected! I swear if her career doesn’t take off after this, the music industry can shut down. 😐

Missy....just EPIC!!! The visuals were mind blowing along with the actual performances of her old hits. Even if I still hate “Throw It Back”, that segment of the performance spectacular!!! The transitions?!? 😳😱 B!TCH!!! 😫😭😭🤪 

Lizzo.....will she ever give a bad performance!?!? So talent n iconic already!!! 🧡💜🧡❤️😘

13 hours ago, Angela said:

I didn’t watch it but I heard Missy only got seven minutes?

Yeah, that sounds about right..but she ATE that performance.  Hands down my favorite of the night.

12 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

Ya’ll better not act like Normani didn’t devour that stage for her first solo VMA performances!!! Stunning, effortless and amazing showmanship as expected! I swear if her career doesn’t take off after this, the music industry can shut down. 😐

Missy....just EPIC!!! The visuals were mind blowing along with the actual performances of her old hits. Even if I still hate “Throw It Back”, that segment of the performance spectacular!!! The transitions?!? 😳😱 B!TCH!!! 😫😭😭🤪 

Lizzo.....will she ever give a bad performance!?!? So talent n iconic already!!! 🧡💜🧡❤️😘

Normani was good..she's a good performer..but it wasn't a wow performance..and I still can't get into the song. I am interested in her new album though.

I went and looked at clips of Lizzo playing her flute and was amazed.  She is really talented. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

Yeah, that sounds about right..but she ATE that performance.  Hands down my favorite of the night.

Normani was good..she's a good performer..but it wasn't a wow performance..and I still can't get into the song. I am interested in her new album though.

I went and looked at clips of Lizzo playing her flute and was amazed.  She is really talented. 

100% agree.  For the moment in time the hype and position shes in now she needed to do nothing less than dominate the night and take complete advantage of this moment.  It was good but I don't feel like it was the iconic performance she needed it to be to break out once and for all.

• Upvote 1

I'm glad y'all said it, I thought I was trippin. I saw Normani perform on The Tonight Show and she was giving me sensual grown woman performing waves...she murdered that performance so my expectations were high. When she performed the other night at the VMAs, it felt very Abbie Lee Dance Company chile, I was not impressed at all...it was cute but with all the momentum she had with her video release...it was the perfect opportunity to make moment with full on spectacle. That little solo she did was not gag worthy especially with all the epic tricks Missys dancers were doin.

With that said Lizzo showed de fuq owt and Missy's performance was everything.

That host was trash.

Taylor Swift and her accessory/mouthpiece/stepandfetch aka Todrick Hall and them messy ass purple locs were doin the most. We didn't need every drag queen to come on stage everytime u win bitch. Ugh! All the time she took gathering them tucked hoes could have gone to Missy. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

I'm glad y'all said it, I thought I was trippin. I saw Normani perform on The Tonight Show and she was giving me sensual grown woman performing waves...she murdered that performance so my expectations were high. When she performed the other night at the VMAs, it felt very Abbie Lee Dance Company chile, I was not impressed at all...it was cute but with all the momentum she had with her video release...it was the perfect opportunity to make moment with full on spectacle. That little solo she did was not gag worthy especially with all the epic tricks Missys dancers were doin.

That host was trash.

Taylor Swift and her accessory/mouthpiece/stepandfetch aka Todrick Hall and them messy ass purple locs were doin the most. We didn't need every drag queen to come on stage everytime u win bitch. Ugh! All the time she took gathering them tucked hoes could have gone to Missy. 

Normani is good, but I agree we were getting all flash and little stage presence. It's ok to break away from the choreography for a moment to connect with the crowd and give them some substance. That's all that was missing. 

4 hours ago, Voodoo said:

That host was trash.

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Noooooooooooooooooooo...