The Official Beyoncé Thread

TwistedElegance™

I really think she has a good chance too.  And the twins announcement is more positive publicity and votes 

Too bad the voting deadline is January 13 and not last week

oh and Adele

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/grammys/7534037/grammys-2017-dates-grammy-awards

Edited by Game XXIX
  • Upvote 1

Too bad the voting deadline is January 13 and not last week

oh and Adele

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/grammys/7534037/grammys-2017-dates-grammy-awards

All Adele has on Lemonade is sales.  All the critical acclaim, the entertainment/cultural hype, reviews all year has gone for Beyonce.  That's just the truth.  Does that mean she will win it no but I don't think she has bad chances.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

lemonade deserves AOTY the most but oh well. 

The others are safer choices.  Adele has sales and songwriting, and no negative press etc really. No baggage or political leanings.

Beyonce deserves it more imo, she has a better album hitting on several genres even country and still fitting together well as a project.  But there's the political stuff, the rougher edge to the project. Voters might just want the classical, safer options.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The others are safer choices.  Adele has sales and songwriting, and no negative press etc really. No baggage or political leanings.

Beyonce deserves it more imo, she has a better album hitting on several genres even country and still fitting together well as a project.  But there's the political stuff, the rougher edge to the project. Voters might just want the classical, safer options.

Voters like vanilla I guess hence why Taylor won twice and why Adele might win twice. 25 was good but it's bland.

I'd laugh if Bieber wins :lmao:

All Adele has on Lemonade is sales.  All the critical acclaim, the entertainment/cultural hype, reviews all year has gone for Beyonce.  That's just the truth.  Does that mean she will win it no but I don't think she has bad chances.

Riiiight because that matters. Beyoncé will garner a Grammy for best short film or whatever 

Remember, the Grammy's is a popularity contest ;) Adele is walking out with quite a few trophies #justsayin

Edited by Game XXIX
  • Upvote 1

Riiiight because that matters. Beyoncé will garner a Grammy for best short film or whatever 

Remember, the Grammy's is a popularity contest ;) Adele is walking out with quite a few trophies #justsayin

I am not saying she won't.  And I am not hating on 25 as an album either.  But, it isnt groundbreaking, or wildly original or even the best album of the year.  And clearly we all know that is not really a criteria for Grammys in general.

I am not saying she won't.  And I am not hating on 25 as an album either.  But, it isnt groundbreaking, or wildly original or even the best album of the year.  And clearly we all know that is not really a criteria for Grammys in general.

right.. bc Lemonade is groundbreaking and/or wildly original? :blink: As if Beyoncé is wildly original period

It's Adele tho

Edited by Game XXIX
  • Upvote 1

right.. bc Lemonade is groundbreaking and/or wildly original? :blink: As if Beyoncé is wildly original period

It's Adele tho

Its more original and cohesive as an album that any of the other nominees. Its riskier, she takes a stand on issues and isn't scared to piss people off.  Whether its old white republicans who forgot she was black or guys in general by having such a female centric album.

And I giver her credit for the visual album which is excellent imo.  I wont be shocked if she wins and wont if she doesn't.  Just depends what voters are going for not that complicated.

• Upvote 2

The 100 Greatest Award Show Performances of All Time

1. Beyonce, Lemonade Medley (MTV Video Music Awards, 2016)

If you think we need more than half a year's distance to declare Beyonce's Lemonade melange the pinnacle of the award-show performance, maybe ask presenter Serena Williams how long she thinks tennis fans should wait after her latest major win before declaring her the GOAT. Fact is, Bey's 18-minute performance was so far ahead of the pack that comparing her to the rest of award show history feels like sizing public-access TV against Game of Thrones; the scale is just so wildly different that the comparison does no one any favors.

Truly, Beyonce's only real competition here was herself from two years earlier. But while her self-titled performance in '14 was still essentially a medley, this was nothing less than one-act drama in which Bey was star, playwright and conductor, taking a baseball bat to any performer who dared laze their way through a performance, thinking sheer star power would put them over. It was memorable and meme-able, technically proficient and emotionally enthralling, unpredictable and thoroughly un-followable. It was Beyonce at the VMAs, and it gets no better than that.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/grammys/7677099/best-award-show-performances-of-all-time?utm_source=twitter

tumblr_ol2uok18bh1qmrl73o1_400.gif

*waits for the fumes*

• Upvote 4

The 100 Greatest Award Show Performances of All Time

1. Beyonce, Lemonade Medley (MTV Video Music Awards, 2016)

If you think we need more than half a year's distance to declare Beyonce's Lemonade melange the pinnacle of the award-show performance, maybe ask presenter Serena Williams how long she thinks tennis fans should wait after her latest major win before declaring her the GOAT. Fact is, Bey's 18-minute performance was so far ahead of the pack that comparing her to the rest of award show history feels like sizing public-access TV against Game of Thrones; the scale is just so wildly different that the comparison does no one any favors.

Truly, Beyonce's only real competition here was herself from two years earlier. But while her self-titled performance in '14 was still essentially a medley, this was nothing less than one-act drama in which Bey was star, playwright and conductor, taking a baseball bat to any performer who dared laze their way through a performance, thinking sheer star power would put them over. It was memorable and meme-able, technically proficient and emotionally enthralling, unpredictable and thoroughly un-followable. It was Beyonce at the VMAs, and it gets no better than that.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/grammys/7677099/best-award-show-performances-of-all-time?utm_source=twitter

tumblr_ol2uok18bh1qmrl73o1_400.gif

*waits for the fumes*

She just keeps proving why she's the greatest performer of her generation.:dance:

• Upvote 1

Its more original and cohesive as an album that any of the other nominees. Its riskier, she takes a stand on issues and isn't scared to piss people off.  Whether its old white republicans who forgot she was black or guys in general by having such a female centric album.

And I giver her credit for the visual album which is excellent imo.  I wont be shocked if she wins and wont if she doesn't.  Just depends what voters are going for not that complicated.

She didn't know it was going to piss them off until it pissed them off but it worked in her favor

I'll give her credit for the excellence of the visual album (Lemonade, not the previous disaster). I wouldn't be surprise, upset, mad, hating if she won... a little shocked that she beat out Adele but that's it

who won last year? Oh right... Taylor Shift 

2014? Daft Punk

2013? Mumford & Sons

2012? Adele

2010... Shifty Taylor 

i mean.. I'm not wrong 

But you're not completely right. There are numerous instances of albums winning Album of the Year without being big sellers. And let's not act like majority of the albums that have won Album of the Year weren't critically-acclaimed.

But you're not completely right. There are numerous instances of albums winning Album of the Year without being big sellers. And let's not act like majority of the albums that have won Album of the Year weren't critically-acclaimed.

Beyoncé Lemonade sold BIG. Not the biggest but big. The 3rd most of all 5 so with your logic Sturgill Simpson will win AOTY

Also... of those years I named, all of their albums aside from Daft Punk's scored a 76% or below rating on metacritic (Babel by Mumford & Sons being the lowest rated album with 63%)

So you can't determine AOTY based on being critically acclaimed or sales. 

We'll see. I'm starting to think it'll be Simpson

Edited by Game XXIX