The Mariah Carey thread

RedSimba

http://www.hip-hopvi...-time-in-vegas/

By Fio Borrelli

Hip Hop Vibe Staff Writer

Dating back to last summer, Mariah Carey has been all over the news for various reasons. Personally, Mariah Carey went through a very public divorce with Nick Cannon. Since then, Mariah Carey has stayed in the headlines for her work.

Close to a month ago, Mariah Carey was revealed to be taking on a residency in Las Vegas. The residency has begun and it’s highly successful this far. Those close to Mariah Carey have stated her performances will not be filmed to be released on DVD and such.

However, it is being rumored that Mariah Carey’s performances in Las Vegas will be filmed. The rumor states Mariah Carey is filming a documentary called A Butterfly In Vegas, which should air on HBO. This documentary will play out similar to the one Jay Z and Beyonce did with HBO last summer.

I think Mariah is wonderful, she needs some serious brand management but that over the top entry into Vegas is what she should do...keep doing her ...DIVA!!!!

Her team is better than it was last year. Last year was AWFUL in terms of PR and she didn't help herself. 

you bitch!!! :lmao:

and to my surprise yes she's done better. Not by much but yes lol

Joe c'mon. No one wants to see her on tv barely singing over the backtrack and attempting to hit the high notes, standing around... She's never had an HBO special in the past.. Why would HBO approach her during her decline

The show is cancelled. It's important for her to follow doctors orders but I feel so sad for the people that were there and paid for hotels/transportation cause that won't be refunded. I would be pissed. It's beyond her control though. She has a pretty busy week coming up and a big performance on a major award show. She needs to look after her health first.

Wishing her a speedy recovery.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-mariah-carey-next-chapter-las-vegas-20150512-story.html#page=2

Another amazing interview where she actually opens up and gives her input and thoughts on her life and career.

*She says she wrote a song for EMPIRE for Luscious or Cookie but Lee wants her to be a character on the show

*The Annual Christmas Residency at Beacon Theatre in NYC is continuing this year

*She has a few TV projects lined up.

*She is working on movie roles (maybe the Christmas movie?)

*She teases there's a lot more to come from her this year that she'll announce later.

*Dissapointed with the way the label handled her last couple of projects

*Going back to the studio with LA soon

I wonder who this is about:

Any plans to get back in the studio soon?

"Yes, we do. L.A. Reid and myself, were going to go in and go hard and think about the best move for the next record. And well see. But the last thing Im going to do is give away more intellectual property. Ive literally been robbed. I had an idea for something and someone took the exact same thing, and that was a little unnerving."

Now I want to know.

"I cant tell you because it's too big a scandal. The person literally lifted the entire concept, and the title, and the visuals. I just couldnt believe. But it's OK, it wasnt meant to be, obviously. Or maybe it's meant to be again under a new headline."

• Upvote 1

" If I were to do a show of my favorite songs for the fans, which I will do one day, it would be a more intimate setting."

Nybujujjunjujnnnjnuunnn

OMFF, Is she a mind reader? I've stated this idea almost verbatim a couple times recently. Hope this happens sooner than later. My life would be COMPLETE. :cry:

I feel bad for those planning to see the 5/13 date, I would be disappointed too, but I also understand what it's like to have bronchitis. Health should always comes first so I don't blame her or her doctors. I was once so sick with it, and I basically couldn't even talk for days. It sucks but it happens...

" If I were to do a show of my favorite songs for the fans, which I will do one day, it would be a more intimate setting."

Nybujujjunjujnnnjnuunnn

OMFF, Is she a mind reader? I've stated this idea almost verbatim a couple times recently. Hope this happens sooner than later. My life would be COMPLETE. :cry:

Me too, it would be interesting to see a show of just the deeper album cuts. B)

That was a great, thought-provoking article overall!

• Upvote 1

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-mariah-carey-next-chapter-las-vegas-20150512-story.html#page=2

I wonder who this is about:

Any plans to get back in the studio soon?

"Yes, we do. L.A. Reid and myself, were going to go in and go hard and think about the best move for the next record. And well see. But the last thing Im going to do is give away more intellectual property. Ive literally been robbed. I had an idea for something and someone took the exact same thing, and that was a little unnerving."

Now I want to know.

"I cant tell you because it's too big a scandal. The person literally lifted the entire concept, and the title, and the visuals. I just couldnt believe. But it's OK, it wasnt meant to be, obviously. Or maybe it's meant to be again under a new headline."

that's scandalous. I know she is going through a lot right now, but it wouldn't hurt to spill a little of this tea. I could actually use a dose of her legendary shade right about now. The industry is soooo boring.

• Upvote 1

If she's doing NY then I'm going!!

I want to know who stole her concept. ATRL are saying Beyonce but I very much doubt Mariah had videos made for EVERY song etc :lmao:

I could actually see her trying something like that, but then again I cant. :wacko:  I would be livid if somebody took my ideas, but then again Mariah has been in the game for decades now, Im sure she is probably used to it.

I could actually see her trying something like that, but then again I cant. :wacko:  I would be livid if somebody took my ideas, but then again Mariah has been in the game for decades now, Im sure she is probably used to it.

I mean let's not forget Jennifer Lopez stealing from her not once but TWICE from the same album :lmao: :lmao:. J.Lo was seriously the original Beyonce when it comes to thievery.

• Upvote 1

btw, how would yall rank e=mc2, Memoirs of an imperfect Diet and elusive chanteuse?

E=MC2 was hot at the time but now I feel like it has a few holes in it. Last Kiss and T4N have been on repeat lately. 

Memoirs is cohesive but the lyrics can be juvenile. H.A.T.E.U is her best song in years. 

MIAMTEC grew on me a lot but the last 5 songs don't do anything for me (nor do the bonus songs). 

btw, how would yall rank e=mc2, Memoirs of an imperfect Diet and elusive chanteuse?

E=MC2 is one of my least favorites, but it's an overall fun listen. I don't play it as much as I used to, but whenever I do it's perfect for a drive down to the beach lol

I still adore MOAIA to this day - one of my favorite R&B albums. I love that it's cohesive; the songs are like entries in a diary. "H.A.T.E.U." and "It's A Wrap" being the standout entries IMO

And I place MIAMTEC somewhere in the middle. It's solid from start to finish and still sounds fresh a year later. "#Beautiful," "Dedicated," "Make It Look Good," "Money," and "Faded" are my top 5 as of now.