**Official RN Anniversary Tour Thread**

janetDAYZ

4 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

I can understand the production value being a big component, but I also feel that big production without the performance value can just be a distraction.

Her performance during SOTW was at an all time high. 

agreed! SOTW tour was great and the production was good. However this RN 30th anniversary was better. I never seen production like that in my life live and now I don't want any less than what she gave. She should've never did that cause now i'm spoiled :filenails: 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

I can understand the production value being a big component, but I also feel that big production without the performance value can just be a distraction.

Her performance during SOTW was at an all time high. 

I have to agree. From choreography to costume changes Janet slayed SOTW. I can watch her beginning to end and get my life. Bigger production doesn't always mean better. Her Billboard performance showed that too much production can be a waste and distraction.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, EphraimAdamz said:

I have to agree. From choreography to costume changes Janet slayed SOTW. I can watch her beginning to end and get my life. Bigger production doesn't always mean better. Her Billboard performance showed that too much production can be a waste and distraction.

boy wtf you talking about? Her billboard performance barely had production. All she had was the video screen when she first popped out and then that was it. She slayed the stage

21 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Her performance during SOTW was at an all time high

I wouldnt say all that. I mean it def was high energy but you make it sound like it was on the level of her energy during the TVR tour...and thats when Janet was in RARE FORM. 

But if im being honest, we know Janet has the showmanship as a performer but a dash of production/special effects only hightens a performance imo. I feel Janet always thinks juss her and her dancers are good enough but we gotta crank it and take it up sone notches ..we need visuals along w/ dancing imo. It juss has more of a "wow" factor. Juss like how her 2009 AMA performance fell flat , well becus it was juss HER and HER DANCERS up there juss dancing. It was basic. There wasnt much you could sink your teeth into bc there was no element of excitement. No props..no visuals..no special effects..no story. She missed tge mark on that one and thats why thats known as her forgettable award show performance of them all. Production value + showmanship = UNMATCHED BEAST 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, EphraimAdamz said:

It was certainly better than her dry 2009 AMA medley performance 

7 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

I wouldnt say all that. I mean it def was high energy but you make it sound like it was on the level of her energy during the TVR tour...and thats when Janet was in RARE FORM. 

But if im being honest, we know Janet has the showmanship as a performer but a dash of production/special effects only hightens a performance imo. I feel Janet always thinks juss her and her dancers are good enough but we gotta crank it and take it up sone notches ..we need visuals along w/ dancing imo. It juss has more of a "wow" factor. Juss like how her 2009 AMA performance fell flat , well becus it was juss HER and HER DANCERS up there juss dancing. It was basic. There wasnt much you could sink your teeth into bc there was no element of excitement. No props..no visuals..no special effects..no story. She missed tge mark on that one and thats why thats known as her forgettable award show performance of them all. Production value + showmanship = UNMATCHED BEAST 

She doesn't need all of that. Number Ones was pretty basic, just like Unbreakable. People showed up because they wanted to see Janet rocking it! 

29 minutes ago, Jakob said:

She doesn't need all of that. Number Ones was pretty basic, just like Unbreakable. People showed up because they wanted to see Janet rocking it! 

just stop. Number ones was a small venue tour so of course she wouldn't use much production. You also said a keyword "basic". When has Janet ever been known and viewed as basic? :rolleyes: 

On 9/24/2019 at 2:33 PM, JoeJoe said:

agreed! SOTW tour was great and the production was good. However this RN 30th anniversary was better. I never seen production like that in my life live and now I don't want any less than what she gave. She should've never did that cause now i'm spoiled :filenails: 

U didn’t go to the rwu tour? 

17 hours ago, Jakob said:

U must have missed my whole point......i made it very clear that Janet doesnt "need" it...i said special effects ADD to a show and makes it that much better. If you wanna juss see janet dance w her dancers...fine. I like seeing dancers and visuals.. Its all subjective. There is no right or wrong. 

17 hours ago, Jakob said:

Number Ones is her most forgettable tour. And Sotw was even more basic than Unbreakable...so whats your point? 

Of course ppl are still going to go see Janet regardless but thats not the argument here. Stay on subject. 

13 hours ago, janet.1814 said:

I think the outfit ruined that one 👀

Nah. It was juss basic..and the dry audience didnt help. Thats when she tried to copy & paste parts from the Rwu tour and condense it for a quick medley for an award show performance and it juss didnt translate well at all. She should have came up with all new choreo for that medley performance. 

4 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Number Ones is her most forgettable tour. And Sotw was even more basic than Unbreakable...so whats your point? 

Of course ppl are still going to go see Janet regardless but thats not the argument here. Stay on subject. 

Yeah I pretty much responded to that one comment. 

21 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

just stop. Number ones was a small venue tour so of course she wouldn't use much production. You also said a keyword "basic". When has Janet ever been known and viewed as basic? :rolleyes: 

It's a lot of fans these days that express their feelings about Janets tours not being as extravagant as they used to be. Compared to the 1993-2008 tours the last 3 or 4 tours are more "basic". Less special effects, just Janet and the dancers. Metamorphosis was the exception.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Nah. It was juss basic..and the dry audience didnt help. Thats when she tried to copy & paste parts from the Rwu tour and condense it for a quick medley for an award show performance and it juss didnt translate well at all. She should have came up with all new choreo for that medley performance. 

I didn't think the outfit was that bad, even for 2009 standards. She's done worse. It wasn't that Janet wasn't putting effort into the performance, it was lifeless where her head a clearly somewhere else.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Illi said:

I didn't think the outfit was that bad, even for 2009 standards. She's done worse. It wasn't that Janet wasn't putting effort into the performance, it was lifeless where her head a clearly somewhere else.

Janet actually danced her ass off on that performance but the way it was structured was all wrong. The problem wasnt Janet lacking energy or nothing cus she was ON IT ...the way the medley and choreo was put together was disjointed and quick...it seemed rushed and thrown together. Its soooo much she could have did to make that performance celebrating her #1s ...special. 

• Upvote 1

You are lying to yourself if you think production does not help Janet's performance. Janet is a visionary so I expect her to do visionary type tings....I've never been okay with basic Janet, I accept her but she does leave a bad taste in my mouth AND that's why I don't like Damita Jo. 

#Boom

:rolleyes:

Lets debate hoes!

• Upvote 2

On 9/25/2019 at 6:57 AM, janetDAYZ said:

I feel Janet always thinks juss her and her dancers are good enough but we gotta crank it and take it up sone notches ..we need visuals along w/ dancing imo. It juss has more of a "wow" factor. Juss like how her 2009 AMA performance fell flat , well becus it was juss HER and HER DANCERS up there juss dancing. It was basic. There wasnt much you could sink your teeth into bc there was no element of excitement. No props..no visuals..no special effects..no story. She missed tge mark on that one and thats why thats known as her forgettable award show performance of them all. Production value + showmanship = UNMATCHED BEAST 

Ms. Dayz, every so often you serve freshly brewed tea, and this here? The finest of China teas. 

• Upvote 1

We all know Janet can perform, but visuals can add to the overall excitement level and can help with the theming of a show. Since Janet's shows have become scaled back, it feels like she's just going through the songs with her dancers. With these series of concerts being branded as a 30th anniversary for Rhythm Nation, you'd think that she could create a show based around the album's themes of injustice by IDK... performing the entire album in full and doing other songs that could relate to RN's themes like "Shoulda Known Betta," "Black Eagle," "New Agenda," and "Free Xone".

Instead, she did a show with no real overarching theme in street clothing. We all love Janet, but it's just not a good look.

• Upvote 1

She gave ya'll the STOWT with the RN1814 songs tacked on at the end, then had the nerve to put a jacket on her website for $400. An insult if you ask me. Why not remaster the album? Deluxe edition with unreleased tracks? T-shirts? Other memorabilia? She's just lost, or content with doing the bare minimum to get by imo.

And the problem with Janet performing now is the lack of visuals. Back in the day she could rely on complex and visual impressive choreography to wow an audience. That's not the case these days. If she's going to scale back, she has to focus more on creating stories through movement (e.g., WA @ VH1, AI '10), versus doing the strenuous choreography here and there in order to keep that strong visual appeal. If not, then the visuals (i.e., props, wardrobe, etc.) need to be a major component of the show. 

Janet dont care about you kneegrows, she is keeping all of these tours going because it gives her an excuse to be laid under her dancer Denzel and it doesn't raise suspicion to Al Mana nem them and before y'all say Denzel likes sausage, that doesn't mean Miss Rope Burn is not against wearing a strap on....that's the story I made up in my head anyway.😓

Seriously though...she has to be fucking him or getting it in with somebody :unsure:...these so called tours are a cover up for dick :rolleyes:  and that's why Damita Jo flopped

#Boom

Lets argue!

On 9/25/2019 at 1:52 AM, JoeJoe said:

boy wtf you talking about? Her billboard performance barely had production. All she had was the video screen when she first popped out and then that was it. She slayed the stage

Janet slayed but the stage design and over crowded amount of dancers was wack and took away from the performance. I consider all that to be part of production