JANET: Live In Hawaii (1080p HD UPCALE)

feehgarcia

Hey guys! Long time no see, huh?

So... During this social isolation days, many fans from many artists are descovering HD UPSCALING tools.
If you look online, you'll find entire videographies and tour releases uspcalled to HD from artists such as Michael, Kylie, Madonna...

It's a way too make older SD footage look a bit better on current devices and TVs. It's not the same as having the original film converted or scaned to HD formats, but its better the 480p footage off DVDs.

I used A LOT of my free time to try upscaling Janet's Live In Hawaii DVD and here's the result. Like we all know (no idea why tho) the Hawaii DVD quality SUCKS. I have no fucking idea what her team did with this, but both sound editing and video quality are not that good... The Velvet Rope DVD and VHS are 4 years older and look so much better! Anyway... This is is best result I could acheive upscaling the DVD .vob files.

Hope you guys like it! And if you enjoy it, I can try upscaling the TVR tour next. :)  

FULL PLAYLIST: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmd6E3sBg_iSDGT_nDhe05IT-R32pYG_E

IbPWOlM.png

rEQLcuf.png

VFZ9x64.png

• Like 3

14 hours ago, jinthahouse said:

Please do Rockwitu Next

I wish... But the upscaling only works if you have a good source material.
I can try, but that LQ leak we have won't look so good 😕 that was compressed and recompressed a few times.
If we could find who owns the original files and leaked it in the first place, maybe it would work better!

• Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 8:24 AM, feehgarcia said:

I wish... But the upscaling only works if you have a good source material.
I can try, but that LQ leak we have won't look so good 😕 that was compressed and recompressed a few times.
If we could find who owns the original files and leaked it in the first place, maybe it would work better!

thank you so much for cleaning the show up, I hadn't watched it in sooooo long it's nice to see that show again :wub: