Your Damita Jost moments during a Janet show

vibeology

I mean those moments where you have seen J live or watched a performance and there is one part that snatches your soul. It could be the smallest thing and maybe no one else will get it but I it don't matter...I wanna know!

I'll start. Ive only seen her live once for Unbreakable and its a night ill cherish forever.  For me it was:

1. The opening - the birds and the silhouette took my breath away

1. Burn It Up...from the chorus through to the end of the breakdown I was fucking HYPED when I saw that! 😦

2. The blinky box during TPP - the whole place went dark and seeing her thrashing around, slinking out and dripping down the wall...I could watch over and over 🤤

Rockwitchu Tour - her strutting down the catwalk in Control, then the jet flumes whilst she does some kinda moonwalk into WHYDFML 😫

MetaMorphis - im getting into my feels that I wont see You or The Knowledge live because what I saw online gave me chills 🤒

Honorary mention:  Glastonbury - The hairwhips during Throb and the breakdown where there all on the floor rubbing themselves 

• Upvote 1

1. the janet. Tour opening still this this day KNOCKS ME OUT THE FUCKIN GAME. It was the most electrifying opening ive ever seen. With her on that high screen and the fire coming up and the beat kicking in. The energy..the screams of the audience. MY GOD. GOOOSEBUMPS!! 

2. The 87' Grammy performance. "Gimme A Beat" and BOOM!!!!! her and her dancers all in black opening that performance with that breakdown. Listen.. She DID THAT!! Then when she went into "Nasty" and her dancer grabbed her and she did that back flip!!! It was over for every bitch performing that nite. PERIOD

3.  TVR tour.. When Janet had her solo during  "Throb" at the end...and the way she came out of it and started running backstage to get ready for her next number.. Always gets me pumped! Its like a "GON GIRL!!" moment. 

4. The nunchucks at the end of RN on TVR TOUR... listen listen listen!!!!!!!!! What girl do u know...can?....or has???....Shut shit DOWNNNNN

5. Sotw tour..the part where they were transitioning from WHYDFML to TPP...and her and her dancers were juss going CRAZY WITH THE CHOREO..and janet bending over whipping her long ponytail !

• Upvote 1

2009 VMA I was with a friends watching it live and when Scream started, everyone was cheering, but I wasn't cheering yet. It was Michael's verse and she wasn't on stage yet. People were like "where's Janet". I said "because it's not my girls part yet". Then I struck a pose in the living room at the same time the glass shattered lol. All you heard was "Ohhhhhh shit", and Janet strutted out

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

5. Sotw tour..the part where they were transitioning from WHYDFML to TPP...and her and her dancers were juss going CRAZY WITH THE CHOREO..and janet bending over whipping her long ponytail !

That was a killer for me too lol Ive often watched it over and over. 

Never watched Janet tour but saw a clip of If this week and her energy was insane 😱

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EphraimAdamz said:

2009 VMA I was with a friends watching it live and when Scream started, everyone was cheering, but I wasn't cheering yet. It was Michael's verse and she wasn't on stage yet. People were like "where's Janet". I said "because it's not my girls part yet". Then I struck a pose in the living room at the same time the glass shattered lol. All you heard was "Ohhhhhh shit", and Janet strutted out

Me and my Janet  bestie were so excited. No clue what the tribute would be and weirdly her doing Scream didn't cross my mind. But that dam strut was like bitch u gonna do us like that?! 

• Like 1