Black Diamond Tour

MorganR

I’m so excited for the new era of the Black Diamond. I know so much is going on in the world and Janet will always bring the songs to touch your soul. I hope that she can score another number one and I can’t wait till she comes to Dallas and New Orleans. May God bless her and her team for a new fresh sound.

• Like 2

I love that she’s explaining the meaning behind Black Diamond right out of the gate.Giving me Velvet Rope vibes, in the way she’s finding a deeper meaning and symbolism behind an item and running with it in an artistic/inspiring way like only she can do. 

I bet she goes deep (ha! Didn’t even write that pun on purpose) on this one like she did on The Velvet Rope. But while TVR was, for the most part, largely introspective, I bet Black Diamond will still pack an emotional punch, I bet it’ll be more celebratory because she’s at a stage in her life where she’s prob way more confident than she was in her 30’s and has overcome so much shit. Got me so excited. (Couldn’t help myself with that one.)

This is the only thing I’m going to say about the RN1814 part of this new tour. If she really wants to make it a special celebration of that album, she should sing “Lonely.” That fan-favorite deserves a moment in the spotlight!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Kaleidoscope Eyes said:

I feel like the tour aspect is drowning out the album announcement. Geez, guys, Janet’s done a shit ton of tours these past 4-5 years...THE ALBUM IS COMING!

Because touring is a bigger sell for Janet Jackson in 2020. The album is like awe nice, but outside of her core fans...the tour is the value. Bc most ppl feel Janet doesn’t really perform heavily even though her fans know she has been in recent years. She has a brand of being one of the last elusive celebrities left. Sooo most aren’t waiting for an album but always want to see her. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Because touring is a bigger sell for Janet Jackson in 2020. The album is like awe nice, but outside of her core fans...the tour is the value. Bc most ppl feel Janet doesn’t really perform heavily even though her fans know she has been in recent years. She has a brand of being one of the last elusive celebrities left. Sooo most aren’t waiting for an album but always want to see her. 

With that said since the emphasis is on the tour and her touring status as one of the best do you think that she will play hits with a little bit of new music?

I feel like the tour announcement is getting more of the focus because it actually has dates. 

There hasn’t yet been a concrete date or even month/time of the year attached to the news of the Black Diamond album. I wish Jimmy Fallon asked her to be more specific about when it comes out, other than “sometime this year.”

I mean, I know this album isn’t going to go the way of the 2018 EP, the Pleasure Principle lingerie line, the deal with Lionsgate to produce a movie... but I’d rather she give us even a ballpark date range for the album’s release because, well, I want to know everything! 

(My guess would be middle/end of May, That still gives them time to work on the album, and then a couple of months for the songs to be out in the world and we’ll know the lyrics, giggles, “yeah, yeah” and other Janet ad lib moments that you can’t help but sing along to. 😝

(And I hope they have a video roll-out plan where we get more than 2 videos from this album!)

7 hours ago, jinthahouse said:

With that said since the emphasis is on the tour and her touring status as one of the best do you think that she will play hits with a little bit of new music?

Absolutely. No doubt about it, if you notice it she’s promoting it with what’s called nostalgic marketing - “with a special performance of RN”. She’s appealing to those who remember her highlight years. 

The “with new music” is to say btw I’ll be making some music too. But truth is I’m sure beyond it being a number 1 there are low expectations for sales. A win will be a sold out tour & a number 1 title. When you get to the show it will focus on her catalog and sprinkle in new tracks as she’s been doing. 

4 hours ago, kaeh1213 said:

I feel like the tour announcement is getting more of the focus because it actually has dates. 

There hasn’t yet been a concrete date or even month/time of the year attached to the news of the Black Diamond album. I wish Jimmy Fallon asked her to be more specific about when it comes out, other than “sometime this year.”

I mean, I know this album isn’t going to go the way of the 2018 EP, the Pleasure Principle lingerie line, the deal with Lionsgate to produce a movie... but I’d rather she give us even a ballpark date range for the album’s release because, well, I want to know everything! 

(My guess would be middle/end of May, That still gives them time to work on the album, and then a couple of months for the songs to be out in the world and we’ll know the lyrics, giggles, “yeah, yeah” and other Janet ad lib moments that you can’t help but sing along to. 😝

(And I hope they have a video roll-out plan where we get more than 2 videos from this album!)

You likely will not get more than 2 videos. The marketing budget is best spent on the tour in these years. It’s not to he pessimistic but this is the experience of falling in love with an artist who ages into legacy. 

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Frankie S. said:

I have no idea how to join the fan club... Seems like it would be easy to do...  Haven't been able to crack that nut. 

Go to Janet Jackson. Com..top of the page enter your email and click on the arrow 

Got my ticket for the Sacramento show August 17th! Floor 2 Row C seat 3!!! This will be the closest i've seen her other than sneaking up front row during a crowd scuffle during the Unbreakable show in SF :lol:  I could've gotten a Row D seat 8 which would've had a direct middle view but not for no $200 extra :umm: 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

Got my ticket for the Sacramento show August 17th! Floor 2 Row C seat 3!!! This will be the closest i've seen her other than sneaking up front row during a crowd scuffle during the Unbreakable show in SF :lol:  I could've gotten a Row D seat 8 which would've had a direct middle view but not for no $200 extra :umm: 

Congratulations Joe

9 hours ago, J. said:

There’s no excuse for there to be less than three videos. None.

Music videos are not a top priority like they used to be. I GET wanting as much Janet content as possible, wanting to see her in her element & doing what she was known for...but making 3 music videos isn’t just the standard. 

• Upvote 2