Janet - Pillow Talk

FreelovesJJ

Please!! I am begging anyone who watched Questlove's IG Live tonight as he paid tribute to Janet...he played Janet's version of Pillow Talk originally by Sylvia. I have waited to hear this track for years...I tried to record the screen by my phone didn't get the audio. Long before it was said she remade it...I was campaigning for her to do so, and didn't know it existed until a couple years ago. SO I AM BEGGING please share that mutha fucka with me lol, I never ask for much but this is huge for me!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, vibeology said:

the vocals here are not doing it for me at all ✋

the vocals are not doing it for me either, the music sounds good though. It reminds me a bit of "Island Life", a song that echoes the kind of vocals that Janet shine on with a mid-tempo song like "Pillow Talk" 

which I've never heard of until now :unsure: 

come through Questlove :clapping:

12 hours ago, Bailey said:

the vocals are not doing it for me either, the music sounds good though. It reminds me a bit of "Island Life", a song that echoes the kind of vocals that Janet shine on with a mid-tempo song like "Pillow Talk" 

which I've never heard of until now :unsure: 

come through Questlove :clapping:

Island Life?! How DARE you!

My comparison would be Love U 4 Life - I wanna love that song so bad 😔 it has all the makings of something great, but the vocals (and a demoesque finish) stop it from being so.

10 hours ago, vibeology said:

Island Life?! How DARE you!

My comparison would be Love U 4 Life - I wanna love that song so bad 😔 it has all the makings of something great, but the vocals (and a demoesque finish) stop it from being so.

I was speaking musically the song Pillow Talk has some Island Life vibes in sound. As for the vocals, I felt "Pillow Talk"  could use a vocal arrangement akin to that on "Island Life" 

• Upvote 1