Janet... You and your teammmm babygirl needs to do better..why is Mariah??

janetDAYZ

I say this becus its more than evident at this stage the way Mariah and her team handle her status as a legacy act is unmatched and in turn Mariah has not only the respect of the older audience but also of the young generation becus her team has a way of keep Mariah visible in a way that makes everyone knowledgeable of Mariah's achievements, success and records that she has broken and still holds. So this makes Mariah name thrive and sustain through this new culture of social media junkies. For instance w/ the Verzuz Battle..Mariah's name keeps coming up and everyone is saying "Only Mariah can go against herself cus no one has as many hits as her" and WE as Janet fans know only JANET could easily go up against her cus Janet is the only other legend today (besides Madonna) that is packed with hits for days n days but its interesting that no one is bringing Janet's name up to go against Mariah becus its almost like ppl arent either knowledgeable of how lengthy janets catalog is and/or they janet juss isnt fresh on nobodies mind cus she is so tucked away. I juss wish Janet's team would kinda push Janet's legacy more cus its kinda getting lost in the shuffle. Hell, you even had SwizzBeats acting like he didnt realize how monstrous Janets catalog was..and he is KNEE DEEP IN THE INDUSTRY!!!!!!!!! ..like what??????!😐 but yeah....something clicking. Even that 18yo boy who went viral and was talking about how Janet is one of the best selling, biggest pop stars of all time but no one from his generation can name a Janet Jackson song. This is disturbing to me..her legacy is not being handled well. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, janetDAYZ said:

I say this becus its more than evident at this stage the way Mariah and her team handle her status as a legacy act is unmatched and in turn Mariah has not only the respect of the older audience but also of the young generation becus her team has a way of keep Mariah visible in a way that makes everyone knowledgeable of Mariah's achievements, success and records that she has broken and still holds. So this makes Mariah name thrive and sustain through this new culture of social media junkies. For instance w/ the Verzuz Battle..Mariah's name keeps coming up and everyone is saying "Only Mariah can go against herself cus no one has as many hits as her" and WE as Janet fans know only JANET could easily go up against her cus Janet is the only other legend today (besides Madonna) that is packed with hits for days n days but its interesting that no one is bringing Janet's name up to go against Mariah becus its almost like ppl arent either knowledgeable of how lengthy janets catalog is and/or they janet juss isnt fresh on nobodies mind cus she is so tucked away. I juss wish Janet's team would kinda push Janet's legacy more cus its kinda getting lost in the shuffle. Hell, you even had SwizzBeats acting like he didnt realize how monstrous Janets catalog was..and he is KNEE DEEP IN THE INDUSTRY!!!!!!!!! ..like what??????!😐 but yeah....something clicking. Even that 18yo boy who went viral and was talking about how Janet is one of the best selling, biggest pop stars of all time but no one from his generation can name a Janet Jackson song. This is disturbing to me..her legacy is not being handled well. 

So damn sad to hear. I'm tweeting about it right now and i'ma @Jimmy. I hope he dont get mad but it's the truth. I remember that video about that 18yo boy. I need to know where it is cause i'ma tweet it and tag both Jimmy and Janet.

3 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

So damn sad to hear. I'm tweeting about it right now and i'ma @Jimmy. I hope he dont get mad but it's the truth. I remember that video about that 18yo boy. I need to know where it is cause i'ma tweet it and tag both Jimmy and Janet.

Im sure Jimmy feels the same as we do to an extent but would still back Janet up juss becus he such a ride-or-die her. So he would never admit if he felt the same way as her fans do....ever 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Im sure Jimmy feels the same as we do to an extent but would still back Janet up juss becus he such a ride-or-die her. So he would never admit if he felt the same way as her fans do....ever 

Yeah I know Jimmy feel it sometimes too. Look what I just found out Sade doing for her fans. Releasing a box set. How long has it been since we've been trying to get the RN and janet. tour on dvd? 

Janet was always someone who more or less doesn't want to be bothered when she's isn't doing project. Problem is that it doesn't translate in this day and age. I just don't think it's fair that it means she has little regard to her fans, she might value her privacy more. There's also some obtuseness over what's exactly is going on.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

Yeah I know Jimmy feel it sometimes too. Look what I just found out Sade doing for her fans. Releasing a box set. How long has it been since we've been trying to get the RN and janet. tour on dvd? 

Yeah i seen that and was SHOCKED CUS Sade has been gone for 12 years and juss outta nowhere..this?!

2 hours ago, Illi said:

Janet was always someone who more or less doesn't want to be bothered when she's isn't doing project. Problem is that it doesn't translate in this day and age. I just don't think it's fair that it means she has little regard to her fans, she might value her privacy more. There's also some obtuseness over what's exactly is going on.

To me its not even about giving the fans something...im more concerned with her LEGACY ...its falling to the wayside becus its not enough effort from her or her team to support her status as a legacy artist. It should be young ppl knowing janets music the way they know Michael jackson and Mariah's.  Mariah is doing what needs to be done as a legacy artist...janet is juss not. Aretha was way before my time but i know Aretha songs. Why does this young generation not know Janet songs? See how their is a disconnect? Her legacy should spill over into other generations like her peers and its not.

46 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

To me its not even about giving the fans something...im more concerned with her LEGACY ...its falling to the wayside becus its not enough effort from her or her team to support her status as a legacy artist. It should be young ppl knowing janets music the way they know Michael jackson and Mariah's.  Mariah is doing what needs to be done as a legacy artist...janet is juss not. Aretha was way before my time but i know Aretha songs. Why does this young generation not know Janet songs? See how their is a disconnect? Her legacy should spill over into other generations like her peers and its not.

Michael's legacy is just inherently more resilient and now that he isn't here, it benefits from an estate that sees monetary gain in maintaining it. 

Mariah was always more extroverted and social media the age of easier access to celebrities supplement that.

It would be nice that Janet wasn't so detached but that's something the she needs to work on for herself. It makes you wonder if she actually liked being a public figure.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Illi said:

Michael's legacy is just inherently more resilient and now that he isn't here, it benefits from an estate that sees monetary gain in maintaining it. 

Mariah was always more extroverted and social media the age of easier access to celebrities supplement that.

It would be nice that Janet wasn't so detached but that's something the she needs to work on for herself. It makes you wonder if she actually liked being a public figure.

I thought it was evident she didnt :lol:

Nothing about Janet screams "i want to be the centre of attention". I mean she didnt want to be a singer until Joe made it known otherwise.  She might enjoy performing but I think she tolerates fame.

Re.social media presence, do other big legacy acts like Cher/Streisand/Dion/Turner engage in it? Is there an expectation because her immediate peer group (Donna, Carey) do so?

I cant lie, I did get frustrated by the lack of communication/failure to materialise on projects. Even if she doenst do it, get a team that can engage. However, at this stage ive reduced my standom to just absorbing music whenever it comes, nothing else.

• Upvote 1

I actually know 2 ppl close to Janet's camp..

And i recently asked them individually what is goin on behind the scenes. The first person (who is a background singer to the stars and is friends with ppl in Janet's camp) said before the virus hit that Janet was INDEED working on a documentary and it was to include a never-before-seen kind of prep for the Black Diamond World Tour - rehearsals, the sessions for the new music + all the historic stuff. A lot of it was going to be filmed in real time. He said he didnt know how far they had gotten before the pandemic but her rollout was about to be colossal. He said he kept prying for info over time cus they were tryna keep it top top secret and they had finally gave him those tid bits. 

The other guy who is a janet stan and is cool wit Janet's camp exclusively said he and other friends had been contacting Janet's team to try and get them to do more and push her legacy more..and he said her team was juss not that interested becus Janet doesnt seem to be worried about it. He said the team pretty much didnt feel Janet is involved and hands on in wanting to ravish in her legacy. So he said he and his friends had finally gave up wit tryna talk to Janets ppl and get them to do more becus no one in her camp isnt motivated cus Janet simply doesnt care. So idk what is goin on with Janet its almost like she a completely different person these days. 

On 9/3/2020 at 3:47 PM, vibeology said:

ive never really understood why that was so important to some.

The reason its important to ppl is becus Janet for most of her career has always been UNDERRATED to a certain degree and we ALL know this. I think when we have factual stats and accomplishments it supports the argument of why Janet DOES belong in some of the conversations of the BIGGEST POP ACTS EVER..cus even tho WE know she is one the most influential and biggest the general public doesnt quite know that and thats why she has had this underrated umbrella over her head for a long time. I have literally seen articles talk about MJ, Madonn, Whitney etc...and Janet's name NOWHERE to be found..as if she didnt make as much of an impact and its boggling to me. So yes..certifications and all of that matters in Janet's case. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Why does this young generation not know Janet songs? See how their is a disconnect?

Cause radio and tv are not playing her music (videos)... And that does not only happen in the US. When I was a teen (around 2006-2014) I don't remember seeing Janets music on tv or hearing it on the radio. Yet, radio and tv WERE playing Mariah Carey... 

23 minutes ago, Jakob said:

Cause radio and tv are not playing her music (videos)... And that does not only happen in the US. When I was a teen (around 2006-2014) I don't remember seeing Janets music on tv or hearing it on the radio. Yet, radio and tv WERE playing Mariah Carey... 

By that time the SB had affected her on a global scale. Janet use to be one most played artists on the radio and the most visible on mtv. .then after the sb..it got real quiet and then she became older and older acts rarely get played on pop stations...janet had alot of odds against her but she isnt doin enough on her end to sustain her legacy at this point. Then when she got married and had went on her hiatus for 7 years that didnt help cus that was during the rise of social media. Janet was late to the party.  Its alot of factors

53 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

I actually know 2 ppl close to Janet's camp..

And i recently asked them individually what is goin on behind the scenes. The first person (who is a background singer to the stars and is friends with ppl in Janet's camp) said before the virus hit that Janet was INDEED working on a documentary and it was to include a never-before-seen kind of prep for the Black Diamond World Tour - rehearsals, the sessions for the new music + all the historic stuff. A lot of it was going to be filmed in real time. He said he didnt know how far they had gotten before the pandemic but her rollout was about to be colossal. He said he kept prying for info over time cus they were tryna keep it top top secret and they had finally gave him those tid bits. 

The other guy who is a janet stan and is cool wit Janet's camp exclusively said he and other friends had been contacting Janet's team to try and get them to do more and push her legacy more..and he said her team was juss not that interested becus Janet doesnt seem to be worried about it. He said the team pretty much didnt feel Janet is involved and hands on in wanting to ravish in her legacy. So he said he and his friends had finally gave up wit tryna talk to Janets ppl and get them to do more becus no one in her camp isnt motivated cus Janet simply doesnt care. So idk what is goin on with Janet its almost like she a completely different person these days. 

When has she ever cared about the extra shit? The amount of love/support she does clearly received for years is enough for her. I guess she feels her legacy is cemented. She has never cared about figures and she always looks embarrassed when accomplishments are brought up. In saying that, though im not an expert, it would probably require limited effort to set these things in motion.

48 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

The reason its important to ppl is becus Janet for most of her career has always been UNRATED to a certain degree and we ALL know this. I think when we have factual stats and accomplishments it supports the argument of why Janet DOES belong in some of the conversations of the BIGGEST POP ACTS EVER..cus even tho WE know she is one the most influential and biggest the general public doesnt quite know that and thats why she has had this unrated umbrella over her head for a long time. I have literally seen articles talk about MJ, Madonna, Whitney etc...and Janet's name NOWHERE to be found..as if she didnt make as much of an impact and its boggling to me. So yes..certifications and all of that matters in Janet's case. 

I hear you but also get why she has no interest. Im sure she has said more times than once that when a project is done, its done! She isnt looking back, focusing on what she sold. Its like ok, whats next and i hope they enjoy it. I mean it took her long enough to perform unreleased songs on tour because fans wanted it...so maybe one day she might do it for the fans.

8 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

I said the same thing and some fans are blaming it on her being blacklisted trying to say she was blacklisted for 10yrs. I had to correct them that she was blacklisted for about 5yrs. LA Reid got her back in good standings with MTV during the Discipline album and radio stations started playing "Feedback". This was in 2008 so yeah it wasn't 10yrs

10 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

but guys also take into account that the blacklisting had an effect on her songs being on mainstream radio. This is why she had a number one like When I Think Of You or All For You and it doesn't get the radio playback today like a La Isla Bonita or I Will Always Love You

s

2 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

I said the same thing and some fans are blaming it on her being blacklisted trying to say she was blacklisted for 10yrs. I had to correct them that she was blacklisted for about 5yrs. LA Reid got her back in good standings with MTV during the Discipline album and radio stations started playing "Feedback". This was in 2008 so yeah it wasn't 10yrs

so how about the rest of Viacom like VH1

8 hours ago, J. said:

There’s simple things that don’t involve much that she doesn’t care about doing....YouTube....certifications...etc

Nah, I place the certification problem mostly on her label(s). That seems to be a major issue with other albums on those labels, especially Virgin.

4 hours ago, vibeology said:

When has she ever cared about the extra shit? The amount of love/support she does clearly received for years is enough for her. I guess she feels her legacy is cemented. She has never cared about figures and she always looks embarrassed when accomplishments are brought up. In saying that, though im not an expert, it would probably require limited effort to set these things in motion.

I hear you but also get why she has no interest. Im sure she has said more times than once that when a project is done, its done! She isnt looking back, focusing on what she sold. Its like ok, whats next and i hope they enjoy it. I mean it took her long enough to perform unreleased songs on tour because fans wanted it...so maybe one day she might do it for the fans.

Dont be fooled despite Janet being bashful about her accomplishments she has ALWAYS cared about album sales & figures hence to her always saying "Im extremely competitive with everyone including my brother" ...and she also told oprah she wanted to outsell "Thriller". Janet didnt care as much once she got past her prime understandably. I think her being honored with artist achievement awards give her a false sense of her legacy flourishing but thats only through the scope of the industry..what about the streets? Kids hear about Janet being a legend but they dont know what for cus they arent familiar wit alot her work. Her and Mariah are playing the legacy game differently. But hey, thats all janet. If she thinks her legacy will thrive on...coo..but i dont want her to be one of those forgotten icons once she passes..thats my only cconcern.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

i think its a combination between her being blacklisted (cus she wasnt on the radio or seen on tv) for a good chunk of years and the when she went on her 7 year hiatus after she got married. So in total that was ALOT of years that Janet was not seen or heard..so thats alot of time missed out on being reintroduced to a younger demographic. Janet missed the rise of social media really thriving.. So i think those reasons are why there is a disconnect of the younger folks not being to familiar wit her work becus of the blacklisted thing and her disappearing after her marriage. Meanwhile Mariah and her team was knee deep in the social media game..and janet is still playing catch up

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1