Janet... You and your teammmm babygirl needs to do better..why is Mariah??

janetDAYZ

5 hours ago, VelvetKnowledge1814 said:

Every time I think about this, I just get sad. Janet has been dropping the ball since around 2002. Not touring worldwide for AFY because of 9/11 was the wrong choice. Not touring anywhere for the Damita Jo album was also a bad choice. That album should have gotten an international tour. She still doesn't have all her music videos uploaded onto YouTube in good quality. That should be an easy thing for her to get done.

I'm a younger fan; I've been Janet's billboard for most of my life. Growing up, I was always the one telling friends about Janet and educating them on her talent. People who are young have little familiarity with her because she doesn't interact. While I enjoy Janet's aloof persona, it does not excuse Janet's shortcomings.

She hasn't done a proper world tour since the Velvet Rope Tour over 20 years ago. That's not the 20+ Y.O. that we want to celebrate...

Well that one wasnt exactly Janet's fault. Janet was gearing up to tour for DamitaJo but it basically fell through cus she couldnt get no sponsors to support the tour, she was blacklisted during that time. Nobody wanted to touch her. She was "poison" in the industry at that point. 

5 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Well that one wasnt exactly Janet's fault. Janet was gearing up to tour for DamitaJo but it basically fell through cus she couldnt get no sponsors to support the tour, she was blacklisted during that time. Nobody wanted to touch her. She was "poison" in the industry at that point. 

Wait i've never heard that before? Nobody would sponser her for that tour? Couldn't she have gotten one from overseas or something?

8 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Exactlyyyyyyyy Now if they said Beyonce vs Mariah....ppl would kinda be like..."oh shit...Mariah got a lot of hits..idk Beyonce" .... Thats my point...Mariah's team does a great job in letting the public kno WHO TF MARIAH IS AND WHAT SHE HAS ACHIEVED. Thats why it makes no sense that ppl dont kno janet has tons and tons of hits. If Mariah can thrive through the culture..janet aint got no damn excuse. Let these youngins kno why they should bow down

It reminds me today, I was talking to the decorator who has been in my house this week and he told me his name was Eissa! He was like it means Jesus, I was like " I know ☺️ do you know Janet Jackson? 

*blank face*

JANET JACKSON

*blank face*

Michael Jackson? Its his sister...

"oh :unsure: I think I've heard of her"

Granted, he's Afghani and probably around 27, but I would have hoped for some vague knowledge 😆

On 9/8/2020 at 10:55 PM, vibeology said:

I hear what your saying and agree but you are either perform in Europe or not. Had they not established venues? Or your're thinking they wanted to see how the album sold? I mean that's a huge gap between 5000 and 15, 000 seat venues 😄

They could go the Unbreakable-route. Release Euro-dates right after the album release. 10 to 15 shows all across Europe in venues with 5,000 to 15,000 seats. She has 6+ months to sell tickets, and some promo will definitely help. People KNOW she's an icon. And even if the shows don't sell out: no big deal. Mariah Carey's last show in Amsterdam only sold 3,000 tickets of the 15,000 available ones and there was no big deal about that at all.💁🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Jakob said:

They could go the Unbreakable-route. Release Euro-dates right after the album release. 10 to 15 shows all across Europe in venues with 5,000 to 15,000 seats. She has 6+ months to sell tickets, and some promo will definitely help. People KNOW she's an icon. And even if the shows don't sell out: no big deal. Mariah Carey's last show in Amsterdam only sold 3,000 tickets of the 15,000 available ones and there was no big deal about that at all.💁🏻‍♂️

How do u make a show that could work in a 5000 capacity and 15000 capacity venue? I've never heard of an artist doing that?

On 9/9/2020 at 1:06 PM, vibeology said:

It reminds me today, I was talking to the decorator who has been in my house this week and he told me his name was Eissa! He was like it means Jesus, I was like " I know ☺️ do you know Janet Jackson? 

*blank face*

JANET JACKSON

*blank face*

Granted, he's Afghani and probably around 27, but I would have hoped for some vague knowledge 😆

that's sad to hear😞

On 9/9/2020 at 11:59 AM, JoeJoe said:

Wait i've never heard that before? Nobody would sponser her for that tour? Couldn't she have gotten one from overseas or something?

Overseas sponsors wasnt gonna risk dealing with janet. On a global scale doin business with janet was juss not smart for anyone. NO ONE was gonna touch her. You dont remember the story of them being in DamitaJo tour rehearsals and and janet had to come and break the news to the dancers that there wont be tour and everybody broke down? Gil had pretty much told the story and he was the one saying janet couldnt get the support. 

On 9/9/2020 at 3:06 PM, vibeology said:

*blank face*

JANET JACKSON

*blank face*

Tf?????????????? Are u serious?????????? 

Overseas sponsors wasnt gonna risk dealing with janet. On a global scale doin business with janet was juss not smart for anyone. NO ONE was gonna touch her. You dont remember the story of them being in DamitaJo tour rehearsals and and janet had to come and break the news to the dancers that there wont be tour and everybody broke down? Gil had pretty much told the story and he was the one saying janet couldnt get the support. 

•  

nope never heard that story. That had to suck. Idk why oversea sponsors wouldn't deal with her. I thought it wasn't a big deal to them, only in America it was

On 9/11/2020 at 1:16 AM, vibeology said:

How do u make a show that could work in a 5000 capacity and 15000 capacity venue? I've never heard of an artist doing that?

How is that an issue? Didn't Janet perform in some small and some bigger venues with SOTW? Other artists with big staging also do it, and it works for them. 💁🏻‍♂️

On 9/11/2020 at 9:17 PM, JoeJoe said:

nope never heard that story. That had to suck. Idk why oversea sponsors wouldn't deal with her. I thought it wasn't a big deal to them, only in America it was

Joe, u have got to think about it from a business stand point. Whether to them if the sb was a big deal or not.. has nothing to do with the business moves you make. No one seen Janet as profitable since her career was falling apart...so no one is gonna invest in you if they dont see a benefit for themselves. Sponsors are not gonna support a tour they think will fail becus her career was on thin ice at that point,. Its about business and not personal in that industry. And its understandable

9 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Joe, u have got to think about it from a business stand point. Whether to them if the sb was a big deal or not.. has nothing to do with the business moves you make. No one seen Janet as profitable since her career was falling apart...so no one is gonna invest in you if they dont see a benefit for themselves. Sponsors are not gonna support a tour they think will fail becus her career was on thin ice at that point,. Its about business and not personal in that industry. And its understandable

her career was only falling apart in America not overseas. She could've toured. Ryan Seacrest, thousands showed up for her performance. With all that controversy she still would've been a huge draw concert wise.

On 9/12/2020 at 8:05 PM, Jakob said:

How is that an issue? Didn't Janet perform in some small and some bigger venues with SOTW? Other artists with big staging also do it, and it works for them. 💁🏻‍♂️

I thought the stage tended to be smaller in smaller venues. I think of the venues I work at here in the UK. Imagine having a  Metamorphosis or RWU show and trying to squeeze it into a theatre throughout your tour. Im not an an expert but sounds costly and a logistical nightmare

2 hours ago, vibeology said:

I thought the stage tended to be smaller in smaller venues. I think of the venues I work at here in the UK. Imagine having a  Metamorphosis or RWU show and trying to squeeze it into a theatre throughout your tour. Im not an an expert but sounds costly and a logistical nightmare

same as she did here in Asia at a private show 

21 hours ago, vibeology said:

Number Ones, Unbreakable and SOTW were all small in production. And even if the production for Black Diamond is bigger (certain big props on stage for instance), it would've been possible. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/13/2020 at 10:54 AM, JoeJoe said:

her career was only falling apart in America not overseas. She could've toured. Ryan Seacrest, thousands showed up for her performance. With all that controversy she still would've been a huge draw concert wise.

But it wouldnt have made sense to even take that chance if janet had so much scrutiny around her. U keep making this about only America having an issue w/ SB but its still was RISKY since she was pretty much blackballed. U have to remember America is the BIGGEST market when it comes to the music industry..so yeah..if the biggest market wasnt fukin wit janet...overseas was not gonna take a chance on her. And lets be real Damita Jo was the decline of her career Joe...lets not act like she murdered..that was her first flop becus the public EVENTUALLY turned on her..juss cus janet had a big crowd at Seacrest show dont mean she was on top..that ended up being Usher's year with "Confession".. DamitaJo tanked

But it wouldnt have made sense to even take that chance if janet had so much scrutiny around her. U keep making this about only America having an issue w/ SB but its still was RISKY since she was pretty much blackballed. U have to remember America is the BIGGEST market when it comes to the music industry..so yeah..if the biggest market wasnt fukin wit janet...overseas was not gonna take a chance on her. And lets be real Damita Jo was the decline of her career Joe...lets not act like she murdered..that was her first flop becus the public EVENTUALLY turned on her..juss cus janet had a big crowd at Seacrest show dont mean she was on top..that ended up being Usher's year with "Confession".. DamitaJo tanked

Damita Jo was the decline of her career but yet her 1st week sales were more than TVR first week sales and Just A Little While was set to be a hit here cause it was being played all over radio before the backlash and was in the top 5 of every radio station's playlist rotation. Let's not pretend like Damita Jo was flopping out the gate. Many artists have flopped in America and have still went overseas and sold out shows. Once again the AMERICAN public turned against Janet. Stop acting like the whole world stopped fucking with her cause of an American event cause they didn't but I digress.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, GTIG said:

Most fan base stick together while being opinionated.we simply just don't..I have an entire list of examples but 🤷🏾‍♂️

why do you think we dont stick together? Im asking for your thoughts. I think the fanbases that DO stick together are also a slightly insane with their standom, refer to MJ stans :filenails: 

On 9/15/2020 at 9:03 PM, JoeJoe said:

Damita Jo was the decline of her career but yet her 1st week sales were more than TVR first week sales and Just A Little While was set to be a hit here cause it was being played all over radio before the backlash and was in the top 5 of every radio station's playlist rotation. Let's not pretend like Damita Jo was flopping out the gate. Many artists have flopped in America and have still went overseas and sold out shows. Once again the AMERICAN public turned against Janet. Stop acting like the whole world stopped fucking with her cause of an American event cause they didn't but I digress.

But the US was still the album's most successful market, with considerable international promo.