**Official RN Anniversary Tour Thread**

janetDAYZ

22 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Stop being petty…Allison has absolutely been excellent and gets standing ovations not only at Janet concerts...but in her studio performances & more. 

While you saw it as a devaluing comparison, you missed the point. The point is someone who is a professional dancer, like Janet & Allison...both have the capacity to fuck up. Even in ALL her accolades you named...let Janet tell it, she considers HERSELF a mediocre dancer. Which we all know to not be true, but still proves...all that has nothing to do with whether or not a person can make mistakes or not. 

Allison gets standing ovations because she's a big girl. Let's not pretend we all don't know this. Secondly she's never been excellent and you can clearly see that in the "Dammn Baby" video where she's supposedly pop lockin' for those few seconds. It was a no ma'am for me. She can dance but "excellent dancer"? Never

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeJoe said:

Allison gets standing ovations because she's a big girl. Let's not pretend we all don't know this. Secondly she's never been excellent and you can clearly see that in the "Dammn Baby" video where she's supposedly pop lockin' for those few seconds. It was a no ma'am for me. She can dance but "excellent dancer"? Never

We’ll just agree to disagree. I’ve followed Allison from her studio days & even when she was smaller. Allison is an excellent dancer & you’re just not fond of it. Which styles she shines the most in, might be debatable but her talent is not. At least for me & a host of others. It’s not because she’s a big girl it’s because she’s a big girl whose great at what she does. 

Wow. Lol i didnt know it was ppl that didnt care for Allison like that. 

Ive been indifferent with Janet's dancers since the A4U era up til now. Pretty much interchangeable imo. The only 3 eras where her dancers were "standouts" were RN, janet. and TVR era. Since then they have been juss accessories

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

Where is the lie? 

And ain't she the girl who was on the news cuz the cop stopped traffic so she could dance in the street? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Ive been indifferent with Janet's dancers since the A4U era up til now. Pretty much interchangeable imo. The only 3 eras where her dancers were "standouts" were RN, janet. and TVR era. Since then they have been juss accessories

This. :coffee: 

I follow Guero, Denzel, and Dom on Instagram and they are my favorite dancers from this pack.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Mr. Wonder said:

Where is the lie? 

And ain't she the girl who was on the news cuz the cop stopped traffic so she could dance in the street? 

No that was Lala D’Iore, she won the competition to dance with Janet at the Billboard’s 

1 hour ago, Kalfou said:

So basically Allison is the Lizzo of the Jtribe.....chile

Allison is not a bad dancer but I honestly think that Janet keeps her around because Allison has the plug on Twinkies. 'Janet loves to eat' -Michael Jackson

Anywho, Denzel is my fav :wub:

Voodoo. I aint dealin witchu today 😂😂😂😂😂😂

And at first i felt yall overhyped Denzel's sex appeal...but after following on IG this last year. HOMEBOY CAN HAVE ALL OF THIS 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

When it comes to skills and dancing ability these dancers are some of Janet’s best dancers in a very long time...the PROBLEM is not the dancers it’s the choreography that tends to be tailored to a toned down Janet. 

If we’re gonna be honest, ASIDE from the energy of SOTW, Janet’s choreo hasn’t been as detailed. A lot of arms & hand movements & strutting…etc. 

Go look up each of her dancers on YouTube in the dance studios. Allison doing Anaconda, & another Nicki song. The girl with the short hair on an August Alsina song. There’s quite a few. They have more ability than Janet’s recent choreo has called for. 

4 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

This. :coffee: 

I follow Guero, Denzel, and Dom on Instagram and they are my favorite dancers from this pack.

Ditto! Those are my exact favorite and add in the female Asian dancer cause she be serving those facial expressions like a bad bitch and I love it! Whyley can go too, he just be doing too much and it's annoying. Leave it to Gil to insert his family in there to keep getting that bag.

1 hour ago, Kalfou said:

So basically Allison is the Lizzo of the Jtribe.....chile

Allison is not a bad dancer but I honestly think that Janet keeps her around because Allison has the plug on Twinkies. 'Janet loves to eat' -Michael Jackson

Anywho, Denzel is my fav :wub:

lmao sign out! neow!!!! :lmao: 

11 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

Voodoo. I aint dealin witchu today 😂😂😂😂😂😂

And at first i felt yall overhyped Denzel's sex appeal...but after following on IG this last year. HOMEBOY CAN HAVE ALL OF THIS 

I ain't finna deal with you or his ass if y'all keep it up :lol: 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

When it comes to skills and dancing ability these dancers are some of Janet’s best dancers in a very long time...the PROBLEM is not the dancers it’s the choreography that tends to be tailored to a toned down Janet. 

If we’re gonna be honest, ASIDE from the energy of SOTW, Janet’s choreo hasn’t been as detailed. A lot of arms & hand movements & strutting…etc. 

Go look up each of her dancers on YouTube in the dance studios. Allison doing Anaconda, & another Nicki song. The girl with the short hair on an August Alsina song. There’s quite a few. They have more ability than Janet’s recent choreo has called for. 

I agree with the bolded part. She does a lot of gestures for a lot of her performances that I just don't care for. I like seeing footwork most of all.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Im not saying they arent talented dancers. I have seen other things they have done..and their abilities.. And youre right maybe it is bc of the the more "toned down" choreo. But they juss arent connecting to us like the RN janet. and VR kids.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Im not saying they arent talented dancers. I have seen other things they have done..and their abilities.. And youre right maybe it is bc of the the more "toned down" choreo. But they juss arent connecting to us like the RN janet. and VR kids.

Honestly, I think one of the reasons there’s not as much of a synergy between the fans and dancers is because Janet’s outgrown the years of making her dancers her friends and a “thing” back in the day those dancers were not only in the music videos they were on the songs...they were in her interviews with her...they were more like her entourage. 

Now these dancers, while she treats them amazing...she’s more like their “auntie” if you will. There’s a separation between artist & crew, before it was more family oriented. I always felt overall, her 20YO dancers were very lackluster, as well as #1s. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Honestly, I think one of the reasons there’s not as much of a synergy between the fans and dancers is because Janet’s outgrown the years of making her dancers her friends and a “thing” back in the day those dancers were not only in the music videos they were on the songs...they were in her interviews with her...they were more like her entourage. 

Now these dancers, while she treats them amazing...she’s more like their “auntie” if you will. There’s a separation between artist & crew, before it was more family oriented. I always felt overall, her 20YO dancers were very lackluster, as well as #1s. 

From what we saw of them, I think the Damita Jo era dancers looked good. The All Nite performances were well done by them.

• Upvote 1

On 10/3/2019 at 12:48 PM, FreelovesJJ said:

so we gonna act like Feedback on SOTW didn't slay?

And isn't that what the new generation likes? "Hair-ography" or whatever they call it. Instagram poses on stage. Can't blame Janet for staying relevant.

Choreography doesn't seem to be relevant in the industry anymore. People just want to "turn up" and "twerk". All your Jlo's, Paula, Usher, Jason Derulo, NeYo, etc big dance numbers seems like a dying trend. Ciara has been struggling and she's one of the best stage dancers of this generation, yet people seem lost or confused when watching a broadway-esque style number. Even Chris Brown traded in his big set pieces to become a rapper. It's really sad. Tinashe was another new artist that people paid dust on stage. Yet these are all phenomenal performers, but people rather attend a Cardi B concert or whatever while Missy and her dancers receive credit 20 years late

1 hour ago, EphraimAdamz said:

And isn't that what the new generation likes? "Hair-ography" or whatever they call it. Instagram poses on stage. Can't blame Janet for staying relevant.

Choreography doesn't seem to be relevant in the industry anymore. People just want to "turn up" and "twerk". All your Jlo's, Paula, Usher, Jason Derulo, NeYo, etc big dance numbers seems like a dying trend. Ciara has been struggling and she's one of the best stage dancers of this generation, yet people seem lost or confused when watching a broadway-esque style number. Even Chris Brown traded in his big set pieces to become a rapper. It's really sad. Tinashe was another new artist that people paid dust on stage. Yet these are all phenomenal performers, but people rather attend a Cardi B concert or whatever while Missy and her dancers receive credit 20 years late

exactly and when has Janet not done lots of arm and hand movements? She's going to strut more, she's fuckin' 53! Hello! :rolleyes: I ain't seen no 53yr old female or male performer dancing as much as her.

6 hours ago, EphraimAdamz said:

I can’t agree with all of this. Much of Janet’s dancing transition is due likely to age and her health at whatever state she’s performing. Janet during SOTW had a lot of energy & delivery. It was undeniable. The thicker, which is not a problem or complaint, she is the less she pushes herself choreographically. 

While I’m by no means a Beyoncé fan, she still performs choreography heavily. Chris Brown by NO MEANS has traded dancing for anything. He is HEAVILY a choreographed act. Every performance or video includes him dancing. He doesn’t ever get away from that, nor does he try. Bruno is another who still has heavy choreography in his show. Missy is a great performer but she battled health issues so she never truly established herself as touring act due to that. 

Janet doesn’t emphasis poses and arms/hair for relevance. She does it for comfort. That’s not a judgement it’s just what it is. 

5 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

exactly and when has Janet not done lots of arm and hand movements? She's going to strut more, she's fuckin' 53! Hello! :rolleyes: I ain't seen no 53yr old female or male performer dancing as much as her.

There’s a difference in delivery and I’m sure you feel that bc you mentioned her age. I’m not saying Janet should be the same and never age. I’m saying Janet on SOTW vs Janet on RN30 is different in the delivery of choreography. 

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...