The Official Beyoncé Thread

TwistedElegance™

Nelly Furtado made headlines earlier this week after announcing that she would donate the $1 million she received from a private performance for Muammar Gadhafi. But Beyoncé, who also entertained the Libyan dictator in 2009, already beat her to it.

The international superstar, who has come under fire alongside Mariah Carey and Usher for being hired by Gadhafi in the past, revealed that she donated all of the money earned from the gig to helping the earthquake relief efforts in Haiti.

“All monies paid to Beyoncé for her performance at a private party at Nikki Beach St. Barts on New Year’s Eve 2009, including the commissions paid to her booking agency, were donated to the earthquake relief efforts in Haiti, over a year ago,” said the singer’s rep in a statement to CNN. “Once it became known that the third party promoter was linked to the Qaddafi family, the decision was made to put that payment to a good cause.”

The “Single Ladies” hitmaker did not disclose how much money she donated or which charity received the payment.

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/03/02/beyonce-donates-gadhafi-money-to-haiti/#more-76283

Beyoncé Lends Talent to Curb Childhood Obesity

Beyoncé wants to get you in shape. The “Bootylicious” singer has joined forces with First Lady Michelle Obama and the National Association of Broadcasters Education Foundation to help fight childhood obesity.

The 16-time Grammy Award winner has re-written and re-recorded one of her hit songs for the “Let’s Move! Flash Workout” campaign. She will also provide an instructional video demonstrating the dance/exercise routine, which will be distributed to participating schools.

“I am excited to be part of this effort that addresses a public health crisis,” stated Beyoncé. “First Lady Michelle Obama deserves credit for tackling this issue directly, and I applaud the NAB Education Foundation for trying to make a positive difference in the lives of our schoolchildren.”

Middle school students across the country will participate in a pre-choreographed “Let’s Move!” dance exercise routine at an identical time on May 3 at 1:42 p.m. EST.

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/03/06/beyonce-lends-talent-to-curb-childhood-obesity/#more-76700

Beyoncé Dives Into Studio With Frank Ocean

kdu5gx.jpg

Mere weeks after making a splash with his mixtape Nostalgia, Ultra, Odd Future’s Frank Ocean has hit the big leagues. The singer-songwriter, who’s written for Brandy and Justin Bieber, posted a picture of himself in the studio with Beyoncé, working on the superstar’s fourth album.

“This is the room i’m working in this day. not to brag but man, this is surreal,” wrote the Cali crooner. “Like..she’s singing my songs. if time were to stop right now, the past couple weeks would be near the top of the highlight reel for my short time on earth.”

In addition to Ocean, Beyoncé has been in the lab with hitmakers including Sean Garrett, Ne-Yo, Diplo, and Sleigh Bells recording her first album since 2008’s I Am… Sasha Fierce.

“Beyoncé is one of those artists that always tries to push the envelope, so nothing is ever good enough, but that’s what makes Beyoncé Beyoncé,” Ne-Yo told Rap-Up TV, while Jim Jonsin shared his vision for Bey’s highly-anticipated project. “I’d like to take it even more Depeche Mode-ish, like ’80s electro with just some hard drums. I’d love to go there,” said the producer.

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/03/12/beyonce-dives-into-studio-with-frank-ocean/#more-77439

I'm looking forward to the album but I wish she'd change the formula up. New image etc.

who? beyonce? :lmao: Pap Knowles erased those words off their dictionary

It's understandable though, the success of Tacky Fierce showed her a road that will never give her a flop but let's see if something different leaks from this new album.

Having Miss Ne-Yo as a producer is never a good indication though

That's not Beyonce, and it's an unreleased track.

Thank God :lol:

on other news

TheDoctorLuke Dr. Luke Doctor Luke

Pretty lame when artists don't credit the people who wrote their songs, and pretend that they did it.. why not give credit?? don't hurt none

TheDoctorLuke

@PerezHilton you know who it is but i'll tell you not publicly....

Will Sacha Theif make an appearance on this album? :shifty:

Allegedly the story is that a friend of Dr. Luke wrote a song for her upcoming album and....you know the rest... Let's see how this goes.

BTW wasn't Dr. Lurke accused of stealing a track too a few years ago? :unsure:

Thank God :lol:

on other news

Will Sacha Theif make an appearance on this album? :shifty:

Allegedly the story is that a friend of Dr. Luke wrote a song for her upcoming album and....you know the rest... Let's see how this goes.

BTW wasn't Dr. Lurke accused of stealing a track too a few years ago? :unsure:

She doesnt even have a release date yet does she? How can peope be complaining about credit already? Id guess someone closer to release. Did gaga work for him?