Getting Janet on Carpool Karaoke!

Jakob

I dont see it happening. I believe Questlove (who is a STAN and friend) was an integral part in getting Janet to do that segment. Janet is a professional and a perfectionist...her and Quest probably rehearsed that little acoustic bop for months. In other words she felt some what in control and comfortable. I don't see that happening with James

20 hours ago, Mr. Wonder said:

I thought about this after watching Fallon. It really would be nice to see her in carpool. But her lack of confidence in her singing voice will keep her away from it. -_-

Hmmm... I don't think that should be a big issue. She only has to sing along to her own songs on the radio. It's not like she has to sing acapella haha. And James Corden always sings along too (and pretty loud haha).

20 hours ago, Mr. Wonder said:

I thought about this after watching Fallon. It really would be nice to see her in carpool. But her lack of confidence in her singing voice will keep her away from it. -_-

Yup! I remember a while back Jimmy said something like anytime Janet do good vocally in the studio the most he'd get from her was something like "I guess that's ok". He said she'd never really give herself a pat on the back smh

On 2/15/2020 at 3:00 PM, Jakob said:

Hmmm... I don't think that should be a big issue. She only has to sing along to her own songs on the radio. It's not like she has to sing acapella haha. And James Corden always sings along too (and pretty loud haha).

That carpool is more than just singing. You need the personality that's necessary for a segment like that. Janet's confidence would need to be sky high. And she would need to be able to project, which she didn't do much on Fallon.

On 2/15/2020 at 3:11 PM, JoeJoe said:

Yup! I remember a while back Jimmy said something like anytime Janet do good vocally in the studio the most he'd get from her was something like "I guess that's ok". He said she'd never really give herself a pat on the back smh

And if you watch the first two tours, she sang live a lot. But after that......

16 hours ago, Mr. Wonder said:

That carpool is more than just singing. You need the personality that's necessary for a segment like that. Janet's confidence would need to be sky high. And she would need to be able to project, which she didn't do much on Fallon.

The difference with Fallon is though that Carpool Karaoke is more low-key, not in front of hundreds of people like on an actual talkshow. It's just the two of them in a car and if something need to be edited, they can. Different vibe. Besides, James Corden is pretty much leading the entire segment. Janet just has to sit there and sing along a little bit (or just giving some nice adlibs here and there). Remember when Britney was on CK? Now, that was awkward haha. 

11 minutes ago, EphraimAdamz said:

What is the benefit though?  Do artists album sales and streams ever increase? I feel like that's more the deciding factor. 

Carpool Karaoke is extremely popular, especially for the younger demographic who aren’t too familiar with Janet. They’ll get to know her on a personal level as well as a taste of her extensive catalogue which will definitely help promote the album (with a new single of course!)

40 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

Carpool Karaoke is extremely popular, especially for the younger demographic who aren’t too familiar with Janet. They’ll get to know her on a personal level as well as a taste of her extensive catalogue which will definitely help promote the album (with a new single of course!)

Oh I suppose that's true...

What songs though...

The only way I see her doing the carpool karaoke is that SHE drives the car and James is sitting next to HER. She's a frequent driver, right. At least she used to be. She wants to be in control and she needs to be able to switch the station if she wants to. Honestly, I'm not too fond of this show... It doesn't always bring out the best of the artists and it is kind of lame already. She doesn't need it imo

2 hours ago, bonsaibutterfly said:

The only way I see her doing the carpool karaoke is that SHE drives the car and James is sitting next to HER. She's a frequent driver, right. At least she used to be. She wants to be in control and she needs to be able to switch the station if she wants to. Honestly, I'm not too fond of this show... It doesn't always bring out the best of the artists and it is kind of lame already. She doesn't need it imo

In carpool karaoke no one is actually driving the car. The car is being pulled and filmed. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bonsaibutterfly said:

I get the feeling Janet has not driven in a LONG ass time 😄 she def doesn't when in London.

32 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

She would NEVER!!! 😂🤣😂😅💀 She’d get embarrassed by the first question!!!!

She met him at the BBMA performance took a pic with him, maybe thats as far as she would go, BUT It's a cute look to show up on Andy Cohen, most of the gurls have. Understanding brand management and which side of the bread your butter is on is business 101, we watch Andy Cohen even if its a YT clip, it's cute its fun. NOW how its conducted Janet's team would handle him the same way they handle everyone else, just a bit more to the point ...dont ask this, this is how we will go, this is what she will discuss or she walks..editing control.......management 101

• Upvote 2