The Official Legendtina Aguilera Thread

Mr. Wonder

Amd then looks at what it did for Christina's song with A Great Big World... :coffee:

Back 2 Basics is better :coffee: , but hey then you have people who for some reason think Bionic is her best album ( :unsure:)

Idk why you telling him to look. You know if he doesn't care for an artist he's not gonna find anything positive even if it's right there in his face.

Amd then looks at what it did for Christina's song with A Great Big World... :coffee:

Back 2 Basics is better :coffee: , but hey then you have people who for some reason think Bionic is her best album ( :unsure:)

I love you boo....but on the real the entire concept behind "Back to Basics" is why and when I left her :coffee:

It's beyond being positive or negative.. It's a trend that doesn't work. Hasn't worked for JLo.. Hasn't worked for Cee-Lo.. Hasn't Worked for Usher.. Hasn't worked for Mariah..

You don't see Beyonce doing it.. She changed it up and surprised us.. You don't see Justin doing it.. You don't see a lot of top acts doing it.. And you all know why

I love you boo....but on the real the entire concept behind "Back to Basics" is why and when I left her :coffee:

Yea good luck with that then :coffee:

It's beyond being positive or negative.. It's a trend that doesn't work. Hasn't worked for JLo.. Hasn't worked for Cee-Lo.. Hasn't Worked for Usher.. Hasn't worked for Mariah..

You don't see Beyonce doing it.. She changed it up and surprised us.. You don't see Justin doing it.. You don't see a lot of top acts doing it.. And you all know why

Except nobody you named used the pedestal to their advantage, most of who you named only promoted their singles during the finales and no other times, and why that's a problem is because these finale shows are mini award shows with their peformance line ups so if it's not out of this world nobody will care, for the positioned to be used as a smart tool the way a few have you have to promote throughout the season... which leads me to..

That aukward moment when Maroon 5/Adam's new album just delivered 164k, opened @1, and has 2 top 10 hits while 7 seasons strong on the show and used the show to promote singles (that went on to be current hits), which proves it can be done which is all we need to show it can be done if used right. :coffee:

(and I'll add a "Yet" for each of the artists named........didn't see Nicki doing it either..but hey you just never know)

"Solo Projects" but since thats all you got... She helped a song.. Not an album.. And she's releasing a new album

That's the duo's own fault, they promoted the hell out of that song like they should've but the promo ended with that song and nothing else.

• Upvote 1

Except nobody you named used the pedestal to their advantage, most of who you named only promoted their singles during the finales and no other times, wheres....

That aukward moment when Maroon 5/Adam's new album just delivered while 7 seasons strong on the show and used the show to promote singles (that went on to be current hits), which proves it can be done which is all we need to show it can be done if used right. :coffee:

but Maroon 5 has a good reputation for making decent songs

10301534_638082642948194_632210385865905

but Maroon 5 has a good reputation for making decent songs

But they didn't have a history of back to back chart success  before The Voice came into the picture. Take a look at their chart success after Makes Me Wonder and before Moves Like Jagger (which came out right when The Voice started, coincidence?), the reputation of "making good songs" (1 that alot of these coaches share) means dick if you aren't cranking out the hits anymore like they were starting not to, yet when they signed up with the voice and has released and promoted nothing but top 10 hit after top 10 hit you can't just act like they always had it like that in terms of success. So there you go, anymore questions I can set straight for you?

Actually if you look at their charting discog they were starting to fall off before The Voice came into the picture. Take a look at their chart success after Makes Me Wonder and before Moves Like Jagger (which came out right when The Voice started, coincidence?), the reputation means dick if you aren't cranking out the hits anymore like they werent, yet they signed up with the voice and has released and promoted nothing but top 10 hit after top 10 hit, so there you go, anymore questions I can set straight for you?

I was just about to say that. They were already on their way out and flopping before the Voice even came about. You betta tell it Jarryl! :filenails:

I was just about to say that. They were already on their way out and flopping before the Voice even came about. You betta tell it Jarryl! :filenails:

RIGHT?! I been a fan & keeping score of Maroon 5 since album #1 and keeping track of what these Reality shows CAN do if used right for the celeb judges/coaches since they started joining, I am not the 1 lol

I tell you right now, if Christina does like she did her last season of the show, perform that 1st single on a Tuesday "Results Show", throw in a few more performances here & there, also perform the song on other shows and award shows with the right video, she can actually do the damn thing this go round like she didn't for Lotus, that's all Adam does, but check it, Maroon 5 almost never performs at The Voice Finale....I wonder why? Adam does tho, but he uses Maroon 5 for those Tuesdays (mostly, I mean has has brought them out for finale's in the early seasons I think), because they'll be the only stars performing that Tuesday thus a clear space to promote. That performance Christina did with A Great Big World that made that song hit the top 10...TUESDAY, that slaying Christina performance of Janet that EVERYBODY on EVERY show was talking about the next day...TUESDAY, The Do What U Want performance....on a finale....and tho most loved it....I bet if it were the ONLY performance that night, it would've had better results. I know what Im talkin bout lol I know this gme all too well :shifty:  :coffee:

BUT something is off since going talent show doesn't work for everyone it could be argued it gives you a spring board but if you suck you stay that way

Nope, even if you suck if you have a pedistool it should still be used. Hell you are aware that there are ALOT of people who hate Maroon 5 or think they suck yet.... Or take Britney & Nicole Schr-Pussycatdollsbitch for example, how many times did either perform their horrible music while judging the show?.........I'll wait.......no I won't, NONE, exactly. They had platforms to promote their shitty music and both didn't. Video teasers like Britney did when she judged was cute, and they help but a performance on the right night goes further.

Nope, even if you suck if you have a pedistool it should still be used. Hell you are aware that there are ALOT of people who hate Maroon 5 or think they suck yet.... Or take Britney & Nicole Schr-Pussycatdollsbitch for example, how many times did either perform their horrible music while judging the show?.........I'll wait.......no I won't, NONE, exactly. They had platforms to promote their shitty music and both didn't. Video teasers like Britney did when she judged was cute, and they help but a performance on the right night goes further.

ok so you believe that an artist could gets hit if they simply used these shows to openly promote their music......if it works that way then why do more not do it? I think artists only end up on these shows when they're washed up

ok so you believe that an artist could gets hit if they simply used these shows to openly promote their music......if it works that way then why do more not do it?

Because I think most of the artists think the shows & their millions of rattings would or should do all the work, and it's just not true, and it's just not enough it never has been really. And most save their music to promote for the finales, not realizing like I pointed out that's kind of the worst time to perform a new single for a judge (unless the single is already making waves), Usher made that horrible mistake with Good Kisser, had he performed that earlier in the season on a night when it was JUST him....maybe better resutls, the odds would've been better for sure.

Because I think most of the artists think the shows & their millions of rattings would or should do all the work, and it's just not true, and it's just not enough it never has been really.

i respectfully disagree these shows if they prove to be a hit offer artists that have hit career lows a salary that's good when they don't have music sales as an option to earn money....in other words they were already not doing well and using the show wasn't the idea, earning a buck was

Because I think most of the artists think the shows & their millions of rattings would or should do all the work, and it's just not true, and it's just not enough it never has been really. And most save their music to promote for the finales, not realizing like I pointed out that's kind of the worst time to perform a new single for a judge (unless the single is already making waves), Usher made that horrible mistake with Good Kisser, had he performed that earlier in the season on a night when it was JUST him....maybe better resutls, the odds would've been better for sure.

that's exactly what they think. I hate when artists don't promote their shit. After "Motivation" Kelly should've had a better selling album but she stopped promoting. Hell "Kisses Down Low" was even certified gold but she didn't even promote the album with performance on any shows or anything. She just let the shit sit there. She could've been big overseas but she just sat there. Same with Christina...she just sat there. I will say about J.Lo she performs and promotes her shit but the music is just horrible and no one gives 2 fucks about it :lol:

that's exactly what they think. I hate when artists don't promote their shit. After "Motivation" Kelly should've had a better selling album but she stopped promoting. Hell "Kisses Down Low" was even certified gold but she didn't even promote the album with performance on any shows or anything. She just let the shit sit there. She could've been big overseas but she just sat there. Same with Christina...she just sat there. I will say about J.Lo she performs and promotes her shit but the music is just horrible and no one gives 2 fucks about it :lol:

i think u guys make it sound like the artists can do whatever they want when most are under record companies and managers running the show or not in some cases

i respectfully disagree these shows if they prove to be a hit offer artists that have hit career lows a salary that's good when they don't have music sales as an option to earn money....in other words they were already not doing well and using the show wasn't the idea, earning a buck was

I don't quite see that as disagreeing, I never said every artist who signed up did just for better album sales, some do clearly do it and need it for the checks and relevance boost. Im saying for the artists that are trying  (or seem to be trying) to get back to making hits, theres a way you go about it for Levine results and a way not to.

I agree 100% about all of that on the Kelly point, it's like after Motivation she was done with the era promo wise and that kinda thing annoys me about her. Here was Christina's problem with Lotus, it's not that she sat there, she performed Make The World Move, Just A Fool, & Let there be love all on the voice......the problem tho....none of them were fucking singles at the time she was performing them, she was supposed to be performing Your Body while she was performing all those songs that weren't officially released at the time ( :sigh: !!!!!!). And yea the thing about Jen and her performing her bad music, she chooses the wrong times now, everytime she's chosen the right time she got a modest hit out of it.

i think u guys make it sound like the artists can do whatever they want when most are under record companies and managers running the show or not in some cases

Because they can really, if an artist doesn't want to perform an artist don't have to, you can't force an artist to perform, it's up to THEM more than it has to be for the company. Like do you think the company told Christina not to perform Your Body at all while she was on that season? NO, Christina flat out didn't...and that had more to do with her than the company that was trying so hard to move that single. The shows more than likely would have the judges perform more than the contestants with these shows because that brings in bigger numbers period, done right that's a win-win for everyone involved

Except nobody you named used the pedestal to their advantage, most of who you named only promoted their singles during the finales and no other times, and why that's a problem is because these finale shows are mini award shows with their peformance line ups so if it's not out of this world nobody will care, for the positioned to be used as a smart tool the way a few have you have to promote throughout the season... which leads me to..

That aukward moment when Maroon 5/Adam's new album just delivered 164k, opened @1, and has 2 top 10 hits while 7 seasons strong on the show and used the show to promote singles (that went on to be current hits), which proves it can be done which is all we need to show it can be done if used right. :coffee:

(and I'll add a "Yet" for each of the artists named........didn't see Nicki doing it either..but hey you just never know)

That's the duo's own fault, they promoted the hell out of that song like they should've but the promo ended with that song and nothing else.

Favorite this page.. This isn't Xtina's first run around with promoting via a fake talent show. One band.. You named one band.. Out of ten years of these shit shows, you named one band.. And you think Xtina is in the same position as Adam? :lol: Xtina is coming off 3 flops and a second baby daddy.

I don't care about a single

So you're saying a performance (and not a plug) goes further?

Exhibit A: http://youtu.be/WpXgBivSwTs

Favorite this page.. This isn't Xtina's first run around with promoting via a fake talent show. One band.. You named one band.. Out of ten years of these shit shows, you named one band.. And you think Xtina is in the same position as Adam? :lol: Xtina is coming off 3 flops and a second baby daddy.

I don't care about a single

Christina & Adam were almost on a same page when they both signed up for the show (in fact if you note the success & achievements Christina was more successful than Adam when they both signed up for the show). Again that's the only band that used it to their full advantage, every single time. And Blake has been coming up too, it's done more good for his career than before this show. Except this is only her 2nd time, and I already pointed out exactly how & why the 1st time was a bust boo. 3 Flops? I count 2....

:umm: That awkward moment when you just described your fav

But Ceelo & Shakira aren't my faves :umm:

So you're saying a performance (and not a plug) goes further?

Exhibit A: http://youtu.be/WpXgBivSwTs

Nope, saying they both go hand & hand, but to be on these shows and have your new music work you have to plug and promote and perform all season practically, simple as that, Adam is the proof in that system.

Exhibit A: FAIL, because if you read my analys I directly mentioned that the FINALE show is the worst time to promote a new single....care to guess which show this was?......Thus it's a fail because again I'll say the finale epsidoes of Idol & Voice are like award shows with their performance lineups, and is not a great time to premiere a new single

Exhibit B:

Exhibit B: FAIL, because Shakira only performed anything new or off her album 1 time.....not enough boo, if you check back to the original post I said "MULTIPLE performances throughout the season"

Exhibit C:

Lady Gaga

Exhibit C: Fail, for the same exact reason Exhibit A was a fail, finale show, there was too much going on that night, everybody loved this ofcourse but it should've come at least a week before.

Just to clarify because I see Ushers performance was a semi final, those count too. Bad time to premiere something new. He should've premiered Good Kisser on the show a good while before that.

Please take this time to re-read most of what I wrote already, I kinda-sorta squashed all of this above on the previous page...