The Official Beyoncé Thread

TwistedElegance™

Harvard to study "BEYONCÉ"

New HBS case study looks at the marketing savvy and tough calls behind star’s surprise 2013 album release

“Surprise!” Visitors browsing the Apple iTunes store just after midnight on Dec. 13, 2013, saw a startling image flicker across their screens. It was a music business stunner announcing that singer Beyoncé’s fifth solo album was available to download.

News of the recording, a self-titled set of 14 songs with 17 companion videos dubbed a “visual album,” caught music industry veterans and even her diehard fans off guard. Without advance publicity, a single to promote, or any music leaked to the Internet, Beyoncé managed to keep the project under wraps until she was ready to unveil it across 119 countries.

“Beyoncé has delivered countless surprises in her 15 years on top of the music world, but she’s never dropped a bombshell like this,” Rolling Stone’s Rob Sheffield wrote at the time. “The whole project is a celebration of the Beyoncé Philosophy, which basically boils down to the fact that Beyoncé can do anything the hell she wants to.”

A new Harvard Business School (HBS) case study to be published next week examines what it took to pull off the ambitious and costly campaign, the prevailing market conditions, the structural and technical obstacles, as well as the many difficult decisions Beyoncé and her management team confronted along the way. With insights from top executives at Parkwood Entertainment, Columbia Records, Facebook and Apple, the HBS case asks M.B.A. students to decide what they would have done if they were working for Beyoncé.

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2014/09/the-business-of-being-beyonce/

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

qys307.jpg

I don't care what you bitches think. If you don't like it don't buy it. I AM HERE FOR THIS! She will be getting my coins and I will be getting my life all over again. I hope this is true. I want those DVDs of the tours and I want those new songs! Especially Cherry and Donk!!!! 

Although having said that - with all the rumours anbd leaks I bet she decides not to do it :rolleyes:. I think it's fake tbh. The dates don't add up (25th is a Tuesday not a Monday) and I feel like she's taking a break after 2 years of straight touring.

EDIT - It's on Amazon :jonny:!!!