Black Diamond Tour

MorganR

My Dream Black Diamond WT Setlist:

*Screen visuals of Janet’s trials and tribulations slowly, then quickly becoming a shower of clips from her most recent success as a pop legend and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee. Then the diamond shower of clips turns into a large black Diamond that reveals itself in the middle of the stage as fire erupts and sparks explode to reveal Janet within the Diamond as the first song begins and her dancers flood the stage in epic fashion*

1. New Black Diamond Song-Opener
  2. Made For Now
  3. Diamonds (Hehe!)
  4. What Have You Done For Me Lately
  5. Pleasure Principle
  6. New Black Diamond Song
  7. Interlude-Wardrobe Change
  8. Got Til’ It’s Gone
  9. Go Deep (No Sleeep Transition) 
  10. Rock Wit U
  11. New Black Diamond Song
  12. All For You
  13. Night
  14. Nasty
  15. Miss You Much
  16. New Black Diamond Song
  17. Ballad Section Transition
  18. New Black Diamond Song
  19. Again
  20. Come Back To Me
  21. Together Again (Deeper Remix)
  22. That’s The Way Love Goes
  23. I Want You
  24. Enjoy (OMG!!! Please Janet!!)
  25. Interlude-Wardrobe Change
  26. If
  27. Son of A Gun
  28. New Black Diamond Song
  29. Special Exclusive Rhythm Nation Performance 
  30. Final Wardrobe Change/Interlude
  31. Dammn Baby
  32. 2 B Loved
  33. Dancer/Band Introductions
  34. When I Think of You
  35. Love Will Never Do (Without You)
  36. New Black Diamond Song-Closer

*Janet waves and says goodbye as she re-enters the black Diamond and seemingly disappears* 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Im juss glad that PROMOTION has been at the forefront this nite cus i started to think Janet was never gone promote shit again.. Idk what new awakening she done had but its GOOD TO SEE! She needs to get off that relying on her name shit..this is 2020. Out of sight out of mind. You have Mariah Carey's current vegas residency struggling right now...now idk how much Mariah promotes but thats a true indication that being a LEGEND alone is not always gonna sell them tickets,ladies

Meanwhile Madonna's current tour has had so much controversy from cancellations, getting injured, vocal issues and showing up 2-3 hours late to her shows ..a BIG MESS but somehow this bitch still manages to pull in good numbers which i will never understand..i kno she puts on a good show but she dont care about mistreating and disrespecting her fans and they still remain faithful to her. 

14 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

My Dream Black Diamond WT Setlist:

*Screen visuals of Janet’s trials and tribulations slowly, then quickly becoming a shower of clips from her most recent success as a pop legend and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee. Then the diamond shower of clips turns into a large black Diamond that reveals itself in the middle of the stage as fire erupts and sparks explode to reveal Janet within the Diamond as the first song begins and her dancers flood the stage in epic fashion*

1. New Black Diamond Song-Opener
  2. Made For Now
  3. Diamonds (Hehe!)
  4. What Have You Done For Me Lately
  5. Pleasure Principle
  7. Interlude-Wardrobe Change
  8. Got Til’ It’s Gone
  9. Go Deep (No Sleeep Transition) 
  10. Rock Wit U
  11. New Black Diamond Song
  12. All For You
  13. Night
  14. Nasty
  15. Miss You Much
  16. New Black Diamond Song
  17. Ballad Section Transition
  18. New Black Diamond Song
  19. Again
  20. Come Back To Me
  21. Together Again (Deeper Remix)
  22. That’s The Way Love Goes
  23. I Want You
  24. Enjoy (OMG!!! Please Janet!!)
  25. Interlude-Wardrobe Change
  26. If
  27. Son of A Gun
  28. New Black Diamond Song
  29. Special Exclusive Rhythm Nation Performance 
  30. Final Wardrobe Change/Interlude
  31. Dammn Baby
  32. 2 B Loved
  33. Dancer/Band Introductions
  34. When I Think of You
  35. Love Will Never Do (Without You)
  36. New Black Diamond Song-Closer

*Janet waves and says goodbye as she re-enters the black Diamond and seemingly disappears* 

I AGREE WITH I WANT YOU YESSSSS. That song was moderately big and charted the same as her previous hits but only internationally. For this tour I want her to break the usual mold of her tour formats like Act 1 - High Energy Act 2- Old Hits Act 3-Ballad Section Act 4- Slow Mid-Tempos Act 5-Nasty Janet Act 6- Signature Hits(If, RN) Act 7- Encore 

Here is my setlist it contains a good balance I think of current and old songs.(Ps Im from the Caribbean so hopefully you will understand why I want the Dancehall Act there😂

Act 1Rough on the Edges(Thematic Act)

1. Black Diamond Intro

2. Rhythm Nation(5 min performance of special rendition)

3. New Black Diamond Song

4. Black Cat(reinvented with a heavy metal break with Janet and guitarist going crazy)

5. Diamonds/Diamonds (Megan Thee Stallion and Normani song)/Nasty 

Act 2 (Ghetto/Dancehall Beach/Reggae New Album Interlude

1. New Black Diamond Song

2. All Nite(Dancehall Skinout BET Version)/ Call On Me(Reggae Version)/"Feel It Boy"

3. If(Dancehall Skinout/Ghetto Reinvention)(contains elements of AnyTime AnyPlace)

Act 3(Struggles/Triumphant Interlude)

1. New Black Diamond Song

Personal Act 4/New Album Interlude

1. The Great Forever(contains elements of Scream)

2. Together Again(Deeper Remix)

3. Lonely

4. Again

5. I Want You

Act 5 Stripped Down/Bossa Nova/Jazz/Funk Act/New Album Interlude

1. New Black Diamond Song (Hopefully New Song with Bruno Mars) can also have a medley of Uptown Funk mixed in with What Have You Done For Me Lately

2. New Black Diamond Song

3. Rockwitu Intro/Night(full length performance)

4. Gon B Alright

5. Gon B Alright(contains elements Medley of You Want This/Miss You Much(with chair routine)/Control)

Act 6 Legacy Unmatched(Video Montage (contains excerpts from "Young Love", "When I Think Of You", "Love Will Never Do Without You", "Together Again (Original Mix)", “That’s The Way Love Love Goes”, "Got til Its Gone, "Feel It Boy", "Dammn Baby", "I Get Lonely", and "So Excited")

1. Escapade (intense choreography Mardi Gras Style)1 OR Alright(intense choreography Janet goes MGM Musical with tap performance (like old times)) (5 min performance)

2. All For You(2018 remix with a fun funky song)(shortened version)/Enjoy

3. Made For Now (6 min performance, contains elements of New Afrobeat song)

Encore 

1. Pleasure Principle (6 min performance solo dance performance)

2. Feedback/BURNITUP(with new Missy Elliott trap song or new hit trap song Dance Break)

3. New Black Diamond Song 

My dream 'Black Diamond Tour' Setlist

*New Song*

Go Deep/All Nite (Don’t Stop)

Feedback

If

Control

Nasty/What Have You Done For Me Lately

The Pleasure Principle

*New Song*

Any Time, Any Place

I Get Lonely

Miss You Much

Alright/Escapade 

When I Think Of You/Someone To Call My Lover

Love Will Never Do (Without You)

No Sleeep

Call On Me/Got ’Til It’s Gone

That’s The Way Love Goes

Runaway

All For You/Doesn’t Really Matter

*New Song*

Come Back To Me

Let’s Wait Awhile

Again

Black Cat

Scream/Rhythm Nation/The Knowledge

Made For Now

Together Again

1 hour ago, luckycunt said:

My dream 'Black Diamond Tour' Setlist

*New Song*

Go Deep/All Nite (Don’t Stop)

Feedback

If

Control

Nasty/What Have You Done For Me Lately

The Pleasure Principle

*New Song*

Any Time, Any Place

I Get Lonely

Miss You Much

Alright/Escapade 

When I Think Of You/Someone To Call My Lover

No Sleeep

Call On Me/Got ’Til It’s Gone

That’s The Way Love Goes

Runaway

All For You/Doesn’t Really Matter

*New Song*

Come Back To Me

Let’s Wait Awhile

Again

Black Cat

Scream/Rhythm Nation/The Knowledge

Made For Now

Together Again

Hmmm not enough new songs!!! 😳😱😫😭Janet will perform AT LEAST 5-6 songs from the new album considering it’s a tour promoting it!!! 🤔👍

what are your thoughts on this? 👀👇🏼

BLACK DIAMOND WORLD TOUR SETLIST

New song (up-tempo)

Control

Runaway

The Exciting Mix:

So Excited, LUV, All Nite (Don't Stop), Go Deep, Make Me 

Damita Jo 

New song (sexy, upbeat)

If / Black Cat (mix)

Nasty 

What Have You Done For Me Lately 

Dammn Baby 

The Ballad Mix:

Let's Wait Awhile, Come Back To Me, Again, Everytime 

New song (ballad)

Feedback (slow, sexy version)

The Escapade Mix:

Miss You Much, Doesn't Really Matter, When I Think Of You, Just A Little While, Someone To Call My Lover, Escapade 

That's The Way Love Goes 

New song (R&B slow jam)

The R&B Mix:

I Want You, Got 'Til It's Gone, No Sleeep, Anything, I Get Lonely

Rhythm Nation 

Because Of Love / All For You (mix)

Together Again 

Made For Now + band introduction 

Encore:

Better Days / Enjoy (mix)

New song 

8 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

Honestly, while ticket sales for the new tour are mediocre so far, I feel once the first single comes out and is promoted like hell, the tickets will sell astronomically more!!! 🤔👍

she literally just announced the tour tho. You're right about the promotion. She needs to start promoting. The 1st date is 4 months away so she has enough time

8 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

Honestly, while ticket sales for the new tour are mediocre so far, I feel once the first single comes out and is promoted like hell, the tickets will sell astronomically more!!! 🤔👍

BDWT is still one of the best selling tours when you check Ticketmaster. It's totally normal that sales decline a bit, because the fans have bought their tickets. Now it's up to more promotion. I've seen lots of posts of billboards and ads all across the US, so that's a good sign. The single + music video release , album cover release, and of course the album release will result in better sales. 

In all honesty, I'm more concerned about an area like Europe where her team REALLY needs to promote. The US tickets will pretty much sell themselves in the coming months. 

Yeah, I didn’t mean to say the ticket sales were poor overall, just that they’re not selling like crazy so far which is understandable given she just did a week of promo and hasn’t even announced the album release date or released her first single + music video. I guess I’m just so eager to see Janet succeed BIG TIME this era but I’ll b patient. 👀 Don’t hurt me!!! 😫😭😭🤪👍

• Upvote 2

On 2/19/2020 at 4:20 PM, Lenzo88 said:

Yeah, I didn’t mean to say the ticket sales were poor overall, just that they’re not selling like crazy so far which is understandable given she just did a week of promo and hasn’t even announced the album release date or released her first single + music video. I guess I’m just so eager to see Janet succeed BIG TIME this era but I’ll b patient. 👀 Don’t hurt me!!! 😫😭😭🤪👍

Are they selling better than SOTW ? 

On 2/19/2020 at 1:03 AM, Lenzo88 said:

Imma need yall to step outta 1993 and be present in 2020. The general public is not checking for an older acts new music. Therefore new music wont help drive  tickets sales only JANET PROMOTING HER TOUR can. She's always too laxed when it comes to promoting her tours.. She has this "whoever comes comes..but im not about to put in the footwork to promote..ive been entertaining 40 years tf i look like doin the ground work? Ive paid my dues"...

Janet I get it but youre wrong in your case. Even tho Janets tpuring attendance is a mixture of sellout shows and some markets that arent sellout outs...she could do better if she DID PROMOTE HER TOURS MORE. Lets keep in mind her tpuring attendance has came a longgggggg way since the RWU tour that was a major disaster..now that tour was the flop tour..after that she started to gain some footing back ...so lets be thankful she started having sellout shows again...thats why i dont trip too hard about the markets where she dont sell out bc i remember when shit was REAL bad touringwise.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, janetDAYZ said:

Imma need yall to step outta 1993 and be present in 2020. The general public is not checking for an older acts new music. Therefore new music wont help drive  tickets sales only JANET PROMOTING HER TOUR can. She's always too laxed when it comes to promoting her tours.. She has this "whoever comes comes..but im not about to put in the footwork to promote..ive been entertaining 40 years tf i look like doin the ground work? Ive paid my dues"...

Janet I get it but youre wrong in your case. Even tho Janets tpuring attendance is a mixture of sellout shows and some markets that arent sellout outs...she could do better if she DID PROMOTE HER TOURS MORE. Lets keep in mind her tpuring attendance has came a longgggggg way since the RWU tour that was a major disaster..now that tour was the flop tour..after that she started to gain some footing back ...so lets be thankful she started having sellout shows again...thats why i dont trip too hard about the markets where she dont sell out bc i remember when shit was REAL bad touringwise.

Gotta say, her team seems to work on promoting. There are ads on subways and there was also promotion on several music websites. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

I get what your saying, don’t get me wrong but Janet and her team are also working on gaining new fans aka the younger generation to get into her by maintaining new music that is extremely current as well as working with artists who are extremely trendy. If Janet just relied on her old fans to sell tickets, I don’t think the sales would becas great as they want them to be. This is a NEW ERA with NEW MUSIC, not just for the diehard fan base but for the potential of a new generation of fans. Aka these teen and 20something gays being introduced to the Janet realm of before and now!! 😉😫😭❤️❤️❤️

3 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

I get what your saying, don’t get me wrong but Janet and her team are also working on gaining new fans aka the younger generation to get into her by maintaining new music that is extremely current as well as working with artists who are extremely trendy. If Janet just relied on her old fans to sell tickets, I don’t think the sales would becas great as they want them to be. This is a NEW ERA with NEW MUSIC, not just for the diehard fan base but for the potential of a new generation of fans. Aka these teen and 20something gays being introduced to the Janet realm of before and now!! 😉😫😭❤️❤️❤️

Agreed. Plus think of Janet herself it must be refreshing for an artist to perform new material that reps her in the now

9 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

Again, Janet’s intentions is not to get the younger audience. That’s a VERY small margin of ticket sales - also because the younger audience doesn’t have disposable income to afford acts like Janet Jackson who they only know 1-4 songs of. If by younger you mean 20s because Janet’s true audience is 30s - 50s thats her base. 

The new music is specifically to get a number 1 in 2020 AND to diversify her show some. Let her core know she’s still working. She does not rely on her diehard fans alone but she does rely on the audience that grew up with her & her family. The Jackson fans, the casual fans, the ppl who love her but don’t check for her. There are ppl who will attend who will be like - nice new music but not remember or care to search for it after. That’s the more likely experience. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1