The Mariah Carey thread

RedSimba

I wish she didn't have a show tomorrow so she could continue resting her voice for the BBMA's performance.

The awards are at 8(5 Las Vegas Time) which means that depending on the time she performs she might have to rush back to Ceasars for make up/sound check cause she does have a show on Sunday. :unsure: And if it's true she's receiving an award I wonder how long into the show it will be.

65xxxy.jpg

If this is accurate it looks like I'll be tuning in and out cause the only people I really wanna see are Mariah, Nicki, Kelly C, Taylor, Britney and maybe Kanye.

I wonder if the "Icon roll" and the presentation Dion and Kelly are doing is related to Mariah. I really hope she gets some kind of award. She deserves IT.

65xxxy.jpg

If this is accurate it looks like I'll be tuning in and out cause the only people I really wanna see are Mariah, Nicki, Kelly C, Taylor, Britney and maybe Kanye.

I wonder if the "Icon roll" and the presentation Dion and Kelly are doing is related to Mariah. I really hope she gets some kind of award. She deserves IT.

What has she done lately that you think she deserves some Icon Award? And Celine Dion giving it to Mariah Carey is a joke within itself :lmao:

I wish she didn't have a show tomorrow so she could continue resting her voice for the BBMA's performance.

The awards are at 8(5 Las Vegas Time) which means that depending on the time she performs she might have to rush back to Ceasars for make up/sound check cause she does have a show on Sunday. :unsure: And if it's true she's receiving an award I wonder how long into the show it will be.

and they say she's supposed to sing live. Hmm we'll see

Great performance last night! ^_^

Mariah Carey wows audience with vocal acrobatics

Mariah Carey returned to the Billboard Music Awards stage for the first time in 17 years to perform "Vision of Love" and "Infinity" on Sunday night. Carey took audiences back in time, belting out her first single, "Vision of Love", before performing her new hit track "Infinity". She enchanted the audience with her impressive vocal range as she performed against a heavenly white backdrop, from the color of the piano to the outfits of her backup performers.

"Infinity" has entered the Hot 100 chart as the first single from Carey's forthcoming compilation album. In the past, the Billboard Awards has recognized Carey for both song of the decade and artist of the decade. The Billboard Music Awards were co-hosted by Ludacris and Chrissy Teigen and featured performances by artists including Wiz Khalifa, Fall Out Boy, Kanye West and Ed Sheeran.

(Hollywood Reporter)

What Bronchitis?! Mariah Carey Hits All the Right Notes When Performing "Infinity" at Billboard Music Awards

Back and better than ever, dahhlings!

Just a few short days after fighting bronchitis, Mariah Carey returned to the stage where she performed for the 2015 Billboard Music Awards.

Wearing a plunging, cleavage baring metallic dress from Yousef Al-Jasmi, the 45-year-old got Laverne Cox and the crowd on their feet when performing "Vision of Love" and her latest single "Infinity."

Backed up by an entire band all dressed in white, Carey nailed all of her high notes and showed no signs of feeling under the weather just a few short days after canceling a performance.

In true Mariah fashion, the musical diva couldn't just wear one outfit for the star-studded award show. Before hitting the stage, Mariah showed some serious leg in a little black dress. She completed her look by wearing her signature butterfly ring and diamond bracelets.

The "Hero" and "Obsessed" crooner is no stranger to Las Vegas. In fact, the singer kicked off her residence at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace earlier this month.

"The rehearsals have been going really well. It's been mainly for me about the music and about how to incorporate the songs," Mariah shared with E! News just days before opening night. "Just because they were all number one records doesn't mean they all make an easy set list...a lot of ballads and up tempos. So it's difficult to make it work seamlessly."

Thanks for the tease Sunday night, girl. But we're still going to the main event soon!

http://www.eonline.com/news/657495/what-bronchitis-mariah-carey-hits-all-the-right-notes-when-performing-infinity-at-billboard-music-awards

• Upvote 1

Great performance last night! ^_^Mariah Carey wows audience with vocal acrobaticsMariah Carey returned to the Billboard Music Awards stage for the first time in 17 years to perform "Vision of Love" and "Infinity" on Sunday night. Carey took audiences back in time, belting out her first single, "Vision of Love", before performing her new hit track "Infinity". She enchanted the audience with her impressive vocal range as she performed against a heavenly white backdrop, from the color of the piano to the outfits of her backup performers."Infinity" has entered the Hot 100 chart as the first single from Carey's forthcoming compilation album. In the past, the Billboard Awards has recognized Carey for both song of the decade and artist of the decade. The Billboard Music Awards were co-hosted by Ludacris and Chrissy Teigen and featured performances by artists including Wiz Khalifa, Fall Out Boy, Kanye West and Ed Sheeran.(Hollywood Reporter)What Bronchitis?! Mariah Carey Hits All the Right Notes When Performing "Infinity" at Billboard Music AwardsBack and better than ever, dahhlings!Just a few short days after fighting bronchitis, Mariah Carey returned to the stage where she performed for the 2015 Billboard Music Awards.Wearing a plunging, cleavage baring metallic dress from Yousef Al-Jasmi, the 45-year-old got Laverne Cox and the crowd on their feet when performing "Vision of Love" and her latest single "Infinity."Backed up by an entire band all dressed in white, Carey nailed all of her high notes and showed no signs of feeling under the weather just a few short days after canceling a performance.In true Mariah fashion, the musical diva couldn't just wear one outfit for the star-studded award show. Before hitting the stage, Mariah showed some serious leg in a little black dress. She completed her look by wearing her signature butterfly ring and diamond bracelets.The "Hero" and "Obsessed" crooner is no stranger to Las Vegas. In fact, the singer kicked off her residence at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace earlier this month."The rehearsals have been going really well. It's been mainly for me about the music and about how to incorporate the songs," Mariah shared with E! News just days before opening night. "Just because they were all number one records doesn't mean they all make an easy set list...a lot of ballads and up tempos. So it's difficult to make it work seamlessly."Thanks for the tease Sunday night, girl. But we're still going to the main event soon!http://www.eonline.com/news/657495/what-bronchitis-mariah-carey-hits-all-the-right-notes-when-performing-infinity-at-billboard-music-awards

I loved it. She's getting good press and reviews from most media outlets. And overall the response is good.

That video they played before her performance made me tear up. She's done so much and still here. :cry:

We could sit here and focus on the fact that J.Lo and Kylie looked unimpressed but what about Laverne Cox, Taylor Swift, Some blond lady they showed and the girl from Greys Anatomy who all looked like they were loving it? :lol:

Besides the Kardashians and J.Lo always look like that during performances. And even if they really didn't like it. What does that validate? :lol:

I just watched it again, she did her thing.

^ A lot of awesome performances posted!

-----

So each day, she's been uploading quick rants about her #1 music videos. I haven't watched this "Someday" rant just yet, but I KNOW the self-critic in her is gonna rip it to shreds. :lol: She's just not here for any of the pre-Fantasy vids lol

• Upvote 1

^ A lot of awesome performances posted!

-----

So each day, she's been uploading quick rants about her #1 music videos. I haven't watched this "Someday" rant just yet, but I KNOW the self-critic in her is gonna rip it to shreds. :lol: She's just not here for any of the pre-Fantasy vids lol

She literally starts off with "I hate it" :lmao:

:o I can't believe it! I've been waiting 6 years for this moment -- and it finally happened!

Mariah Carey just favorited my tweet! :excited: :excited:

CGes9jjUAAAfV2-.png

She just made my year ~ no, my LIFE!

tumblr_n8plt9KHQm1rygtoso1_400.gif

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!! YAS THOUGH!!!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!

She looks pretty in the video. I liked it. Simple.

I agree, I was hoping I'd like the video more than the song, I had a feeling I would.

:o I can't believe it! I've been waiting 6 years for this moment -- and it finally happened!

Mariah Carey just favorited my tweet! :excited: :excited:

CGes9jjUAAAfV2-.png

She just made my year ~ no, my LIFE!

tumblr_n8plt9KHQm1rygtoso1_400.gif

DianaYes2-vi.gif

YOU GO BOY!!!!! IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU MAN, THAT'S SO AWESOME!!!! LOOK AT YOU! THAT'S MA BOY!............Also go to the Lion Babe thread man lol