The Pop Culture Thread: When IMPACTNET Strikes Edition

Mr. Wonder

15 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

It's getting out of hand at this point. :sigh:

It's like a California wildfire - it's there, and we see it, but there's no way to contain it. :sigh:

44 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Offset just confirmed that this indeed was his inspiration 😁

The things I would let that man do to my body. -_-

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aquaria said:

:lmao: 

1 hour ago, Aquaria said:

:lmao: 

It wasn't that funny that it needed two posts. :umm: 

1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

OMG....yes! There is a reason that bird puts up with his mess....I know it's good.😛

Yep. I just know it's big. Same with Quavo. Big with a pink head. 

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:48 PM, Mr. Wonder said:

It's like a California wildfire - it's there, and we see it, but there's no way to contain it. :sigh:

One of the reasons why I can't compile a list of the people she has influenced. :sigh: They pop out of nowhere..generation after generation. :sigh: 

18 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

One of the reasons why I can't compile a list of the people she has influenced. :sigh: They pop out of nowhere..generation after generation. :sigh: 

Yea not just in the music business but she influenced actors  and actresses, athletes, comedians,etc

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jamie Jones Samples Janet Jackson on Steamy Tech Beat 'Under My Control': Exclusive

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/dance/8518714/jamie-jones-samples-under-my-control

Jamie Jones Samples Janet Jackson on Steamy Tech Beat 'Under My Control': Exclusive

7/4/2019 by Kat Bein

Jamie-Jones-press-by-Koury-Angelo-2019-b
Koury Angelo
Jamie Jones

Gimme a beat!

That was Janet Jackson's rally cry on her 1986 hit "Nasty," and today, Jamie Jones reworks that industrial rhythm into a steamy, tech house jam called "Under My Control." It's an even nastier groove than the original, the kind of hard-hitter you can bump to from dusk 'til dawn. Mechanical, cybernetic and funk-a-licious, the track is an asbolutely futuristic beam of gritty dance floor get-down.

"Under My Control" is due for release on Jones' imprint Hottrax, marking his first original tune on the label since he launched it with "Change" in 2013. The single is one of four tracks on a compiltion EP called Paradise, named in celebration of Jones' popular event series and Ibiza residency. The EP rounds out with tracks from Finish techno lover Kiki, French noise maker Popof, and Spanish groove man Rafa Barrios.

The Paradise EP is out on Hottrax Friday, July 5, but Billboard Dance has the exclusive sneak peek with Jamie Jones' "Under My Control" below.