Whitney Vrs Janet Who Has Had A Greater Impact..More Successful Or More Respected

Idrag4mj

Yeah at this point they're just grasping for straws out of an empty box.

Janet has more Billboard records than Whitney.

Janet has more records outside of sales and charts than Whitney.

They still haven't provided claims of Whitney's "impact". I guess you can count Whitney's epic Diane Sawyer interview where the infamous "crack is wack" and "I wanna see the receipts" quotes were integrated into pop/stan culture.

I don't see any of Whitney's iconic moments/images, granted she has any, being repeated in pop culture like Janet's '93 Rolling Stone cover.

They haven't shown any evidence of Whitney being praised for something other than her voice.

Out of the "Elite 5", Whitney is also the only one to NOT make Forbes Richest Women in Entertainment back in 2007. Who's the least successful one now?

None of Whitney's albums have seen the impact of say RN1814, where that album encouraged two girls to finish school. No artist of today has been referencing Whitney's albums as inspiration.

Janet's a major influence in dance, videos, albums, performances, and artistry. Whereas Whitney doesn't stem outside of singing.

In a world of entertainers, who do they think is more influential - Janet, an entertainer, or Whitney, a singer?

The only female that has matched Janet's impact is Madonna. That tea was clocked in the Australia interview where the reporter flat out said Madonna is the only other American female that had Janet's level of influence. And the shade is that was in 1993 where Whitney was at her peak.

The only time Whitney is brought up in a comparison is for singing. Whereas for Janet it's songs, albums, videos, dance, performance, and acting.

-_- I remember telling TOF that she should get the role if the movie's remade, but she probably wouldn't because she'd pop up on Sparkle while she's singing at the funeral. -_-

That is so wrong yet so true :lmao:

That's going to be my Halloween theme. I'm going to dress like Whitney and have that performance play every time I speak to someone. -_-

You are one twisted bitch and I LOVE you for it :lmao: :lmao:

I don't see why you're still going at it with them, because they're contradicting themselves. They tried to mention about you (or whoever) bringing up other artists that done better than Britney yet they used Madonna to downplay Janet. They tried to mention they don't care about artists having success in one place, but yet they brought up BoA who's only had real success in Japan (she has 2-3 songs that charted here in the States but her album didn't sell). And finally they say that they're both rebuilding their careers...Janet can, Whitney can't.

PUNCH! :lol:

Nasty Grove you need to reply to this..the post everybody there is co-signing ...

And for the record you're not going to go more support than me from anyone else here on CW. I love Janet and will say in a minute that I enjoy her albums more than Whitney's(although GH vs GH is equal). And yes Janet has had a very successful career, when Billboard ranked the top artists of the past 25 years, although they both made the top ten Janet ranked higher than Whitney. But you are making it seem like Janet is just miles ahead of Whitney in the Hot 100 record book and that is not the case, had Whitney focused more on music than movies in the 90's I would put some money that Whitney would have been the higher ranking singles artist. With all that said, Whitney still is MORE successful and has made the biggest impact. The reason why Whitney is bigger and had the bigger impact is because Whitney attached herself to bigger projects that made cultural moments in history as opposed to just being a pop artist(like Janet was). IWALY is a thriller, purple rain moment for Whitney, TBG was a big deal for a black female artist let alone an actress to achieve that kind of blockbuster success. Waiting to Exhale and The Preachers Wife are classics in the black community, Cinderella is now a classic. Everytime one of Whitneys movies come on, she pretty much becomes a trending topic, she trended twice two days in a row due to the Preachers Wife showing back to back earlier this week. I don't think i've ever seen Janet trend, seriously. Did Janet even get a Happy Birthday trend like Whitney, I don't remember but I don't think she did. Whitney's 91 SuperBowl performance is a cultural moment, in fact, the only time Janet has had a cultural moment when she was bigger than just a pop star is her own Super Bowl moment and that wasn't for a good reason. Whitney is just bigger point blank, in the US and worldwide. Janet has never even been the biggest female artist at one point, she was in Whitney's shadow 85-88 and again in 93. During Rhythm Nation she was competing with Paula whose album had outsold hers. Velvet Rope 97/98 era she was behind Mariah's Butterfly, Madonna, Ray of Light, Celine with Lets Talk about Love/Titanic and Shaniah. Maybe All For You out of the big 5 but she wasn't the biggest artist because the young artists were taking over Britney,Nsync & Destiny's Child. Janet doesn't even get the credit she deserves for what she has accomplished, where as Whitney has. I'm a member of Janet Xone as well and that is a big complaint over there. No one is recognizing Janet for her work, she hasn't received any major accolades honoring her past contributions, none that I am aware of(please correct me if i'm wrong, and yes I know about the defunct MTV's Icon honor). Janet fans are still waiting on her to get a freaking BET Lifetime Achievement Award, something we all know Whitney has already received. I'm sorry but as far as Black female icons, Whitney is #1, Janet is #2 and truth be told since her brother passed, Whitney probably is the biggest black icon alive worldwide. Janet and Prince can battle for #2.

LOFLOUD @ "Whitney being the biggest black icon alive since MJ died" OMG THEY ARE SERIOUSLY fucked in the head if they believe that for half a sec. I mean seriously, Whitney probably isnt in the top 3 for that. I mean she fell off BIG time, and hasnt had a hit song or album since the mid 90s. Whitney's a embarrassment now.

And for the record you're not going to go more support than me from anyone else here on CW. I love Janet and will say in a minute that I enjoy her albums more than Whitney's(although GH vs GH is equal). And yes Janet has had a very successful career, when Billboard ranked the top artists of the past 25 years, although they both made the top ten Janet ranked higher than Whitney. But you are making it seem like Janet is just miles ahead of Whitney in the Hot 100 record book and that is not the case, had Whitney focused more on music than movies in the 90's I would put some money that Whitney would have been the higher ranking singles artist.

Janet is miles ahead of Whitney on Billboard. :lol: Janet has one less #1 than Whitney on the Hot 100, while Janet has more cumulative weeks at #1, has more #1s on the R&B, Dance, and probably airplay chart than Whitney. Plus she has set more records on the Hot 100 and R&B chart than Whitney. Janet has out performed her and Billboard will cosign. If Whitney was gonna focus on films in the 90s, why did she only do two films after the TBG? Spare me.

With all that said, Whitney still is MORE successful and has made the biggest impact. The reason why Whitney is bigger and had the bigger impact is because Whitney attached herself to bigger projects that made cultural moments in history as opposed to just being a pop artist(like Janet was).

Whitney is NOT more successful, nor has she made the biggest impact. If Whitney is more successful, why is she the ONLY one of the 80s/90s gals to not make Forbes Richest Women in Entertainment back in 2007? Madonna, Celine, Mariah, and Janet were all in attendance. Where was Whitney? Again I ask, where the hell do you find Whitney in places other than American Idol? People are still mimicking Janet's Rolling Stone cover. Are artists today sampling any of Whitney's music like they are Janet's? Are artist mentioning Whitney's name in any of their songs like they are Janet's? Artists are still citing Janet's albums as inspirations. Artists are still trying to recreate/are inspired by her videos. Artists are still creating their own versions of Janet's legendary "Would You Mind" performance. Janet's impact will FOREVER outweigh Whitney's.

IWALY is a thriller, purple rain moment for Whitney,

Keep showing that you know nothing about MJ outside of his record sales. "Thriller" was more than just a popular album/video. And those albums are CLASSIC and WIDELY considered among the greatest ever released. The Bodyguard is NOT.

TBG was a big deal for a black female artist let alone an actress to achieve that kind of blockbuster success. Waiting to Exhale and The Preachers Wife are classics in the black community, Cinderella is now a classic. Everytime one of Whitneys movies come on, she pretty much becomes a trending topic, she trended twice two days in a row due to the Preachers Wife showing back to back earlier this week. I don't think i've ever seen Janet trend, seriously. Did Janet even get a Happy Birthday trend like Whitney, I don't remember but I don't think she did.

Ummm, Janet DID trend during her birthday. Janet trends EVERY TIME Poetic Justice comes on, it was just trending two weeks ago. And she was trending during Superbowl. KII @ those movies. Poetic Justice is more classic than both of those films anyway. And in time, WDIGM will become classic. :lol: And nothing Whitney related has trended in the past couple of months. I know, I'm on twitter every damn day.

Whitney's 91 SuperBowl performance is a cultural moment, in fact, the only time Janet has had a cultural moment when she was bigger than just a pop star is her own Super Bowl moment and that wasn't for a good reason.

And Janet's Superbowl moment shat all over Whitney's. :lmao: And :lmao: @ the Superbowl was the only time she had a cultural moment. Did they forget about RN1814? :lmao: And CNN just mentioned "wardrobe malfunction" today when discussing Nancy Grace on Dancing With The Stars. When's Whitney gonna coin a term that gets added to the WORLD lexicon? :filenails:

Whitney is just bigger point blank, in the US and worldwide. Janet has never even been the biggest female artist at one point, she was in Whitney's shadow 85-88 and again in 93. During Rhythm Nation she was competing with Paula whose album had outsold hers. Velvet Rope 97/98 era she was behind Mariah's Butterfly, Madonna, Ray of Light, Celine with Lets Talk about Love/Titanic and Shaniah. Maybe All For You out of the big 5 but she wasn't the biggest artist because the young artists were taking over Britney,Nsync & Destiny's Child. Janet doesn't even get the credit she deserves for what she has accomplished, where as Whitney has.

:lmao: @ them ignoring 1989-1991 when Janet collected Whitney, Mariah, Madonna, AND Celine's wig with RN1814.

:lmao: @ them ignoring 2001 when Janet outsold both Just Whitney and Glitter. And mind you TVR outsold MLIYL both stateside and worldwide, as did Madonna and Celine during that time.

:lmao: @ all of those other artists outselling Whitney during that time in the late 90s/early 00s too. :lmao:

:lmao: @ them bringing up Paula. Ummm:

normal_Billboard_Music_Awards_1990_(15).jpg

And the only time Whitney was the biggest female was in 1986. Because Madonna got her together with True Blue during Whitney in 1987, Janet got her together with RN1814 during IYBT in 1989-1991, Mariah, Madonna, Janet, and Celine all tugged on that wig from 97-2002. And she and Janet shared 1993/1994 because the janet. Tour was massive along with the album, the videos, and the RS cover. Her stans REALLY need to stop. :asham: And in 1997, The TVRTour out grossed Celine and Mariah's tours combined, along with Shania's. Now you tell me who was the biggest artist during that time? Popularity ain't judged by just record sales. There are other factors as well.

I'm a member of Janet Xone as well and that is a big complaint over there. No one is recognizing Janet for her work, she hasn't received any major accolades honoring her past contributions, none that I am aware of(please correct me if i'm wrong, and yes I know about the defunct MTV's Icon honor).

Well fuck you're at J|X. Any SANE Janet fans knows not to go there to get an object opinion of Janet's fan base. :lmao:

Janet fans are still waiting on her to get a freaking BET Lifetime Achievement Award, something we all know Whitney has already received. I'm sorry but as far as Black female icons, Whitney is #1, Janet is #2 and truth be told since her brother passed, Whitney probably is the biggest black icon alive worldwide. Janet and Prince can battle for #2.

:lmao: @ them bringing up BET. Stephen Hill already said she was considered but she had a show that day. So they went with Patti.

And why would we be stressed out over a BET Lifetime Achievement Award? Janet already has the top honor from the AMAs, the BMAs, the Recording Academy, the VMAs, the RMAs, the Kids Choice Awards, the Dutch Grammys, the NAACP Awards, the Soul Train Awards, the Lady of Soul Awards, the GLAAD Awards, the WMAs (for Outstanding Contribution to Pop & R&B Music, something Whitney has YET to receive), and inducted into the MOBO Hall of Fame. Her name has already been brought up for R&R Hall of Fame inductions. Whitney's name is an afterthought.

Funny how they CONTINUE to the ignore the fact that the only thing we use Whitney for is her voice 1986-2000. Where as for Janet it's for her albums, her videos, her performances, her songs, her tours, and her staging. That's how Janet's impact outweighs Whitney's because she's been more influential in more areas than Whitney.

On top of that, Whitney is NOBODY'S icon. Iconic for what? Her voice, maybe in the U.S., but worldwide Celine claims that throne. :lmao: @ Whitney being the biggest Black icon alive. Girl:

beyonce-live-concert-pics-2009-3.jpg

• Upvote 1

^^^Not even close. That would be Beyonce.

Whitney's big return after an 8 year hiatus, yet her album couldn't even scan platinum? Ch...

No Grammy nominations either, despite them releasing the album a day early to meet the Grammy deadline. No decent performances. Moderate reviews. Tour gets trashed. People walk out. A mess.