Am I Selfish???

Lenzo88

So despite the pandemic, Many artists have managed to release new music and videos between March and this month. Missy, Brandy, Kelly, Gaga/Ari, Teyana Taylor, etc. Makes me just more eager to hear Janet’s new music. Yes, the tour is postponed for reasons out of her control but that doesn’t mean the music should be grind to a silent halt. I’m just wondering why her n her team are being so silent about the whole era. Mind you it was Ticketmaster that had to tell us the album was postponed, NOT janet herself. I don’t want to sound Unappreciative and spoiled as a fan but Janet was seriously gearing up for a HUGE era like most artists this year and the silence is just bugging me now. Something’s up n I wish she’d be like “Hey guys!!! Unfortunately the Black Diamond era will be put on hold for obvious global health reasons but thank you for all your love and support. We’re still in this together...again!” Something!!!! Meh!! Give us snippets, album details, teasers like before. The hype is dead now n she’s gonna have to work even harder to ramp up people’s excitement over her next project again. Idk...am I asking too much??? 🤔🤦🏾‍♂️😔

1. You're not selfish for wanting to enjoy music from your fav.

2. Janet isn't any of those other artists who I dont think has had a huge reception necessarily anyway. 

3. If you view the Black Diamond era as a project, its not any different from a ton of projects both musical and motion picture that have been pushed back. 

4. Janet's role, or principal in the business is to entertain, she can address the fans, or she could say stay safe and thank the healthcare workers as she has done. In this case it's best to not speak, let the situation handle the PR itself, Janet's been on the camera side saying "sorry u guys" enough :umm: Aint a good look sis -_- 

5. IMO, I am still very grateful that Black Diamond did not roll out beyond a title, she can save her album and tour ideas for a time when she can maximize her exposure and return on  reception/development/production/distribution.

.....in conclusion you're not selfish, but we ALL gone wait :filenails: also Janet has a child to care for, which is her first priority!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

U need to calm the hell down. Let the roll out happen when it does. They are waiting for the coast to clear. Stop anticipating and juss think logically....it will probably release towards the end of the year or the top of next.Yall always talk about yall want Janet to WIN but yall want her to release shit in the middle of all this mess? That makes no sense.  No sir, too many distractions. Ppl worried about how they gone feed their family next week not about no damn albums. We need to look at priorities here.   Chill da hell out. Let the dust settle. The album is coming. The world is not ending no time soon i dont think.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

U need to calm the hell down. Let the roll out happen when it does. They are waiting for the coast to clear. Stop anticipating and juss think logically....it will probably release towards the end of the year or the top of next.Yall always talk about yall want Janet to WIN but yall want her to release shit in the middle of all this mess? That makes no sense.  No sir, too many distractions. Ppl worried about how they gone feed their family next week not about no damn albums. We need to look at priorities here.   Chill da hell out. Let the dust settle. The album is coming. The world is not ending no time soon i dont think.

D7944EEC-9BF4-40A7-ACB6-BB87BB4B06F5.gif.a5f57192a504579419704e042bb50095.gif

I’m sorry daddy!!! 😫😭😭😭👍😏

I am grateful for the stuff we have gotten, Janet is active on social media on a semi-regular basis. Her team finally got high quality versions of her music videos out, there was also the release of professional quality footage of the Up Close and Personals tour ....come thru sis -_- 

6 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

D7944EEC-9BF4-40A7-ACB6-BB87BB4B06F5.gif.a5f57192a504579419704e042bb50095.gif

I’m sorry daddy!!! 😫😭😭😭👍😏

U juss drive me insane asking for that damn album EVERY SINGLE DAY 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. Janet half ass promotes her stuff when shit is normal can u imagine if she was to release sum shit during this time? That album would come and go without a trace in the sky. Or us hardly seeing Janet at all, juss the music.  We dont want that. We want to see her out and about when her music releases.

No, you are not being selfish in my opinion. She should definitely have addressed the tour postponement BEFORE Ticketmaster. I still have in fresh memory how she handled the cancellations of the Euro leg of the Unbreakable tour and I swore never to trust her again. I mean this in the sense that I won't believe anything until I see it happening and I won't spend extra money on her. The insta is showing videos from fans, but not speaking a word on this is disrespectful to fans, no matter which way you look at it. I still love her, but sometimes it just seems like she doesn't care.

14 minutes ago, bonsaibutterfly said:

No, you are not being selfish in my opinion. She should definitely have addressed the tour postponement BEFORE Ticketmaster. I still have in fresh memory how she handled the cancellations of the Euro leg of the Unbreakable tour and I swore never to trust her again. I mean this in the sense that I won't believe anything until I see it happening and I won't spend extra money on her. The insta is showing videos from fans, but not speaking a word on this is disrespectful to fans, no matter which way you look at it. I still love her, but sometimes it just seems like she doesn't care.

Lord I know...that still leaves a bad taste in my mouth (though I did see Unbreakable abroad). This is a pretty different situation in that its not about her, moreso the current climate. Have any other artists announced cancellations this time round though or have the promoters being doing it?

13 hours ago, EphraimAdamz said:

Janet has grown to become unpredictable over the years and I've grown to enjoy it. Up Close and Personal tour leaked magically. I'm sure it's not a coincidence. Patience and more treats will come

Same it really feels like she has the ultimate say and control of her career

You're not selfish, you just want Janet to release music and so do I. I also want the promotion to be GOOD and I want music videos AND the world tour. Taking this all into consideration, it would be best for her to not release the album now but like around Christmas or early next year. 

We've already waited 4+ years for Unbreakable's follow up, we can wait another year. 💁🏻‍♂️ In the mean time, I enjoy myself by listening to the new Lady Gaga album. 😃

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jakob said:

You're not selfish, you just want Janet to release music and so do I. I also want the promotion to be GOOD and I want music videos AND the world tour. Taking this all into consideration, it would be best for her to not release the album now but like around Christmas or early next year. 

We've already waited 4+ years for Unbreakable's follow up, we can wait another year. 💁🏻‍♂️ In the mean time, I enjoy myself by listening to the new Lady Gaga album. 😃

Ur right n yassss Chromatica is awesome!!! 😱❤️😭👍

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

Ur right n yassss Chromatica is awesome!!! 😱❤️😭👍

sadly, and maybe crazy of me, but I'm still in quarantine and stay at home orders -_-  which means I haven't heard her -_- 

I'll hear Gaga some other time  :coffee:  what does make me want to listen are the reports its her best album in a very long time, but Gaga fans tend to do that -_- 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 11:47 PM, Bailey said:

sadly, and maybe crazy of me, but I'm still in quarantine and stay at home orders -_-  which means I haven't heard her -_- 

I'll hear Gaga some other time  :coffee:  what does make me want to listen are the reports its her best album in a very long time, but Gaga fans tend to do that -_- 

I’ve been a fan of Gaga from the beginning and did not care for Artpop and Joanne.  This one is FULL of straight up bangers, though, if you’re a fan of true dance/house music.  Think of it as her Confessions on a Dance Floor.  It blasts off right out of the gate and never slows down.  

She  may have actually benefitted from pulling the project until this is all over because the music practically commands a dance floor.  It’s nice entertainment while we are all bored to death though.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JJATL said:

I’ve been a fan of Gaga from the beginning and did not care for Artpop and Joanne.  This one is FULL of straight up bangers, though, if you’re a fan of true dance/house music.  Think of it as her Confessions on a Dance Floor.  It blasts off right out of the gate and never slows down.  

She  may have actually benefitted from pulling the project until this is all over because the music practically commands a dance floor.  It’s nice entertainment while we are all bored to death though.  

7 hours ago, JJATL said:

now that's an endorsement -_- ...chile I gotta warm up to do new Gaga, let's start with "Just Dance" a banger itself. 

It's just unfortunate that Gaga can't promote the album (and upcoming singles) anymore. Her Summer tour will be cancelled and I doubt if it will be rescheduled. She had the luck she already shot two music videos before the pandemic. That's why it's best for Janet to wait til at least late 2020. 

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, EphraimAdamz said:

I just wonder if the album will be reworked to reflect all the current events with 2020. I'm here for a RN meets Velvet Rope album

I can see Janet doing a special deluxe version with songs inspired by this year and releasing it at fall 2020 or early 2021! 😳😱

hi everyone, I hope my English is not so bad. Coming back to the subject, I'm not an egoist but I sometimes wonder if Janet is not a little on her side. She does nothing to arouse curiosity around her new record, and her future shows. It gives the impression of making fun of it. And I don't like what happened to her Instagram.I love her but find it boring

8 hours ago, kcho said:

hi everyone, I hope my English is not so bad. Coming back to the subject, I'm not an egoist but I sometimes wonder if Janet is not a little on her side. She does nothing to arouse curiosity around her new record, and her future shows. It gives the impression of making fun of it. And I don't like what happened to her Instagram.I love her but find it boring

As a long time hard core fan, I can try to tell you somethings as I believe them to be and if you add them up it all makes sense:

1. Janet is a mother, that's her first priority.

2. Janet's a great legend act and she's done more than many will ever do, having said that her best days are past her now.

3. Some Janet fans truly expect these long drawn out album promo campaigns with 4 music videos and singles. Refer to #2 :filenails:

4. Did you know there was a global pandemic? :unsure: That thing stopped a ton of projects in progress. For example, Janet was making the rounds early this year, she did The View, Jimmy Fallon, announced a new tour with a new album. I don't think Janet's NOT doing when she can be bothered. Speaking of when you've done as much as Janet you've earned the right to do it on your time. 

5. So much got cancelled and pushed back, I saw Wonder Woman promo Doritos bags at Walmart, problem there is WW2 didn't happen :filenails: yesterday I was at the store and looked at the Sunday paper, it was thin as hell, Sunday Newspapers are usually bulky with ads etc. I was told by someone they dont even have a TV guide in them anymore because new shows aren't being rolled out. 

• Like 2