The last movie you saw at home/cinema - MOST POPULAR THREAD 2013/14

Selz

2 hours ago, vibeology said:

Was there anything deep behind the ending? I mean it seemed to go hand in hand with what she said to that priest.

Am I missing something?

I was looking at the meaning of the film as a whole, in terms of what is it saying. My interpretation is the film has various characters who find themselves in bad circumstances, and its not fair to any of them, but that tends to be how life is, so what we see is how each character, mainly Mildred, deals with the aftermath, I think its about coping and moving on in spite of lifes shit moments. Think about, Mildred, daughter raped and murdered, no answers, Sheriff Willbourgh has cancer, again not fair, but his wife even says after something to the affect that she doesnt know what the letter says that he wrote Mildred she has to figure out what to do the afternoon after her husband kills himself. The racist cop, again another tragic situation, but the letter the Sheriff wrote him I think really ties the meaning of the movie together, like you could be a good cop, but you gotta let some shit go. Mildred's ex-husband, how does he move on? By fucking some teenage girl. The midget another not so bueno situation but still even with him you see a human being dealing the best they can with the cards they were dealt.

• Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Bailey. said:

I was looking at the meaning of the film as a whole, in terms of what is it saying. My interpretation is the film has various characters who find themselves in bad circumstances, and its not fair to any of them, but that tends to be how life is, so what we see is how each character, mainly Mildred, deals with the aftermath, I think its about coping and moving on in spite of lifes shit moments. Think about, Mildred, daughter raped and murdered, no answers, Sheriff Willbourgh has cancer, again not fair, but his wife even says after something to the affect that she doesnt know what the letter says that he wrote Mildred she has to figure out what to do the afternoon after her husband kills himself. The racist cop, again another tragic situation, but the letter the Sheriff wrote him I think really ties the meaning of the movie together, like you could be a good cop, but you gotta let some shit go. Mildred's ex-husband, how does he move on? By fucking some teenage girl. The midget another not so bueno situation but still even with him you see a human being dealing the best they can with the cards they were dealt.

Oh yeah...well I thought that's obviously what its about. Mildred clearly hadn't moved on even by the end of the film...she seemed consumed with bitterness and wanting some closure, hence her actions at the end. Even her son couldn't move on if he tried because of his mothers actions. 

The cop that got burnt (I dunno if he was racist)...I think he was just angry with how his life turned out, but the letter made him look at things differently (that was actually a little gripe...he was a shithead then all of a sudden one letter and he repents). But yes I gathered that was the general jist of things

24 minutes ago, vibeology said:

Oh yeah...well I thought that's obviously what its about. Mildred clearly hadn't moved on even by the end of the film...she seemed consumed with bitterness and wanting some closure, hence her actions at the end. Even her son couldn't move on if he tried because of his mothers actions. 

The cop that got burnt (I dunno if he was racist)...I think he was just angry with how his life turned out, but the letter made him look at things differently (that was actually a little gripe...he was a shithead then all of a sudden one letter and he repents). But yes I gathered that was the general jist of things

Im glad you kinda confirmed it, I wasn't sure what the point of the film was, to be honest because I keep coming back to all this took place and there's no resolution to who killed the girl. But as we have discussed there was a lot more going on in the movie

• Downvote 1

21 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

Three Billboards was a very good movie.  The ending was kinda open ended..Did she go find the murderer and kill him h erself? Was the cop going with her?

I guess we had to make our own interpretation of what was next.

open ended? I thought that's exactly what they done! and apparently he was not actually the murderer

5 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

:lol: Lawd....lemme re-watch it again.

me too because Ima need some kind of interpretation of the movie that's right...it feels like being school and not having the answer, and for me not to have answers is a problem :lol:

• Downvote 1

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:59 PM, Bailey. said:

me too because Ima need some kind of interpretation of the movie that's right...it feels like being school and not having the answer, and for me not to have answers is a problem :lol:

Right. :lol: I remember them sitting on the swing set talking about the murderer and where he lived..I thought she was going to get justice and maybe take the cop with her..and then the movie ended. :huh::lol:

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Avengers Infinity War... can’t realy grade it cuz I don’t remember enough of it.. movie started at 7p and I had been day drinking since 11a and I was buzzed fading in and out of consciousness throughout most of it.. although I did catch the last half hour and wow! I needa go back and see wtf I kept missing

14 hours ago, Dal said:

Avengers Infinity War... can’t realy grade it cuz I don’t remember enough of it.. movie started at 7p and I had been day drinking since 11a and I was buzzed fading in and out of consciousness throughout most of it.. although I did catch the last half hour and wow! I needa go back and see wtf I kept missing

why not wait until this Saturday to go? No reason on Earth for you to be fucked up then papi :rolleyes:

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Bailey. said:

why not wait until this Saturday to go? No reason on Earth for you to be fucked up then papi :rolleyes:

Uhhhh I bought the tix weeks ago.. reserved seats so we got there 3 mins before showtime... and why not just go again this Saturday?! Ok I will then.... man

• 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, kidfresh832 said:

Love Simon B+

It was cute.  Inspiring for young gays, and young teens in general feeling left out or that there isn't love in the cards for them.  Has themes of acceptance, shows the effect of bullying.  I liked it.

hmmmm I'll have to check out a trailer

• Downvote 1

I saw Avengers 2nd week it came out. I loved all of it except the first 5 minutes because of what happened to a character. I also didn't like how they made Hulk seem like a little bitch. Starlord will piss off whoever sees what he does. I give it an "A".

Deadpool 2. I loved it! I actually liked it better than the 1st one and it's hilarious :lol: "A"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
19 hours ago, kidfresh832 said:

Crazy Rich Asians

Cute and I loved the Singapore scenery and food scenes brings back memories

Talking of Asians, I just watched a film called Searching about a girl who goes missing and Dad realises he knows nothing about her life when trying to find her.

I'll give it an A.