I think "if" is her greatest song

Xtraordinary Xternal

TA, but not so much IGL...I LOVE IGL, but the general public don't really acknowledge it among Janet's greatest.

Actually they do. When I did my Janhova speech for my Speech class last semester and I asked who knew TTWLG, IGL, and ATAP. 95% of the class raised their hand for TTWLG, ~80% for IGL and ATAP.

It was the Mariah situation and for some reason...Virgin was very off with how they handled the AFY project. At the time the fans were complaining about STCML and how it was released so FAR after AFY's peak. It just didn't make any sense to anyone...The AFY era is usually looked back on favorably by the fans (as it was Janet's last big hit), but there was a lot of BS that happened during that time.

True...Being a Jackson is also a big part of it.

I get it, but I don't agree...and you're wrong. :coffee:

Just stupidity...idiots should have capitalized on that album -_-

-_-

Agreeing with me only to say you don't agree in the same posts = dumbness :coffee:

Ummm, no. :mellow: The most referenced singles from the janet. album are TTWLG, Again, and ATAP. :mellow:

:mellow:

The most referenced singles are IF and TTWLG because of the ICONICness of the "If" video and Janet debuting a new look/sound with TTWLG.

Actually they do. When I did my Janhova speech for my Speech class last semester and I asked who knew TTWLG, IGL, and ATAP. 95% of the class raised their hand for TTWLG, ~80% for IGL and ATAP.

They may know of them, but if you get into a conversation with general person/causal fan (and you don't lead the conversation :rolleyes: ) the singles that will most likely be discussed are the ones I listed.

• Upvote 1

They may know of them, but if you get into a conversation with general person/causal fan (and you don't lead the conversation :rolleyes: ) the singles that will most likely be discussed are the ones I listed.

No. :mellow: Here at my school I've never heard anyone talk about "If". It's ALWAYS TTWLG, Again, and ATAP.

Along with "TA" and "IGL" :coffee: I've had plenty of conversations will people that aren't fans of hers, but they mentioned both of those songs as being their favorites...a couple even described "IGL" as "the video where she rips open her shirt" because they couldn't remember the name (to be honest with you, they mentioned the title but added "So" to it, so I played dumb since I don't know a "IGSL" -_- ).

Along with "TA" and "IGL" :coffee: I've had plenty of conversations will people that aren't fans of hers, but they mentioned both of those songs as being their favorites...a couple even described "IGL" as "the video where she rips open her shirt" because they couldn't remember the name (to be honest with you, they mentioned the title but added "So" to it, so I played dumb since I don't know a "IGSL" -_- ).

I remember being on the shuttle (maybe '06 or '07) and this girl was talking about IGL and she knew the song and video and she was just a casual fan.

I have spoken. :mellow:

Who are you again? :unsure: ....Exactly. :coffee:

No. :mellow: Here at my school I've never heard anyone talk about "If". It's ALWAYS TTWLG, Again, and ATAP.

I don't care about your knotty school. The general public/ causal fans reference IF and TTWLG. :coffee:

IGL is known, but not to the extent of the "Control" singles, the RN singles, TTWLG, If, TA, and AFY.

• Upvote 1

I'm you. Just a better version. :coffee:

Lies. :rolleyes:

The ppl at my school are a representation of the general public dummy. :sigh::rolleyes:

I don't know the flops at your school to know if they are a representation of the general public or not. Also, every you associate with has probably been bombarded with Janet because of you...so they have no choice but to know Janet.