The Official Beyoncé Thread

TwistedElegance™

I'm enjoying this song much more now than on first listen. Not because of "Fifty Shades". It's just grown on me. :lol:

OMG same lmao! It was never my fav but I'm falling in love with this song now!

Same, I'm a bit over the album now besides like 2 songs but Haunted on 1st listen I rated as OK (tho I think I did say that it was a grower), but now I think it might be in my top 2 fave songs from this era (between this & Partition). I think this song & XO switched places, I loved that song on 1st listen but now....meh...lol. As most know 1 of my problems with Bey& her ballads & lack of emoting and relating, but I think she nailed it with this song.

Same, I'm a bit over the album now besides like 2 songs but Haunted on 1st listen I rated as OK (tho I think I did say that it was a grower), but now I think it might be in my top 2 fave songs from this era (between this & Partition). I think this song & XO switched places, I loved that song on 1st listen but now....meh...lol. As most know 1 of my problems with Bey& her ballads & lack of emoting and relating, but I think she nailed it with this song.

This is odd. I'm actually loving the album now with the exception of two songs. WTF? :lmao: I went back and saw my original review. I think I'm gonna quote and revise it. :lol: I do wish it went deeper, but I think it's a big step in the right direction. 

My Revised Ratings

Pretty Hurts: 8/10. It's grown on me, but I still leave it at an 8.

Haunted: 9/10. HOT. It gives me life. 

Drunk In Love: 2 6/10. My guilty pleasure.

Blow: 8/10. Smooth and sexy. I'm into it. 

No Angel: 5 7/10. I didn't really like the sound of it at first, but it's a bit better than I thought. 

Partition: 9 10/10. This song is my fuckin' JAM. 

Jealous: 7/10. I like.

Rocket: 3/10. "Dance for You" was so much better.

Mine: 4 5/10. It grew on me a little, but still, eh. 

XO: 8/10. Solid love song. 

Flawless: 1 8/10. At first I hated this because I thought the first part sounded too arrogant and the last part should have been longer. After some time, I've come to love her grit and attitude. Still, adding the part from Chimamanda sounds out of place here. I think it should have been part of a different song.

Superpower: 7/10. Good.

Heaven: 9/10. Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

Blue: 10/10. I just melt when artists write songs about their kids.

New Average: 6 7.5/10.

is still the better album to me, but I do love this one. There are a couple songs I can do without, but it's stronger tracks set this album on fire. I wish she'd have put "Grown Woman" and "Standing On the Sun" on here instead of "Rocket" and "Mine". The former two are fantastic. Overall, though, I love it and can't wait to see where she goes next.

• Upvote 2

This is odd. I'm actually loving the album now with the exception of two songs. WTF? :lmao: I went back and saw my original review. I think I'm gonna quote and revise it. :lol: I do wish it went deeper, but I think it's a big step in the right direction. 

Yea it didn't get to the place of loving it, but I do like it, and I agree it's definitely a step in the right direction, it's the most real album I think she's done since the 1st, like of the last 2 (tho this is still a tad copy heavy) it feels the most genuine and I am interested in seeing where the next direction is. I feel like 1 major reason the era was over by like Febuaryfor me was because of everythng dropping all together, it probably would've been better to not release the vids all at once, I think that would've helped carry the album. But for what it is and what it did it worked.

Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap it
Foot up, my foot up
Hold up now my foot up
I'm spinnin my foot up
Foot up yeah my foot up
I'm spinnin my foot up
Put my foot down yeah my hands up
My hands up, my hands up
Flexin

Flexin while my hands up
My hands up, my hands up
I stand up with my hands up
Then I put up, my hands up
I put up, my hands up
I put up, my hands up
Then I'm spinnin all my hands up

tumblr_n8t8iv4TI51rfduvxo1_250.gif

• Upvote 1

Bey delving into her southern roots tho ed2305b7.png

Hold that Coke like alcohol
Don't you DROP THAT #*$ALCOHOL$*#!
neva drop that alcohol 
neva drop that alcohol
I know you think about alcohol
I know i'm thinkin' 'bout that alcohol

twerk.gif

• Upvote 1

The lyrics to 7/11 are ratchet as fuck :lol:, but the instrumental, tho...

tumblr_mnjkapLuqx1ri4ni5o1_400.gif

I love "Ring Off' a lot. If my mom liked Bey, I'd send it to her. She might love it anyway, though.  :lol::wub:

it's so ratchet but I love it :lmao:!! Especially the alcohol part haha. Going back to her southern roots I see haha

Ring Off is cute. I love her relationship with Tina :wub:

OCC: BEYONCÉ has sold 5M copies WW pre-rerelease

Official Charts Company > You

I think that makes it the best selling album from a black female since I Am Sasha Fierce

tumblr_inline_nbwvr3PRqw1si4ouw.gif

======================================

Ooh, we be be, Freaky Deaky
Think Me See She, Pink Bikini
Rock that groovy dye Dashiki
Nefertiti, Edges kinky
Sweatin on my blowout
Sweating on my press-ess

tumblr_inline_nbwvr3PRqw1si4ouw.gif

• Upvote 1

Boy I'm drankin

I'm sangin

On the mic till my voice hoarse

Then I fill the tub up halfway then ride eh with my surfboardTTT

SURFBOARDT.

SURFTBOARDT.

SURFBOARDT.

Graining on dat WOOD.

Grainin Grainin on dat WOOD.

tumblr_m6vtoxUnrd1qcvaxho4_250.gif

I'm swervin on dat.

Swervin Swervin on dat big body body Benz.

Been servin all this.

Swerv Surfin all in dih good goodT

tumblr_m6vtoxUnrd1qcvaxho3_250.gif

• Upvote 1