The last movie you saw at home/cinema - MOST POPULAR THREAD 2013/14

Selz

4 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Glass - good acting, good suspense and okay ending.

B-

definitely better than what the critics are saying. Despite reports, M Night has not fallen off just yet. Let that man alone.

I saw the trailer it looks good, we could have saw it together in the movie theater while you grab on my dee in the dark but oh well -_- that's too much happiness and good for my life, I'll download a boot leg and watch it at home with a dollar store bag of popcorn that's all the happy I get now :umm:

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rocknet said:

I saw the trailer it looks good, we could have saw it together in the movie theater while you grab on my dee in the dark but oh well -_- that's too much happiness and good for my life, I'll download a boot leg and watch it at home with a dollar store bag of popcorn that's all the happy I get now :umm:

:lol:

Move to Atlanta 😑:unsure:

• Like 1

On 1/27/2019 at 3:42 PM, Voodoo said:

Glass - good acting, good suspense and okay ending.

B-

definitely better than what the critics are saying. Despite reports, M Night has not fallen off just yet. Let that man alone.

Saw it today !!!   just because of you, so last night downloaded "Split" hadnt seen it, and its part of the "trilogy" so had to see it. Today saw "Glass" let me say a few things, thumbs up for continuity, I mean the same actors from the original movies are back in their same roles, from the mother of Mr. Glass to the son from "Unbreakable" now thats whats up because when you see different actors playing the same characters its distracting. Now, onto the movies itself, for a movie that didnt have a huge budget, it did the most it could with what it had so for that I did enjoy it. Creative, thoughtful....Ive read some review they said something was missing...ummm yeah  a huge fucking budget which that movie clearly doesnt have but its worth seeing

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Rocknet said:

Saw it today !!!   just because of you, so last night downloaded "Split" hadnt seen it, and its part of the "trilogy" so had to see it. Today saw "Glass" let me say a few things, thumbs up for continuity, I mean the same actors from the original movies are back in their same roles, from the mother of Mr. Glass to the son from "Unbreakable" now thats whats up because when you see different actors playing the same characters its distracting. Now, onto the movies itself, for a movie that didnt have a huge budget, it did the most it could with what it had so for that I did enjoy it. Creative, thoughtful....Ive read some review they said something was missing...ummm yeah  a huge fucking budget which that movie clearly doesnt have but its worth seeing

Glad you enjoyed it. The broken are indeed more evolved! #Rejoice :D

• Like 1

A Star is Born -  B+   Bradley Cooper was amazing a real transformation into his character.  You can see the effort he put into every bit of it.  I found Gaga to be a little meh though.  I found her acting a little wooden

Velvet Buzzsaw - B  Legit only watched cause Gyllenhal is naked in it.  It needed to be scarier and darker.  They didn't go far enough with it imo

1 hour ago, kidfresh832 said:

A Star is Born -  B+   Bradley Cooper was amazing a real transformation into his character.  You can see the effort he put into every bit of it.  I found Gaga to be a little meh though.  I found her acting a little wooden

Velvet Buzzsaw - B  Legit only watched cause Gyllenhal is naked in it.  It needed to be scarier and darker.  They didn't go far enough with it imo

Haven't seen Star yet but wth is velvet buzzsaw. Sounds like a straight to dvd movie lol

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

Us

Grade:  B

Eh.  The twist at the end was cute, but I have a few questions that need answers.  I mean, it did get me to think and I talked about it with my cousin who I went with and some co-workers.  It was too much. LOL.

Honey as I said before :lol: if you went into that movie looking for it to make sense you came in with the wrong agenda :lol:

• Downvote 1

Us 1st view=B+, 2nd view=A!

There was SO much I missed, this movie made all the stuff hidden in Get Out look OBVIOUS lol. The 2nd viewing helped HUGE because you're not caught off guard on much of anything and you're paying closer attention (1st viewing I paid close attention too but didn't know what to expect so being surprised can overtake how closely I'm looking at something). After 1st viewing I said it was good but Get Out was much better, 2nd viewing made me love it as much as Get Out with a possibility of that going up the more I see it.

On 4/2/2019 at 3:32 PM, hotboy06 said:

Us

Grade:  B

Eh.  The twist at the end was cute, but I have a few questions that need answers.  I mean, it did get me to think and I talked about it with my cousin who I went with and some co-workers.  It was too much. LOL.

I heard by 2 people so far that it wasn't very good

1 minute ago, JoeJoe said:

oh hell naw. Sounds like a pass to me

just go see it, before you're the only person in the theater :sigh:  dont go in expecting shit to make sense, some movies and TV shows are just fun that you dont take seriously. There are so many Black folk that have gone out and supported this film, they still going to see it....albeit high on pot some of them...but sure :umm:

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

THEBLACKCOATSDAUGHTER_Thumb.jpg

Wow!! I think this was a brilliant movie... so fucking eerie and unpredictable with a killer twist. You spend the entire time unnerved by all the peculiar things that are happening, nothing is really handed to you in terms of info, you are given facts out of context that eventually pay off. It's awesome and I highly recommend it if you are a fan of slow-burning horror.

4 hours ago, Aquaria said:

THEBLACKCOATSDAUGHTER_Thumb.jpg

Wow!! I think this was a brilliant movie... so fucking eerie and unpredictable with a killer twist. You spend the entire time unnerved by all the peculiar things that are happening, nothing is really handed to you in terms of info, you are given facts out of context that eventually pay off. It's awesome and I highly recommend it if you are a fan of slow-burning horror.

Is this a demonic horror movie with ghosts and stuff cause that's a definite no for me. Anyway last movie I saw was 

SHAZAM: B+ It was better than I expected. I knew it was gonna be comical in a corny way but it's actually good and it had everybody in the theater laughing. If you're looking for a real beat-em-up superhero movie then this ain't it. It does have fighting in it along with a villian. Remember Shazam is a 14yr old who gets transformed into a Superhero so there's some high school stuff going on. Now what I was a little shocked by was some of the sexual stuff they alluded too along with someone being called a dick lol. Anyway it's a good family movie. Not a waste of money imo.