Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
janetDAYZ

**Official RN Anniversary Tour Thread**

Recommended Posts

Not to burst any bubbles but from what im seeing on social meda the fans are saying..

"FIRE GIL!!!!"

"predictable"

 "Janet why are you performing songs from other albums if youre celebrating RN?"

"Since this was suppose to celebrate such a huge, important album in music history...they could have done alot moreeee" 

 

Welp, I can pretty much visualize in my head what the show looks like juss based off that and what I will say is Janet is so up and down.. Her vegas show was TOP NOTCH and superb but yet again..we have a setback. Doesnt sound like much creativity was brought forward for this RN "celebration" ..which is highly disappointing but what can you do. She is forever doin stuff that makes no sense at all. But i guess to be thankful she is being extremely active since we didnt know if she was gonna ever hit the stage again after her marriage and all that shit. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Janet's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. I'm just gonna go out my way and enjoy Janet being here as much as possible.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost identical.  I mean that makes sense, why is she gonna rehearse something all new but a few dates this year.   Sucks she cut IGL. Saw some posts from last night.  OMG those clothes.  :(

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I was disappointed in that outfit... but hey, I’m glad she’s comfy.

yeah, I kind of thought this was gonna be more like performing the whole RN1814 album live with a couple of non-RN songs as the encore. Something along those lines. 

Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, why not just take the RN anniversary section from the Meta show and just extend it a little by performing “Lonely”, “Living In A World” And “Someday Is Tonight”??? 😳🤔 Hmmmm, does seem extremely lazy on Janet n her team’s part but it seems more like a quick cash grab before the year is over at this point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well... this just seems lazy and boring. So much could have been done with the RN30 theme: sing more songs from the album, bring old dancers to the show, show unseen footage etc. Seems like she will keep on touring with the same old stuff,  the name of the tour just changes. You can do better Janet! I'm bored of the same old, same old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Is it everything same as Vegas other than the order of the songs?

And can I just say we in the UK would be grateful to see Janet singing the Teletubbies at this stage

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell fans have been saying "Fire Gil" since 2006. That's almost 15yrs. I saw the tweets of how fans were dragging Gil and saying how the show wasn't anything special. I'll never understand how you come off of Vegas with all the production and then come on stage for a RN celebration and just downgrade :sigh: 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, vibeology said:

 Is it everything same as Vegas other than the order of the songs?

And can I just say we in the UK would be grateful to see Janet singing the Teletubbies at this stage

Hell nah! This show is nothing like the vegas show 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

Hell fans have been saying "Fire Gil" since 2006. That's almost 15yrs. I saw the tweets of how fans were dragging Gil and saying how the show wasn't anything special. I'll never understand how you come off of Vegas with all the production and then come on stage for a RN celebration and just downgrade :sigh: 

I dont wanna put this all on Gil. Janet is a Taurus... They can be stubnorn sometimes..hell we know Janet can be stubborn based on what LA REID said lmfaoooo... I think Gil has had moments he was able to talk Janet into switching things up...but shit like this? Idk who to blame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it would have been amazing had she celebrated the anniversary by performing the whole album that includes cuts never performed before. But this would have taken and asked for a full on different production. With Janets schedule it was impossible. It is what it is. I'm not pressed about it but definitely a missed opportunity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

I dont wanna put this all on Gil. Janet is a Taurus... They can be stubnorn sometimes..hell we know Janet can be stubborn based on what LA REID said lmfaoooo... I think Gil has had moments he was able to talk Janet into switching things up...but shit like this? Idk who to blame. 

You know what?, I'ma just wait until I see her at the Chase Center Arena on the 21st. I'll just give her the benefit of the doubt and say she did her recent Treasure Island show like that cause it was a smaller setting. She should know she's gotta show out for an arena that's as of now almost sold out of the 18,000 plus seats. I'll let y'all know how the show goes. I'm gonna keep my hopes up.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody wants to say it but I will....Janet is lazy.

I love my good sis, but she is getting sloppy on stage and it's like she is just going through the motions. I get that she might be tired from all this touring and Vegas shows but sis should not have signed on to do all the shows if she is going to half ass it. It's so easy to blame Gil but like I always said and got accused for being a hater.....Janet is a grown woman, blame her! Period Pooh.

A break and refocus would do Janet a world of wonders. The sad part about it that her makeup and hair is slayed for the Gawds. She looks damn good. Shit

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

Nobody wants to say it but I will....Janet is lazy.

I love my good sis, but she is getting sloppy on stage and it's like she is just going through the motions. I get that she might be tired from all this touring and Vegas shows but sis should not have signed on to do all the shows if she is going to half ass it. It's so easy to blame Gil but like I always said and got accused for being a hater.....Janet is a grown woman, blame her! Period Pooh.

A break and refocus would do Janet a world of wonders. The sad part about it that her makeup and hair is slayed for the Gawds. She looks damn good. Shit

Couldn't have said it better.

Sometimes I'm not even sure if she wants to be doing what she's doing, and it makes me wonder why she's doing all these things she doesn't seem to be interested in doing. :DIt almost seems like it's all just for a contract that she's trying to fulfill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the reason that Janet is being active w/ all these tours and shows is Janet loves WORKING bc she is one of those types that get bored when she is not doing anything..matter of fact I juss read an old interview of hers the other day with her saying she gets bored whens not recording or touring. But like someone else on here said awhile ago when Janet picks up weight her energy shifts.. Cus on the SOTW tour..Janet energy was there but since the weight has picked up...the energy had decreased..i guess it would make sense tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

I think the reason that Janet is being active w/ all these tours and shows is Janet loves WORKING bc she is one of those types that get bored when she is not doing anything..matter of fact I juss read an old interview of hers the other day with her saying she gets bored whens not recording or touring. But like someone else on here said awhile ago when Janet picks up weight her energy shifts.. Cus on the SOTW tour..Janet energy was there but since the weight has picked up...the energy had decreased..i guess it would make sense tho. 

that's true about the weight thing. I remember losing just 10lbs and I definitely could feel how I had more energy. Janet needs to get it together. She knows she needs to be in shape when touring

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, EphraimAdamz said:

But aren't like 8 of the songs from RN tho. That's a lot actually

I think youre missing what was expected. Ppl expected the WHOLE album to be celebrated. You would think if youre gonna call this an RN Anniversary tour...it would be an exclusive RN era tour. And more creativity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, EphraimAdamz said:

But aren't like 8 of the songs from RN tho. That's a lot actually

Yeah but if the theme is RN30th Anniversary it’s just weird performing songs from other albums when the celebration should be just on that specific album. So I get the frustration and infuriately confusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope she steps it up with the other dates. I can't believe she decided to celebrate one of her landmark albums in a rushed show, where she performed wearing sweats for most of the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, VelvetKnowledge1814 said:

I really hope she steps it up with the other dates. I can't believe she decided to celebrate one of her landmark albums in a rushed show, where she performed wearing sweats for most of the show.

Janet refuse to get dressed and it's no excuse 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...