Black Diamond Tour

MorganR

As someone who JUST got out of the hospital from battling Covid and her respiratory demons for almost a month.....fuck a tour! I'm here to tell you, take this shit seriously.

Its already getting worse. And don't take breathing for granted ever again. I can barely walk to the kitchen without getting winded....I was 6'1, 175-180.....now I'm 6'1 140...shit ain't cute yall. 

Worse part is that I have an appetite BUT my taste buds are fucked because of the medicine I'm on. #miserable A bitch really want a lemon pepper wing.

But seriously....

Stay safe!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Laveaux said:

As someone who JUST got out of the hospital from battling Covid and her respiratory demons for almost a month.....fuck a tour! I'm here to tell you, take this shit seriously.

Its already getting worse. And don't take breathing for granted ever again. I can barely walk to the kitchen without getting winded....I was 6'1, 175-180.....now I'm 6'1 140...shit ain't cute yall. 

Worse part is that I have an appetite BUT my taste buds are fucked because of the medicine I'm on. #miserable A bitch really want a lemon pepper wing.

But seriously....

Stay safe!

It is real,, it started all about old people, and survival rates being over 90%, until I lost my aunt. Covid-19 is real and they dont have the answers, which, aside from the fact its not leaving, makes things scary.

Glad you recovered heffa -_- I was in here conjuring your spirit telling the drive in concerts to turn on your high beams for this next song.....:blink: Don't worry I'm cray -_- 

16 hours ago, Laveaux said:

But seriously....

Stay safe!

OMG! I’m so glad to hear that you’re recovering. When did you start feeling off?

1 hour ago, Angela said:

OMG! I’m so glad to hear that you’re recovering. When did you start feeling off?

Yes chile.

It was tricky because I have bad allergies around this time...so it started off with me just coughing a lot in the middle of May. I would pop a Claritin and things would be better. Had no fever or anything. Towards the end of May, the coughing got a little more aggressive (so I thought I might be sick)...and I started getting chills and a slight headache...I was like okay...I'm getting tested tomorrow...( I had to jump through all these fucking hoops just to get a test....that pissed me off)...anywho, they swabbed my mouth and told me I'd get the results in 5 days....so I tried to be patient and wait but by that 3rd day....she was on my ass, muscles were weak af, could barely get air in my lungs...that was Sunday the end of May I believe...told my friend to call the sirens...its an emergency. 

I literally just got out yesterday lol. It's crazy because they had a feeding tube down my throat, so I was knocked out most of the time when I first got there and finally when I'm coherent...I see all these Black men still being killed by police, people rioting, looting, chaos....I almost told them to put me back under.

Da fuq going on out chea. Smh

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Laveaux said:

Yes chile.

It was tricky because I have bad allergies around this time...so it started off with me just coughing a lot in the middle of May. I would pop a Claritin and things would be better. Had no fever or anything. Towards the end of May, the coughing got a little more aggressive (so I thought I might be sick)...and I started getting chills and a slight headache...I was like okay...I'm getting tested tomorrow...( I had to jump through all these fucking hoops just to get a test....that pissed me off)...anywho, they swabbed my mouth and told me I'd get the results in 5 days....so I tried to be patient and wait but by that 3rd day....she was on my ass, muscles were weak af, could barely get air in my lungs...that was Sunday the end of May I believe...told my friend to call the sirens...its an emergency. 

I literally just got out yesterday lol. It's crazy because they had a feeding tube down my throat, so I was knocked out most of the time when I first got there and finally when I'm coherent...I see all these Black men still being killed by police, people rioting, looting, chaos....I almost told them to put me back under.

Glad you're out and recovering. I hope you start feeling better soon.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Laveaux said:

Yes chile.

Glad you made it thru and didnt lose your sense of humour!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Laveaux said:

Yes chile.

Scary shit. I'm so happy you're feeling better now. 

Yeah... and things extra crazy out here. -_- 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Laveaux said:

Yes chile.

Glad to hear you're doing well. Take it easy

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Laveaux said:

Yes chile.

🤗 I wish for a fast and wonderful recovery.

• Upvote 1

On 6/25/2020 at 6:48 PM, Laveaux said:

Yes chile.

I’m not going to lie. I tested up reading your post. I’m sooo grateful that you’re still here with us. 

How are you feeling? I know of a people that have had a long road to recovery. And you’re right: this is not to play with. I haven’t seen my family yet because of the spike in cases and I’d hate to either get it or get my parents sick. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Angela said:

I’m not going to lie. I tested up reading your post. I’m sooo grateful that you’re still here with us. 

How are you feeling? I know of a people that have had a long road to recovery. And you’re right: this is not to play with. I haven’t seen my family yet because of the spike in cases and I’d hate to either get it or get my parents sick. 

I'm actually doing much better. First week was a struggle but I pushed myself and now a bitch is walking around the neighborhood, breathing under control...hell I'm even out in these streets again...social distancing and wearing a mask of course. I'm even gaining weight...now I'm somewhere between All For You and Damita Jo...its cute for now. I'm making it work lol. Thank you for asking.

When I was in the hospital I made a choice one night that I was gonna fight this shit, so the doctors and nurses came in the next day and a bitch was sitting up in a chair without the breathing machine and they knew I wasn't playing. They released my ass the same week. The voodoo spirit is to strong honey. 

I'm glad you got tested. I made everyone I know go get tested. It's sad that these numbers continue to spike. They just don't know.

On 6/25/2020 at 1:26 AM, Laveaux said:

But seriously....

Stay safe!

Omg!!! I’m so sorry to hear that boo!!! Just glad ur one of the survivors!!! This year has been terrifying but hang in there. 😳😫😭👍❤️

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Laveaux said:

I'm actually doing much better. First week was a struggle but I pushed myself and now a bitch is walking around the neighborhood, breathing under control...hell I'm even out in these streets again...social distancing and wearing a mask of course. I'm even gaining weight...now I'm somewhere between All For You and Damita Jo...its cute for now. I'm making it work lol. Thank you for asking.

When I was in the hospital I made a choice one night that I was gonna fight this shit, so the doctors and nurses came in the next day and a bitch was sitting up in a chair without the breathing machine and they knew I wasn't playing. They released my ass the same week. The voodoo spirit is to strong honey. 

I'm glad you got tested. I made everyone I know go get tested. It's sad that these numbers continue to spike. They just don't know.

I’m so glad you kept your sense of humor lmaooo. 

I did get tested because I felt a sore throat but luckily I didn’t have anything. However I no longer travel to keep myself safe. I may see family if I start to see the curve flattening but I’ve been living very natural. 

I had a colleague almost lose a spouse and he’s still recovering so it’s very sobering to hear stories. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I used the All For You Tour as a template for my idea for the new setlist for Black Diamond Tour (songs in brackets are song lengths used for this particular tour)

1. “New Album Intro(“HBO Intro/Tour Intro”)

2. “New Song”("Come On Get Up")

3. “New Song”("All for You")

JACKET COSTUME CHANGE

1. ‘The Pledge

2. "Rhythm Nation" (contains excerpts from "The Knowledge Metamorphosis Breakdown)"

3.  “Shoulda Known Better"(Let's Wait Awhile" / "Again")

4. “Black Eagle” Interlude(“Whismical Interlude)

DANCEHALL JAMAICAN OUTFIT

1. “All Nite"(dancehall)(Runaway") /“Diamonds”("Control") / "Nasty" (contains elements of “New extremely intricate dance break("NEW CURRENT TRAP SONG)"))

MODERN LOOK COSTUME CHANGE

1. Controversy(Media profiling Janet)/Video Interlude short break

2. “New Song”(song with Bruno Mars as a feature(might contain elements of "What Have You Done for Me Lately"/Uptown Funk Mashup)("Son of a Gun (I Betcha Think This Song Is About You)")

3. “I Want You”(contains elements of "Come Back to Me")/”New Song” "Got 'til It's Gone" / "That's the Way Love Goes"/"Come Back to Me")

4. “Rockwitu”("What Have You Done for Me Lately")If(contains elements of BURNITUP)("Miss You Much)//“Feedback”("Escapade") 

SEXY COSTUME CHANGE

1. "New Album Interlude" (Instrumental Interlude)

2. “I Get Lonely”/”Just A Little While”(add 3 more minutes with elements of Strawberry Bounce)”New Song”(“New Song”("Would You Mind")

COSTUME CHANGE INTO ICONIC PLEASURE PRINCIPLE OUTFIT 

1. ““New Album Interlude (Remix Instrumental Interlude)

2. “The Pleasure Principle("If")

3. “The Great Forever”("Black Cat")

ZOOT SUIT THAT TURNS INTRO AFRICAN ESSEMBLE FOR MADE FOR NOW with accessories/Then somehow a beautiful dress for Call On Me

1. “Alright Intro

2. "Alright"

3. “All For You”(say so remix mixed with R&B Junkie)("Someone to Call My Lover")(begins with Feel It Boy mixed with Say So)

4. “Made For Now”("Together Again")

5. “Call On Me”(reggae version)("Love Will Never Do (Without You)")

6. “Call On Me” outro ("Love Will Never Do (Without You)"Outro/Short break”)

7. “New Song”("You Ain't Right")

ENCORE

COSTUME CHANGE

1. “New Song”("Trust a Try")(add 4 more minutes)

COSTUME CHANGE

1. “BREAK”

“Gon B Alright contains elements of "You Want This" / "Miss You Much" / "Control")”("Doesn't Really Matter"/"When I Think of You")

The reason I included more Damita Jo songs is because the singles did better worldwide on chart positions than some of her songs from Rhythm Nation and Control era(one of the reasons her songs from the Damita Jo album would've been sure no. 1 hits on hot 100 in the US.) Also hits like Together Again and TTWLG and When I Think Of You were retired just for this tour. She can put them in special shows but I feel like she relys on the greatest hit artists rep over the years(Dammn Baby lyrically touched on this)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 6:18 PM, Lenzo88 said:

This year has been beyond devastating!!!! Even if Janet were to announce something again I’m beyond depressed n emotionally drained. 😭😭😭🤦🏾‍♂️💀

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling drained. Do you have someone to talk to? How do you manage the stress in these times? :unsure: 

• Like 1

Well at least from the "secret" info i gave about Janets plan to have a behind the scenes documentary surrounding her album and the tour (from an extremely reliable source).. It gives us something to look forward to once Rona is outta here. Im sure janet is gonna stick to those surprises for her fans once they get the ball rolling again

On 9/5/2020 at 5:26 PM, Bailey said:

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling drained. Do you have someone to talk to? How do you manage the stress in these times? :unsure: 

Child, I do n am managing as best as I can but too much tragedy and unexpected loss out of nowhere month after month for all of us. I can wait for BD for sure now. Waaaaayyyy too much is going on! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...