The Pop Culture Thread: When IMPACTNET Strikes Edition

Mr. Wonder

The latest episode of Black Ink Crew season 7 called "Signature Not Required", 20 minutes into it, Miss Kitty gets mad at Cesar for letting another girl disrespect her since she's flirting with him and she walks out of the shop and he says "Go ahead Rhythm Nation" and everybody starts laughing. She has a black baseball cap on, a white crop top with her black jacket around her waist.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm watching The Real Housewives of Atlanta and they just introduced Shamari Devoe from the 90's group Blaque and she said that her and her husband the legendary Ronnie Devoe of New Edition met each other at Janet's Jackson MTV Icon special back in 2001 .....talk about random as fuck :lol:

Anywho...that damn Janet still bringing couples together first Marilyn Manson and Lisa Presley and now these two love birds. Whews next? 

5 hours ago, Tituba said:

So I'm watching The Real Housewives of Atlanta and they just introduced Shamari Devoe from the 90's group Blaque and she said that her and her husband the legendary Ronnie Devoe of New Edition met each other at Janet's Jackson MTV Icon special back in 2001 .....talk about random as fuck :lol:

Anywho...that damn Janet still bringing couples together first Marilyn Manson and Lisa Presley and now these two love birds. Whews next? 

Well i do know she is a fan of Janet's bc i remember in an interview while she was still in Blaque ..they asked the whats the best concert theyve ever seen and her answer was "Janet's Velvet Rope show...she puts on a show!!" I juss didnt know know her and Ronnie had attended the Icon show cus neither got any coverage.. MTV showed all the "revelant" acts at the time lol 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Tituba said:

Lol I was gonna post that yesterday too but I just didn't. I know Shamari thinks way too high of her man Ronnie cause I don't know what he really did for the group other than serve looks and danced. Bobby, Ralph, and Johnny were the singers of the group.

• Upvote 1

In the latest episode of Charmed (the reboot) they played Miss You Much extensively throughout a flashback scene where the sisters travel to 1989 to get some info about one of their charges that they were supposed to save. Also in the episode there is an Adinkra symbol showcased as a protection against evil entities on the back of the black technician that the eldest sister has the hots for...and for any Janet fan we know that another Adinkra symbol (Sankofa) was a symbol used heavenly  by Janet  during the Velvet Rope era that literally means 'go back and get it' which is saying to learn from your past to make a better future.... coincidence...I think not. 

Janet is the real Charmed one. :rolleyes: 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tituba said:

In the latest episode of Charmed (the reboot) they played Miss You Much extensively throughout a flashback scene where the sisters travel to 1989 to get some info about one of their charges that they were supposed to save. Also in the episode there is an Adinkra symbol showcased as a protection against evil entities on the back of the black technician that the eldest sister has the hots for...and for any Janet fan we know that another Adinkra symbol (Sankofa) was a symbol used heavenly  by Janet  during the Velvet Rope era that literally means 'go back and get it' which is saying to learn from your past to make a better future.... coincidence...I think not. 

Janet is the Supreme confirmed 

1 hour ago, Tituba said:

Janet is the Supreme confirmed 

On 11/21/2018 at 3:19 PM, Tituba said:

lmao i came here to post this

• 3 weeks later...

Ok...so I'm late to the party but nobody mentioned how the second season of 'Dear White People' is a homage to Janet.

Not only do they quote her lyrics (someone to call my lover), have Poetic Justice poster on the wall but somebody actually calls her 'Queen Janet'....and all of this happens throughout the season....I gagged. 

2 hours ago, Voodoo.Queen said:

Ok...so I'm late to the party but nobody mentioned how the second season of 'Dear White People' is a homage to Janet.

Not only do they quote her lyrics (someone to call my lover), have Poetic Justice poster on the wall but somebody actually calls her 'Queen Janet'....and all of this happens throughout the season....I gagged. 

omg, sounds like Pose! The stans run entertainment eh?

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...