Can you guys help me with something?

Selz

So I’m on Twitter arguing against Trump calling the Minneapolis rioters ‘thugs’ - I’m getting a lot of likes but also some people keep posting this - Obama calls Baltimore rioters ‘criminals and thugs’ .  Currently I have no answer for this because I didn’t know about it prior - but I want to be educated. Did he actually say that and what do you think about it? 

I’ve known most of you for years, and you me - so I trust you and your opinions. I’m trying to use my privilege to speak up for people of colour but I still need educating.

ughh, this whole thing, race, starts with being a human being first. Okay, as you are, so dont apologize for being born who you are you have zero control over that. I have disengaged with social media, because I dont want to go back and forth, but intellectually speaking, I could, the problem for all of us is it doesn't matter what you say, people believe what they do and you will not be changing that on a Twitter or whatever. 

Stay strong in what you know to be right, stay open to hearing others, but vigilant in your own constitution. Today we don't respect one another, we certainly dont hear one another, why? We have so much to say. You learn more listening. :filenails:  

Treat others as you would want to be treated, be mindful that although your world, and its immediate environment, may be "familiar" to you, the globe transpires against that narrative. See the globe as it is, and despite that, still treat others as you would have them treat you, it is not weakness, it is strength to stand for what you believe to be honest in your actions

Because you are "white" does not make you guilty of a crime anymore than being "black" makes me guilty of a crime. 

We all have some sense of right and wrong, and to this I speak..... an injustice anywhere is a treat to justice everywhere, when you see sum shit, speak up. I have seen the video three times now, and the only thing that moves me more than wrong, is right, the bystanders said this aint right and that shit got broadcast to the whole planet to do the same thing

Thanks Bailey. My eyes are being opened to the people I know too, not saying anything... you know how you can see who views your stories on IG and FB, well it’s always the same people on mine and 98% of them are still silent. I’m trying not to judge because they may have reasons - but it’s illuminating. There’s loads of big brand companies speaking out, but do their ‘insides’ match their ‘outsides’ or are they just doing it to be ‘seen’? But I also hear you that maybe some are just listening for now - the problem is that while they’re listening POC are dying.

Jessie J’s stories are very telling right now, she is hollering at celebs and influencers who are showing that their aesthetic is more important to them than this issue. We need more. 

In the meantime I’m trying to do whatever I can. I’m standing with you.

I’ll admit it: I was pissed when Obama said it. I do think when it came to race relations he had a fine line to walk but he did disappoint me at times when it came to race. It’s why I think there are some chinks in his armor with younger Black Millennials and Gen Z because at times he played it too safe with a group of people that were never going to accept him. 

• Upvote 1