The last movie you saw at home/cinema - MOST POPULAR THREAD 2013/14

Selz

Chi-Raq-C, It was overrated by the critics response, and underrated by the overall audiences. It's a interesting movie to say the least. My biggest issue the rhyming, the characters speak in rhymes if you didn't know, and that gets old and annoying and not everyone does that well. But the performances are very high quality to me, the filming was done great, the story & messege was pretty cool and powerful, but it was some out of nowhere shit that....kinda makes ya face turn, but then some of that was hilarious. Im torn with this movie, I'll likely see it again but Im really not in a rush to, but it might help.

• 3 weeks later...

The Big Wedding - cute

Poltergeist (remake) - eh. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. Original >

Lila & Eve - you know what...I liked this quite a lot. I LOVE Viola and I don't think J.Lo is a bad actress at all. She's actually more than capable. I enjoyed this.

A Teacher - I would have preferred to have learned more about how their relationship came to be. Developed a crush on Will Brittain

Fruitvale Station - this left me with all kinds of mixed emotions, primarily anger and hurt. Definitely recommend 

The Young & Prodigious T.S. Spivet - this was pretty nice film. I do enjoy adventure films like this. I was laughing a few times throughout.  

Dear White People - I'm not sure. I was expecting more from it. I thought I'd learn more and it would leave me thinking but I didn't learn anything from this that Twitter hasn't already taught me. Disappointed.

Tyler Perry's Single Moms Club - I mean it's a tyler movie so not much expectation. I did enjoy it though. One of his better films.

Deadpool - A+  So good and funny, and filthy.  Very faithful adaptation of the character.  Ryan Reynolds really gave this his all and his dedication shows.  Lots of X-men references and couple cameos obviously from the trailers. 

Yes I just saw it too. Broke the record for an R- Rated movie. I felt embarrassed because of so many kids being in the theater. This movie is not for kids! Great movie and i'll be buying it on dvd #driveby lol

Yes I just saw it too. Broke the record for an R- Rated movie. I felt embarrassed because of so many kids being in the theater. This movie is not for kids! Great movie and i'll be buying it on dvd #driveby lol

Yeah this isn't a "light R" this is Rated R for a reason.  I am surprised people will take a young kid to this.  Seriously under 11/12 even though its awesome is bad parenting imo.

Yeah this isn't a "light R" this is Rated R for a reason.  I am surprised people will take a young kid to this.  Seriously under 11/12 even though its awesome is bad parenting imo.

and there were plenty under 12. Other people I know have been saying the same thing about seeing kids there. I guess parents these days don't look at ratings or they think "Oh it's just a superhero movie so it can't be that bad"

Deadpool-A+, PERFECT movie, my all time favorite superhero movie, my all time favorite Ryan Reynalds movie. He was wonderful, my friend & I were joking this was basically what happened after Van Wilder graduated from College and had a rough life lol. There's quite a bit of his butt.....there's even his butt getting fucked....he really went all out for this role on a great level. I VERY much look forward to seeing this again on Tuesday

Hail Cesar- B-, it was good, but REALLY was hoping for funnier than it was, Channing Tatum OWNED, I think this was his best role he's ever done. I just wanted more, and it kind of lost me at times, but I was really tired when I saw it too, so I'm going to re-watch it....when it's available to "find".....

• 1 month later...

Room - Wow. So good! That kid was great

Mad Max: Fury Road - FUCKING BRILLIANT! I LOVE Tom Hardy as it is but this was just so good imo. Charlize was amazing as per. I was so weirded out at first and ALMOST switched it off but I'm so glad I held on and kept watching because by the end of it, I didn't want it to end. 

• 2 weeks later...

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 - B+, if you really loved the 1st 1 I highly recommend it, it's just a feel good movie, and it's done really well, it's predictable in you can guess after 20 minutes how it'll end and likely will be right, but it's really fun, and lighthearted just like the 1st, EVERYONE is back, and they did a really good job.

The Witch - B+, it was probably 1 of the most chilling movies I've ever seen, it was a tad slow at times, but I love the tone and how raw and disturbing some of the scenes were.

• Upvote 1

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 - B+, if you really loved the 1st 1 I highly recommend it, it's just a feel good movie, and it's done really well, it's predictable in you can guess after 20 minutes how it'll end and likely will be right, but it's really fun, and lighthearted just like the 1st, EVERYONE is back, and they did a really good job.

The Witch - B+, it was probably 1 of the most chilling movies I've ever seen, it was a tad slow at times, but I love the tone and how raw and disturbing some of the scenes were.

The Witch is the last movie I saw in theaters as well and I completely agree. It's rare that I compliment a horror movie but I could feel the chill in my bones, especially through the last 20 minutes. It's often stunning in the visual/cinematographic sense too, which is always appreciated. Very well executed.

• Upvote 1