Janet... You and your teammmm babygirl needs to do better..why is Mariah??

janetDAYZ

5 hours ago, jinthahouse said:

This was disrespectful imagine they believed that the bulk of the singles Beyonce had that she had listed were hits and said that she won an oscar. Most of them songs didnt even chart😂😂😂 Meanwhile they bash Janet not having a catelog enough for her

That was Eva's America's Next Failed Model who said that shit about Beyonce being bigger than Janet. I'ma go tweet that hoe!

this is not good, I read this thread, and a lot of posts I thought ...damn we don't fuck with each other like this but everyone on the same page, not a good look sis -_- , that ish is a good argument. I just think Janet's a mom and shit/priorities is different. As she grows, I would think she would want us to grow too. At my age as a fan, there are bigger things going on than worrying about Janet's stats and how the public sees her. I think she's over that shit, and to her credit she's given us 40 years of entertainment in some fashion, born into the shit :umm:  I believe entertainment shit aint cute, and she knows, and aint fucking wit us like dat. Mariah lives for it -_- bitch you know her fuck dat :filenails: 

20 hours ago, Mr. Wonder said:

Her social media posts, namely Twitter and IG, are just embarrassing. I've had to mute her on Twitter because her posts are just annoying at this point, and whoever is running her account is not doing her any favors. It's been ten years and she still hasn't properly adapted to social media, and will continue to get left in the dust if she doesn't. With new music coming out, now would be the time to be promoting herself, but the team would rather give 15 mins of fame to random ppl. She's really useless on social media. Like why are you here if you're gonna be boring? 

I'm old, and we dont give a fuck about social media, I back from it, like get me outta here....Gil told us, Janet didnt care about socials before she was on them, and maybe she still dont. She aint in that game, but she still a queen, she's our queen I will love her no matter -_- 

6 hours ago, Mr. Wonder said:

This is exactly what everybody is talking about.

Like girl....

I honestly love this video but she’s got to have more engaging captions and promote herself. I admittedly don’t pay too much attention to her Sunday motivation messages, because... she can do better. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/5/2020 at 6:55 AM, Jakob said:

She has a kid to raise, and like someone else stated here as well, Janet is aware that her legacy is already cemented. I just can't wait for this whole Corona-fiasco to be over, so we can get a properly promoted Black Diamond era.

Sorry I don't buy that "having kids" stuff as an excuse. Tons of Legends have kids and still make sure they're legacy is never forgotten. Janet's legacy is cemented for sure but we don't need it barely hanging on by elmer's glue. She's for sure cemented here in America but there's so many overseas who say they haven't heard of her or don't know her work. That's not being cemented

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Angela said:

I honestly love this video but she’s got to have more engaging captions and promote herself. I admittedly don’t pay too much attention to her Sunday motivation messages, because... she can do better. 

I stopped watching her IG stories cause I know it's gonna be something i'm not interested in and I know it's not her who's doing those stories

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jakob said:

the Blackstreet Boys never faced a big boycott, so selling tickets over here is much easier for them. Janets fans buy tickets, but they only fill up like 30% of a venue. The other tickets are bought by people that aren't necessarily fans, but they enjoy her and her music (because they hear it on the radio and see her on tv). It's much harder for Jan to sell those tickets, but for Black Diamond it seemed like she was really aiming at good promotion (for Unbreakable, there was no promo whatsoever). A couple of televised interviews in Europe will do. 💁🏻‍♂️

The BSB are constantly doing solid and smart social media. They have a great and motivated team behind them and it shows.

Unlike Janet, they don't have a bad reputation as a touring artist with constant cancellations and missing refunds. Yes, the boycotts and superbowls can be blamed for part of the negativity but not all. It's easy to put the blame on "others" instead of admitting that Janet herself has a lot to do with it. She just doesn't care the way we would want her to. 

I don't think she has the magnetism anymore to fill in stadiums in Europe just by giving a few tv interviews. Maybe in Holland and UK but in the rest of them I don't think so.

When it comes to Mariah, she also has a great social media. It's always fresh and stylish. She's motivated too, soon releasing a biography and constantly doing promotion. She has two kids as well but it doesn't seem to stop her.

• Upvote 1

On 9/6/2020 at 1:15 AM, Mr. Wonder said:

Her social media posts, namely Twitter and IG, are just embarrassing. I've had to mute her on Twitter because her posts are just annoying at this point, and whoever is running her account is not doing her any favors. It's been ten years and she still hasn't properly adapted to social media, and will continue to get left in the dust if she doesn't. With new music coming out, now would be the time to be promoting herself, but the team would rather give 15 mins of fame to random ppl. She's really useless on social media. Like why are you here if you're gonna be boring? 

she and her team seem to think that posting useless fluff a couple times a day counts as engagement fnfnfn fnfnfn 

Most of the other 90’s women have managed to make the transition, but she doesn’t care so it won’t happen 

• Upvote 1

On 9/5/2020 at 11:15 PM, Mr. Wonder said:

This! Everytime I get a notification that says Janet Jackson tweet when I click on it I end up doing this🙄

• Upvote 1

On 9/5/2020 at 5:10 PM, Jakob said:

It was on top of her website, LOL. It said "European and other world dates soon to be announced". 

And how many times have we seen janet switch shit up or change something abruptly? Lol like i love Janet but i dont fully trust her cus shes always unpredictable. Janet could plan to start the first leg in tokyo and a wk before the first show the first leg would get scrapped like it never was on the list lol 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

Sorry I don't buy that "having kids" stuff as an excuse. Tons of Legends have kids and still make sure they're legacy is never forgotten. Janet's legacy is cemented for sure but we don't need it barely hanging on by elmer's glue. She's for sure cemented here in America but there's so many overseas who say they haven't heard of her or don't know her work. That's not being cemented

Im telling yall Janet getting all those Lifetime Achievement awards gives her this false sense of her legacy flourishing. Shes not truly lifting the wool off her eyes. Kids should know WHY janet is a legend...not juss hear about it. Not to mention the views for Janets videos on youtube is dramatically lower than her peers.. Her not handling her youtube shit back when it really mattered is another missed opportunity. She's always late to the party. Like why arent the ppl in her team not keeping her up on stuff...its weird. Is nobody paying attention to anything? 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Jakob said:

Thanks haha. As usual, artists don't announce all the dates right away. The European dates were probably just weeks away. She also said it on Fallon: "These are just the States" (talking about the world tour).

Then you know what...state your European dates FIRST or at least together with the US dates cuz it now just feels like we are constantly being led on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, vibeology said:

Then you know what...state your European dates FIRST or at least together with the US dates cuz it now just feels like we are constantly being led on.

This is so true. The European dates should have been announced and not used as a sort of an allurement. I don't buy the pandemic excuse either, I mean the fans should have at least been informed what was in the plans.

Not entirely blaming her though, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of contractual agreement that the Euro dates can't be announced until she's managed to successfully fulfill the US dates (knowing her history with the cancelled tours and dates).

6 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Im telling yall Janet getting all those Lifetime Achievement awards gives her this false sense of her legacy flourishing. Shes not truly lifting the wool off her eyes. Kids should know WHY janet is a legend...not juss hear about it. Not to mention the views for Janets videos on youtube is dramatically lower than her peers.. Her not handling her youtube shit back when it really mattered is another missed opportunity. She's always late to the party. Like why arent the ppl in her team not keeping her up on stuff...its weird. Is nobody paying attention to anything? 

Yeah I remembered when she finally got on IG waaaaaay after everybody else. Mariah got 9.5 million and Madonnasaur got 15 million cause she's always trying to stay young and relevant. Janet is at 5 which is ok considering how late she joined. Shit like that Rickey Smiley interview about Janet going head to head against Beyonce in a vs battle would've never went that way with most of them doubting Janet had enough hits to go against Beyonce if Janet was truly cemented. There would've been no doubt in anyone's head cause Janet truly does have more hits and no.1s than Beyonce.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

I stopped watching her IG stories cause I know it's gonna be something i'm not interested in and I know it's not her who's doing those stories

I rarely watched her stories or anybody else’s really. Her last tweet had over 32k likes because that dance went viral earlier in the summer and that song has been played all over Africa this summer. It’s a very popular song. It’d be awesome if she actually did the dance to draw more attention to it. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Angela said:

I rarely watched her stories or anybody else’s really. Her last tweet had over 32k likes because that dance went viral earlier in the summer and that song has been played all over Africa this summer. It’s a very popular song. It’d be awesome if she actually did the dance to draw more attention to it. 

Oh really? I have feeling she will do it just like she did the popular african dance as the throb breakdown. I haven't heard this new african song but I might give it a listen. I hope Janet will be able to teach Eissa about his people's origins of Africa when he's capable of comprehending that kind of stuff. She'll be 60 when he's 10.

1 minute ago, JoeJoe said:

Oh really? I have feeling she will do it just like she did the popular african dance as the throb breakdown. I haven't heard this new african song but I might give it a listen. I hope Janet will be able to teach Eissa about his people's origins of Africa when he's capable of comprehending that kind of stuff. She'll be 60 when he's 10.

Yeah. Her last two popular tweets are people dancing to the song. It’s called “Jerusalema” by Master KG. I think the song has over 100 million views on YouTube now. It was released months ago and then started to really take and the dance went viral. I think she tagged the artist in her tweet

She seems to be in an Afrobeat kind of mood which in some ways I’m wondering if she’s hinting about her musical direction. 

And I too hope and believe that she will teach Eissa. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/7/2020 at 5:51 AM, JoeJoe said:

I think her priorities have changed. Once the album and its promotion is about to happen, she will start focussing on her career again. I know that we all want her (and her team) to work harder on spreading and establishing her legacy, but it is how it is. 

Her legacy is cemented worldwide. Okay, my generation doesn't really know her, but they will eventually. Maybe the Black Diamond promo will help with that. And older generations do know her music and still remember how big and influential she was. That hasn't changed.

19 hours ago, vibeology said:

Then you know what...state your European dates FIRST or at least together with the US dates cuz it now just feels like we are constantly being led on

Come on, we both know how everything's changed. It's not 1998 anymore. Velvet Rope kicked-off in Europe and was a tremendous success. Of course she could've announced European dates first, but it's tricky as well after so many years. Unless she would perform in smaller venues: stadiums is a bit too ambitious. I guess 5,000 to 15,000 seat venues would totally work for Janet over here. If her touring record would've been more consistent over the last 20 years, stadiums would've been possible. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jakob said:

I think her priorities have changed. Once the album and its promotion is about to happen, she will start focussing on her career again. I know that we all want her (and her team) to work harder on spreading and establishing her legacy, but it is how it is. 

Her legacy is cemented worldwide. Okay, my generation doesn't really know her, but they will eventually. Maybe the Black Diamond promo will help with that. And older generations do know her music and still remember how big and influential she was. That hasn't changed.

Come on, we both know how everything's changed. It's not 1998 anymore. Velvet Rope kicked-off in Europe and was a tremendous success. Of course she could've announced European dates first, but it's tricky as well after so many years. Unless she would perform in smaller venues: stadiums is a bit too ambitious. I guess 5,000 to 15,000 seat venues would totally work for Janet over here. If her touring record would've been more consistent over the last 20 years, stadiums would've been possible. 

I honestly wished she had done world cup halftime show for made for now. THAT WOULD'VE BEEN PERFECT

9 hours ago, Jakob said:

I hear what your saying and agree but you are either perform in Europe or not. Had they not established venues? Or your're thinking they wanted to see how the album sold? I mean that's a huge gap between 5000 and 15, 000 seat venues 😄

Every time I think about this, I just get sad. Janet has been dropping the ball since around 2002. Not touring worldwide for AFY because of 9/11 was the wrong choice. Not touring anywhere for the Damita Jo album was also a bad choice. That album should have gotten an international tour. She still doesn't have all her music videos uploaded onto YouTube in good quality. That should be an easy thing for her to get done.

I'm a younger fan; I've been Janet's billboard for most of my life. Growing up, I was always the one telling friends about Janet and educating them on her talent. People who are young have little familiarity with her because she doesn't interact. While I enjoy Janet's aloof persona, it does not excuse Janet's shortcomings.

She hasn't done a proper world tour since the Velvet Rope Tour over 20 years ago. That's not the 20+ Y.O. that we want to celebrate...

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, VelvetKnowledge1814 said:

Every time I think about this, I just get sad. Janet has been dropping the ball since around 2002. Not touring worldwide for AFY because of 9/11 was the wrong choice. Not touring anywhere for the Damita Jo album was also a bad choice. That album should have gotten an international tour. She still doesn't have all her music videos uploaded onto YouTube in good quality. That should be an easy thing for her to get done.

I'm a younger fan; I've been Janet's billboard for most of my life. Growing up, I was always the one telling friends about Janet and educating them on her talent. People who are young have little familiarity with her because she doesn't interact. While I enjoy Janet's aloof persona, it does not excuse Janet's shortcomings.

She hasn't done a proper world tour since the Velvet Rope Tour over 20 years ago. That's not the 20+ Y.O. that we want to celebrate...

It is sad! AFY was an amazing album and I'm so sad I didn't get to see the concert because the Euro tour was cancelled. The Damita Jo was full of great songs, it's an amazing album too. One can only imagine what the tour could have looked like!

I've personally seen enough RN tributes. It was cute but less is more. The next time she does something for the public, she needs to do something NEW.

I wish she would just shut down her social media for awhile, and then when it's time, bless us with some amazingness like she did with the Unbreakable album.

On 9/7/2020 at 10:32 AM, JoeJoe said:

Yeah I remembered when she finally got on IG waaaaaay after everybody else. Mariah got 9.5 million and Madonnasaur got 15 million cause she's always trying to stay young and relevant. Janet is at 5 which is ok considering how late she joined. Shit like that Rickey Smiley interview about Janet going head to head against Beyonce in a vs battle would've never went that way with most of them doubting Janet had enough hits to go against Beyonce if Janet was truly cemented. There would've been no doubt in anyone's head cause Janet truly does have more hits and no.1s than Beyonce.

Exactlyyyyyyyy Now if they said Beyonce vs Mariah....ppl would kinda be like..."oh shit...Mariah got a lot of hits..idk Beyonce" .... Thats my point...Mariah's team does a great job in letting the public kno WHO TF MARIAH IS AND WHAT SHE HAS ACHIEVED. Thats why it makes no sense that ppl dont kno janet has tons and tons of hits. If Mariah can thrive through the culture..janet aint got no damn excuse. Let these youngins kno why they should bow down

• Like 1