Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jinthahouse

Janet Jackson Live on The Velvet Rope Tour in Greenpoint Stadium In Cape Town,South Africa

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jinthahouse said:

https://reuters.screenocean.com/record/895048

 

At around 2:20 janet starts the if breakdown and additional tour footage from its local news reports

Nice. I always felt she was too skinny during that tour. It also looks like she wasn't in the process of dying her hair red just yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

Nice. I always felt she was too skinny during that tour. It also looks like she wasn't in the process of dying her hair red just yet.

I always thought that about A4U tour

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is the hardest I HAVE EVER seen her hit the if breakdown. Plus when she is not doing choreography her STORYTELLING AS A NATURAL PERFORMER was on a different LEVEL. She may hit the same moves now but her storytelling and performing skills have been reduced to just standing and singing when she does not participate in choreo IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, vibeology said:

I always thought that about A4U tour

OMG she was even worse on that tour. Her body was in great shape but she damn near lost all of her ass and when she put on those blue shorts for it her legs looked way too skinny while doing that breakdown.

18 hours ago, jinthahouse said:

That is the hardest I HAVE EVER seen her hit the if breakdown. Plus when she is not doing choreography her STORYTELLING AS A NATURAL PERFORMER was on a different LEVEL. She may hit the same moves now but her storytelling and performing skills have been reduced to just standing and singing when she does participate in choreo IMO

well she's in her 50s. IDK what fans expect her to do lol. Actually she's still doing great. Her State of The World tour and Rhythm Nation 30th anniversary shows that I attended were both awesome. What's the last tour you saw her on cause these last 2 she got great reviews.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jinthahouse said:

That is the hardest I HAVE EVER seen her hit the if breakdown. Plus when she is not doing choreography her STORYTELLING AS A NATURAL PERFORMER was on a different LEVEL. She may hit the same moves now but her storytelling and performing skills have been reduced to just standing and singing when she does participate in choreo IMO

Ummmm, Janet was 32 here vs. 53 now, what are you expecting!?! The fact is when Janet hits those iconic moves she hits them hard like she always does!!! she just can’t move as much cause she’s saving all her energy when she needs to move the most!!! Saw her on the State of the World Tour in 2017 ad she STILL gives her all no matter what when it counts, so I see nothing wrong at all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has someone ripped this yet? 

And clearly there's more TVRT footage out there. Professional footage at that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2020 at 2:17 PM, jinthahouse said:

https://reuters.screenocean.com/record/895048

 

At around 2:20 janet starts the if breakdown and additional tour footage from its local news reports

@ exactly 2:39, at the end of her killing that damn "If" breakdown, that snap and her leg kick up, you can straight up tell she was genuinely, sincerely with full confidence....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Feeling her muthafuckin puss -_- 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mr. Wonder said:

Has someone ripped this yet? 

And clearly there's more TVRT footage out there. Professional footage at that. 

She said she's heard our prayers wishes but some of them haven't been granted yet.

IrMK2Mg.gif

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hotboy06 said:

She said she's heard our prayers wishes but some of them haven't been granted yet.

IrMK2Mg.gif

 

The Janet. tour HD,  I'm at the point I've given up :cry: on RN HD, but that doesnt mean I dont mess with it on YT in whatever quality ....I was hoping they would release the ENTIRE RN film short in HD since they did clean up MYM and RN ...because low key "The Knowledge" slaps -_- 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bailey said:

The Janet. tour HD,  I'm at the point I've given up :cry: on RN HD, but that doesnt mean I dont mess with it on YT in whatever quality ....I was hoping they would release the ENTIRE RN film short in HD since they did clean up MYM and RN ...because low key "The Knowledge" slaps -_- 

I want the RN tour on DVD/Netflix so badly.  I will accept all the tours tbh. But the RN tour is the one I really want because she really set a precedent as a performer(and perfected in on subsequent tours).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, hotboy06 said:

I want the RN tour on DVD/Netflix so badly.  I will accept all the tours tbh. But the RN tour is the one I really want because she really set a precedent as a performer(and perfected in on subsequent tours).

A box set, like she did with her old photos for the Metamorphosis residency that tour book was nice 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2020 at 3:54 PM, hotboy06 said:

I want the RN tour on DVD/Netflix so badly.  I will accept all the tours tbh. But the RN tour is the one I really want because she really set a precedent as a performer(and perfected in on subsequent tours).

Netflix with limited DVD release because unfortunately that's the times we're in now. They only make good money from streaming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure Michael and Lisa Marie were at this show, too. There were reports about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2020 at 2:17 PM, jinthahouse said:

https://reuters.screenocean.com/record/895048

 

At around 2:20 janet starts the if breakdown and additional tour footage from its local news reports

The footage here is the clearest I've seen of the tour. I think it's in even better quality than the NYC date on YouTube. I've noticed that the guitar riffs during the "If" breakdown sound different on each of the nights I've watched (NYC, Glasgow, Belgium, and now Cape Town). The sound quality here was great; I wish we had more footage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VelvetKnowledge1814 said:

The footage here is the clearest I've seen of the tour. I think it's in even better quality than the NYC date on YouTube. I've noticed that the guitar riffs during the "If" breakdown sound different on each of the nights I've watched (NYC, Glasgow, Belgium, and now Cape Town). The sound quality here was great; I wish we had more footage.

wait glascow???? you could footage from glascow?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jinthahouse said:

wait glascow???? you could footage from glascow?
 

I think I remember seeing Scottish footage a while back on YouTube. Janet was wearing the red jacket with her bangs dyed red (I didn't care for that look); her ponytail was straight, not curly like in NYC and Cape Town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...