Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
T.C

Does Janet sleep on Unbreakable these days?

Recommended Posts

Idk, based on her most recent set lists, she’s almost erased it outside of NS. When I saw her in Sydney the other day she didn’t perform any songs off it and it seems that’s been the case with other gigs. Does she associate it too closely with Wissam or something? It’s a great album (and still her last + most fresh) so it’s a shame she’s paying it dust. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T.C said:

Idk, based on her most recent set lists, she’s almost erased it outside of NS. When I saw her in Sydney the other day she didn’t perform any songs off it and it seems that’s been the case with other gigs. Does she associate it too closely with Wissam or something? It’s a great album (and still her last + most fresh) so it’s a shame she’s paying it dust. 

I don’t think so!!! I think Janet was and STILL is very proud of that album for MANY reasons. Honestly, the only thing I can think of is that Janet and her team are marketing her classic hits with these set lists as to remind people of her amazing catalogue. Remember, Janet’s been trying to reclaim her worldwide fans with this relentless touring/performing back to back schedule she’s been on since 2017!!! I think she’s keeping Unbreakable and its singles for an official world tour to support new music (maybe next year at this point?! Who knows?!? 😳😫🤔) I think we haven’t heard the last of her performing “No Sleeep”, “BURNITUP!” and “Dammn Baby” as well as more from Unbreakable just yet! 😉👍🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

I don’t think so!!! I think Janet was and STILL is very proud of that album for MANY reasons. Honestly, the only thing I can think of is that Janet and her team are marketing her classic hits with these set lists as to remind people of her amazing catalogue. Remember, Janet’s been trying to reclaim her worldwide fans with this relentless touring/performing back to back schedule she’s been on since 2017!!! I think she’s keeping Unbreakable and its singles for an official world tour to support new music (maybe next year at this point?! Who knows?!? 😳😫🤔) I think we haven’t heard the last of her performing “No Sleeep”, “BURNITUP!” and “Dammn Baby” as well as more from Unbreakable just yet! 😉👍🙂

THAT IS IT!!! PERIOD. 

 

Unbreakable is 4 years old...and its not like it had hit singles or anything...so there really is no reason to perform songs off of that album at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

THAT IS IT!!! PERIOD. 

 

Unbreakable is 4 years old...and its not like it had hit singles or anything...so there really is no reason to perform songs off of that album at all. 

If that’s the case, why perform songs like RNB Junkie off Damita Jo? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T.C said:

If that’s the case, why perform songs like RNB Junkie off Damita Jo? 

Same reason she performed all those deep cuts on the SOTW tour! For us fans duh?!? 🙄😝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2019 at 5:38 PM, T.C said:

If that’s the case, why perform songs like RNB Junkie off Damita Jo? 

 Janet's opening song for her Vegas show was "Empty" .....that was not a coincidence. "China Love" was in the show.. That was not coincidence...these all have been album tracks that the janfam community have been praising and janet was listening to her fans and started putting these fan fav album tracks in her show. 

Unbreakable album is a great album but doesnt carry as much history as her previous albums in the janfam community bc its her newest project. All of this is so obvious...how could you have missed it? The "Unbreakable" album juss doesnt carry as much weight...we havent been in love with it long enough for it to just yet.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, EphraimAdamz said:

I would like Night to stick around

Agreed! I think Janet def intended it to be a single off “Unbreakable” and it never got its proper due as even a performance during the Unbreakable Tour. I hope and think there’s a chance she’ll give it the epic showcase such a amazing track deserves!!! 🤔👍🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

Agreed! I think Janet def intended it to be a single off “Unbreakable” and it never got its proper due as even a performance during the Unbreakable Tour. I hope and think there’s a chance she’ll give it the epic showcase such a amazing track deserves!!! 🤔👍🙂

If that was her intention it would have been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to think it as when Beyonce put Mine and Rocket on the Formation Tour (Lemonade) which was the previous album(Beyonce) from which the tour was supporting. Its just keeping the setlist fresh and current and new. I honestly would love her to play The Great Forever and Gon B Alright from that album on the next album tour shes doing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, J. said:

If that was her intention it would have been.

Not if the era was abruptly ended before more singles could have come out because of Wissiam needing an heir, remember?! 🤔Remember, “Unbreakable” was suppose to have a three year plan with the Unbreakable Tour lastly MUCH longer obviously. 😉👍🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lenzo88 said:

Not if the era was abruptly ended before more singles could have come out because of Wissiam needing an heir, remember?! 🤔Remember, “Unbreakable” was suppose to have a three year plan with the Unbreakable Tour lastly MUCH longer obviously. 😉👍🙂

That three year era went out the window long before she was pregnant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

Not if the era was abruptly ended before more singles could have come out because of Wissiam needing an heir, remember?! 🤔Remember, “Unbreakable” was suppose to have a three year plan with the Unbreakable Tour lastly MUCH longer obviously. 😉👍🙂

It did have a 3yr plan, it was just modified when she for preggo, and she rebooted the era with Made for Now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...