Fan Failure

EphraimAdamz

29 minutes ago, EphraimAdamz said:

What's your worst crime as a Janet fan? I'm afraid to say mines 😥🤐

I've never seen Poetic Justice or For Colored Girls

*Runs and hides*

Omg haha. And I thought mine were bad😂😂

I never heard "Luv Me Luv Me" until a week ago...

I still mishear lyrics. Like in Control, I always thought she said "Come here Lewis" when she actually said "career moves". My mind was blown when i found out😭

1 minute ago, Jakob said:

Omg haha. And I thought mine were bad😂😂

I never heard "Luv Me Luv Me" until a week ago...

I still mishear lyrics. Like in Control, I always thought she said "Come here Lewis" when she actually said "career moves". My mind was blown when i found out😭

I still play Luv Me Luv Me in the clubs 😮 u tripping lol. 

Oh, there are many. I haven't read her book True You (only snippets, I never got myself to order if from US), I haven't watched the tv shows she did in the beginning of her career (only youtube clips) etc I don't know ALL her songs, but I do always recognize her voice/singing style even if it was a new song to me...

In fact, there was a period in my own adulthood that I didn't care for the fandom stuff that much. But here I am still, writing on this forum with all the other fanatics 🤩

When I was a teen I even ordered the FOJ magazine or was it MissJanet Fanclub I can't remember! 😄 I wish I still had them!

Never even touched nor bothered getting the Number Ones compilation... always felt greatest hits albums were stupid and pointless. Purchasing music u already have in your collection juss bc its all on one cd? Greatest Hits albums make more sense for casual fans (imo) for obvious reasons 

8 hours ago, MasiMama84 said:

Oh, there are many. I haven't read her book True You (only snippets, I never got myself to order if from US), I haven't watched the tv shows she did in the beginning of her career (only youtube clips) etc I don't know ALL her songs, but I do always recognize her voice/singing style even if it was a new song to me...

In fact, there was a period in my own adulthood that I didn't care for the fandom stuff that much. But here I am still, writing on this forum with all the other fanatics 🤩

When I was a teen I even ordered the FOJ magazine or was it MissJanet Fanclub I can't remember! 😄 I wish I still had them!

First let me say Effrem you gon get slapped! I can't believe you haven't seen her most iconic movie. People 25+yrs later still dress like her character even in music videos :rolleyes: 

8 hours ago, VelvetKnowledge1814 said:

I don't own all of her albums! :(

the only album i've never owned was "Dream Street" and it's hard to find

8 hours ago, Aquaria said:

I was a Madonna stan. -_- 

I actually used to like her in the 90s until I heard she threw shade at Janet during her Blonde Ambition tour

1 hour ago, Dal said:

Also never seen For a Colored Girls and have almost zero interest in doing so

It's nothing to worry about missing but Janet does act like a true bitch in that film if you're interested in seeing her play such a role. In that movie that's when I first heard her voice starting to change due to age

I’m shocked at you not seeing Poetic Justice just because it’s so big to music culture history, isn’t it? 

I can’t think tbh. I guess I should say I don’t know what the second half of 20YO sounds like because I skip 

I roll my eyes through and semi-mock songs that she whispers through that I think she could've done a much better vocal delivery on (most of 20 Y.O. and all of Discipline)

I fuck up the lyrics way more than I should on some songs....yet on others Im just like Janet when she was teaching the dancers the if lyrics "no not ALL, it's OH, OHH the things" :lmao: