Official "Marvel and X-Men" Thread: Marvel finally confirms Queen and Goddess Storm as an Omega Level mutant!!!

JoeJoe

Jeansus Christ is all about global inclusion on her team.  So they sneak off to India to get the new mutant Trinary who is my new bff, .  Her Bollywood techno powers are awesome.  Shes a technopath and contacts Jean in Wakanda while shes in an Indian jail to come get her.  Jail Break!

Image-346.jpg

9mNqR1D.jpg?1

Bobby got his new team and called them B teamers to they face.....way to be shady day 1 Iceman.

tumblr_p58rvmJgmw1u4jpxvo1_500.jpg

4 hours ago, kidfresh832 said:

Jeansus Christ is all about global inclusion on her team.  So they sneak off to India to get the new mutant Trinary who is my new bff, .  Her Bollywood techno powers are awesome.  Shes a technopath and contacts Jean in Wakanda while shes in an Indian jail to come get her.  Jail Break!

Image-346.jpg

9mNqR1D.jpg?1

Bobby got his new team and called them B teamers to they face.....way to be shady day 1 Iceman.

tumblr_p58rvmJgmw1u4jpxvo1_500.jpg

Magma and Magik are some bad bitches!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am not surprised if true.  I mean it SHOULD be funny.  But, people have been complaining about Domino being black, and this X-force team roster has been questioned too.

2r2yd5u.gif

This bitch looks fierce and I am halfway here for her.  I cant tell if shes supposed to be Surge or what tho

Exclusive: Here’s Why ‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’ and ‘The New Mutants’ Were Delayed

Some curious news broke recently regarding two of 20th Century Fox’s upcoming superhero films. X-Men: Dark Phoenix, the next installment in the main X-Menfranchise, and the horror-tinged spinoff The New Mutants have both had their release dates delayed, moving Dark Phoenix out of 2018 entirely and pushing New Mutants all the way back to next summer. Dark Phoenix is being pushed out of its initial November 2018 debut to February 14, 2019, so just a couple of months, but New Mutants is being delayed from February 2019 all the way to August 2, 2019.

This was the second major delay for New Mutants, which was originally supposed to bow in April 2018, and the first delay for X-Men: Dark Phoenix. Studios shuffle release dates all the time, but these are two of Fox’s most highly anticipated films on the docket, so many are rightly wondering exactly why these release dates are being pushed. We did some digging and found some answers.

http://collider.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-new-mutants-release-date-delay-explained/

These productions sound like hot messes.  Reportedly 50% of New Mutants need to be re shot and add a new character.  And test audiences not feeling the scary.  They want it to be a real horror movie....but "good"

Dark Phoenix it sounds like standard reshoots but Sophie is booked for Game of Thrones shooting and shes putting off her Jonas brother wedding already for that.

On 3/27/2018 at 2:22 PM, kidfresh832 said:

Exclusive: Here’s Why ‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’ and ‘The New Mutants’ Were Delayed

Some curious news broke recently regarding two of 20th Century Fox’s upcoming superhero films. X-Men: Dark Phoenix, the next installment in the main X-Menfranchise, and the horror-tinged spinoff The New Mutants have both had their release dates delayed, moving Dark Phoenix out of 2018 entirely and pushing New Mutants all the way back to next summer. Dark Phoenix is being pushed out of its initial November 2018 debut to February 14, 2019, so just a couple of months, but New Mutants is being delayed from February 2019 all the way to August 2, 2019.

This was the second major delay for New Mutants, which was originally supposed to bow in April 2018, and the first delay for X-Men: Dark Phoenix. Studios shuffle release dates all the time, but these are two of Fox’s most highly anticipated films on the docket, so many are rightly wondering exactly why these release dates are being pushed. We did some digging and found some answers.

http://collider.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-new-mutants-release-date-delay-explained/

These productions sound like hot messes.  Reportedly 50% of New Mutants need to be re shot and add a new character.  And test audiences not feeling the scary.  They want it to be a real horror movie....but "good"

Dark Phoenix it sounds like standard reshoots but Sophie is booked for Game of Thrones shooting and shes putting off her Jonas brother wedding already for that.

Well they better reshoot that shit. They had to go back and reshoot Deadpool 2 cause of all the shitty reviews the test audience gave it.

9 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

goTJXmO.gif

Flop.

Jeansus Christ deserves better.  It's like female driven movies get the shitty end of the stick.

I wouldn't say female driven movies. I mean Lara Croft in Tomb Raider just came out and it bombed. Budget was $94 million and in it's 2nd weekend it's total is only $41 million. I will say it's doing great overseas though. IDK wassup with the American audience but overseas it made $167 million so total is $213 for now. I'm sure there's gonna be a sequel. I think it's cause of Black Panther's effect which is now the highest grossing super-hero film in America ever.

5 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

Well they better reshoot that shit. They had to go back and reshoot Deadpool 2 cause of all the shitty reviews the test audience gave it.

I wouldn't say female driven movies. I mean Lara Croft in Tomb Raider just came out and it bombed. Budget was $94 million and in it's 2nd weekend it's total is only $41 million. I will say it's doing great overseas though. IDK wassup with the American audience but overseas it made $167 million so total is $213 for now. I'm sure there's gonna be a sequel. I think it's cause of Black Panther's effect which is now the highest grossing super-hero film in America ever.

Black Panther got everyone shook huh? It's never a good sign when a movie gets pushed back.  And overseas markets really pushes a movie if it bombs in the US..so that's nothing new..

I can see the New Mutants flopping, but you have The Dark Phoenix saga, which is one of the most well known comic storyline of all time..I just can't @ this being a potential flop before it airs.

18 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

Black Panther got everyone shook huh? It's never a good sign when a movie gets pushed back.  And overseas markets really pushes a movie if it bombs in the US..so that's nothing new..

I can see the New Mutants flopping, but you have The Dark Phoenix saga, which is one of the most well known comic storyline of all time..I just can't @ this being a potential flop before it airs.

Lord I hope they don't fuck up these new X-Men movies. Bryan Singer is gone so we have hope. Y'all should really watch the show about Prof X's son called "Legion". It's good but the show "The Gifted" on fox about the X-Men is awesome! They have "Blink" from "Days of Future Past" in it, Magneto's daughter "Polaris". Both shows were renewed for a 2nd season.

4 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

Lord I hope they don't fuck up these new X-Men movies. Bryan Singer is gone so we have hope. Y'all should really watch the show about Prof X's son called "Legion". It's good but the show "The Gifted" on fox about the X-Men is awesome! They have "Blink" from "Days of Future Past" in it, Magneto's daughter "Polaris". Both shows were renewed for a 2nd season.

The Gifted is my shit.  I love it.  I love that Polaris is a bad ass in it, instead of some good girl..it's pretty good..and I haven't seen Legion yet..

Have you looked @ the Inhumans? I'm on episode 4, and it's ok.

3 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

The Gifted is my shit.  I love it.  I love that Polaris is a bad ass in it, instead of some good girl..it's pretty good..and I haven't seen Legion yet..

See the source image

That show was an embarrassment!  The acting, the special effects, the story hideous.

I don't even really like the Inhumans.  But they were downgraded from their own film to the worst Marvel tv show and it was cancelled quickly.

On 3/30/2018 at 4:40 AM, hotboy06 said:

Yeah I love Polaris in it too. She was willing to kill bitches lol. Nah I wasn't gonna even try to get into Inhumans because I know the real reason they were pushed to the forefront of Marvel. Nobody was checking for them before then. Hell I hadn't even heard of them until about 2yrs ago.

On 3/30/2018 at 7:50 AM, kidfresh832 said:

See the source image

That show was an embarrassment!  The acting, the special effects, the story hideous.

I don't even really like the Inhumans.  But they were downgraded from their own film to the worst Marvel tv show and it was cancelled quickly.

Boy I heard all the bad shit about the show. Everything from the horrible wigs to the cheap graphics lol. They were only here to get rid of the X-Men because of Marvel and Fox's fighting bullshit they had going on. Marvel was like well we're gonna try and kill off the X-Men cause we don't want you bitches at Fox making anymore money off of us since you won't give them back. That's why they tried to push wack ass Inhumans in the public's faces and we weren't here for it. There ain't no substitute for the X-Men baby!

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:50 AM, kidfresh832 said:

See the source image

I said it was ok. :rolleyes::lol: At least Ramsey Bolton was sexy in it. And it's cancelled, so it's no need to finish it.

Can 'Avengers: Infinity War' Deliver a Record Opening Weekend?

by Brad Brevet

April 26, 2018

FRIDAY AM UPDATE: Disney and Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War delivered a massive $39 million from Thursday evening previews last night. The performance is the fourth largest Thursday night preview ever and the largest for any film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, ahead of Captain America: Civil War ($25M), Black Panther ($25.2M) and Avengers: Age of Ultron ($27.6M).

In addition to its domestic start, the film has now brought in $95 million in its first two days in international release from 43 markets led by South Korea with $11.4 million. Looking at yesterday's new openers, Brazil led the way with a record $4.8 million, the largest opening day in the market ever, the UK delivered the largest MCU opening day with $8.9 million and Infinity War brought in $3.2 million in Germany, the highest superhero opening day of all-time in that market.

We'll take a closer look at things tomorrow morning once Friday estimates come in. For now you can check out our weekend preview below.

WEEKEND PREVIEW: Following the record-breaking, $207.4 million opening for The Avengers in May of 2012, it took three years for another film to top the $200 million mark when Jurassic World debuted with $208.8 million in June 2015. Later that year Star Wars: The Force Awakens would go on to deliver the largest opening weekend ever, coming just shy of $250 million, en route to a domestic run topping $936 million. Since then, two more films have topped the $200 million mark over the course of their opening weekend in the recent releases of Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Black Panther, and with the release of Avengers: Infinity War this weekend, it isn't so much a question of whether it will be the third film in the last five months to open over $200 million, but can it threaten Force Awakens's all-time record?

Debuting in over 4,470 locations, Avengers: Infinity War will be the widest debut for a film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe ever, topping the 4,380 theaters Iron Man 2 opened in back in May of 2010. Compared to the $200+ million openings for Avengers and Black Panther, Avengers opened in 4,349 locations while Black Panther debuted in just 4,020, delivering a $50,250 per theater average with its opening. If Infinity War is to top the nearly $248 million opening for Force Awakens this weekend it won't need that film's $59,982 per theater average, but it is likely to need an average over $55,000 depending on what the final theater count ends up being and whether it tops the record, 4,529 theaters Despicable Me 3 opened in last summer.

Studio expectations are for a $210+ million debut, which would be enough to make it, at the very least, the third highest opening of all-time. Among previous $200+ million openers, IMDb page view data shows the film outperforming The Last Jedi and Black Panther over the two weeks leading up to release and just surpassed Jurassic World as well as outperforming Captain America: Civil War, which debuted with $179.1 million in 2016. And looking at just the past few days, the only $200+ million opener it's pacing behind is The Force Awakens.

From a critical standpoint, reviews on RottenTomatoes currently give the film an 87% rating and on Metacritic the film holds a score of 68. While these are nowhere near the highest marks among films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the reviews seem unlikely to have any major effect on the box office one way or another, but they could suggest a somewhat softer word of mouth than possibly expected.

Overall, while it wouldn't be surprising to see Infinity War deliver the largest opening weekend of all-time, it seems like a daunting task. When The Force Awakens debuted it was the first new live-action film in the Star Wars franchise in ten years and while Infinity War is being billed as the culmination of ten years of films in the MCU, there have been 18 films released within that franchise over the course of those ten years. Make no mistake, Infinity War will be a monster at this weekend's box office, and we're anticipating a performance anywhere from $225-250 million for the three-day, but hitting the higher end of that range may prove difficult.

Internationally, Infinity War began hitting theaters yesterday with $39 million as it debuted in South Korea, France, Italy, Sweden, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Thailand and many others. The film opened at #1 in all markets, including a $6.7 million debut in Australia, the second highest opening day in industry history behind just Force Awakens. The $6.5 million opening in South Korea is the largest opening day in the market ever, along with a $3.9 million opening in both France and Italy and a record $2.7 million debut in the Philippines.

By the end of the weekend the film will have opened in ~72% of the international marketplace, with only key territories such as Russia (May 3) and China (May 11) remaining. Examining the same suite of territories based on today's exchange rates, The Avengers opened to $189 million while Captain America: Civil War opened to $231 million and Avengers: Age of Ultron opened to $254 million. All told, depending on just how high Infinity War climbs, it could have a shot at becoming only the fourth film to have ever delivered a worldwide opening over $500 million. The major difficulty will be doing hitting that mark without China, a feat accomplished by Force Awakens alone.

A Quiet Place should land in the runner-up position. We're currently anticipating it will be the only film on the rest of the weekend charts to deliver double digits over the weekend, finishing around $10.3 million over its fourth weekend as it continues its impressive run, looking at a domestic cume just shy of $150 million domestically by the end of the weekend.

Warner Bros. and New Line's Rampage is likely to feel the effect of Infinity War as we're expecting a drop around 56%, if not higher, and a third weekend gross right around $9 million, which would put the film's domestic cume just over $80 million after 17 days in release.

Fourth place should go to Amy Schumer's I Feel Pretty and while we're currently expecting a drop right around 45%, we wouldn't surprised if this one held on just a bit better and possibly well enough to leap-frog Rampagefor a third place finish. Right now we're expecting a three-day just shy of $9 million, finishing the weekend with a domestic cume over $30 million.

Rounding out the top five is Fox Searchlight's Super Troopers 2, which we're expecting to dip over 60% this weekend for a $5+ million three-day. Come the end of the weekend the film's domestic cume should be just short of $25 million, nearly doubling its $13.5 million production budget after just ten days in release.

This weekend's forecast is directly below. This post will be updated on Friday morning with Thursday night preview results followed by Friday estimates on Saturday morning, and a complete weekend recap on Sunday morning.

• Avengers: Infinity War - $230.0 M
  • A Quiet Place - $10.2 M
  • Rampage - $9.0 M
  • I Feel Pretty - $8.9 M
  • Super Troopers 2 - $5.9 M
  • Truth or Dare - $3.7 M
  • Ready Player One - $3.4 M
  • Blockers - $3.4 M
  • Black Panther - $2.9 M
  • Isle Of Dogs - $1.7 M

'Avengers: Infinity War' Opens with Record Shattering $250M Domestically & $630M Worldwide

by Brad Brevet

April 29, 2018

Audiences assembled worldwide as Disney and Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War broke both the domestic opening weekend box office record and worldwide opening record with a massive $250 million domestically and $630 million worldwide. In its wake, the majority of films on the weekend box office chart fell dramatically, though fellow Marvel Cinematic Universe release Black Panther improved its position from eighth place last weekend to a spot in this weekend's top five, truly making this a Marvel-ous weekend.

Infinity War's opening weekend bests the previous record of $247.9 million set by Star Wars: The Force Awakens back in December 2015 by just over $2 million, but it's also worth mentioning Disney under-estimated Black Panther's $202 million opening by nearly $10 million on Sunday. The studio also under-estimated The Avengers's performance by $7 million and under-estimated Avengers: Age of Ultron by $3.6 million. As such, don't be surprised to see Infinity War's debut blossom come actuals on Monday afternoon. At this moment, the film accounts for 84.4% of the domestic top twelve, second only to Ultron's 84.5% market share.

GET MORE: Compare Infinity War's opening weekend to fellow $200M+ openers!

Additional domestic records of note include the largest single Saturday gross, largest single Sunday gross, largest April opening, largest Spring opening, widest PG-13 release and fastest film to $150, $200 and $250 million.

Internationally, Infinity War delivered a monstrous $380 million from approximately 72% of the international marketplace. The debut is the second largest to Fate of the Furious though its important to note that film had the benefit of China grosses over its opening weekend, which represented $185 million (41.7%) of its $443 million international debut. Altogether, Infinity War's global debut reached $630 million, shattering the previous recordof $541.9 million set by Fate of the Furious and doing so without China, where the film will open on May 11.

Highlights from Infinity War's international debut include #1 openings in all territories led by the UK with $42.2m followed by South Korea ($39.2m*), Mexico ($25.1m*), Australia ($23.0m), Brazil ($18.8m*), India ($18.6m), France ($17.7m), Germany ($14.7m), Philippines ($12.5m*), Italy ($11.0m), Thailand ($10.0m*), Indonesia ($9.6m*), Taiwan ($9.5m), Japan ($9.0m), Malaysia ($8.4m*) and Spain ($8.3m). The film also delivered the #1 international IMAX debut ever, excluding China, with a total of $41 million globally from $22.5 million domestically and $18.5 internationally. Prior to the film's opening in China, Infinity War will open in Russia next weekend.

Looking ahead, Infinity War received an "A" CinemaScore from opening day audiences. Audiences were 58% male with 58% of the overall audience coming in over the age of 25. In terms of what to expect domestically, using multipliers from previous films in the MCU, a domestic performance over $600 million seems a given, but how much higher than that is unclear. A performance similar to Avengers: Age of Ultron would actually result in a domestic run right at $600 million, while comparisons to only Captain America: Civil War and Iron Man 3would result in a domestic total below that mark.

All told, Infinity War's estimated $630 million worldwide opening means the 19 films so far released in the Marvel Cinematic Universe have now amassed nearly $15.5 billion combined.

Finishing in second is Paramount's A Quiet Place, serving as the only film on the weekend chart to top double digits in the face of Infinity War. The film brought in an estimated $10.65 million for a cume just a couple million shy of $150 million. Looking at the list of supernatural horror films, this makes A Quiet Place the fifth largest ever and it will soon top 2000's What Lies Beneath ($155.4m).

Internationally, A Quiet Place added an estimated $6.6 million this weekend from 57 markets, pushing the international cume to $87.2 million for a worldwide tally topping $235 million.

STX's I Feel Pretty landed in third, delivering an estimated $8.1 million for its sophomore session, a 49% drop compared to last weekend, resulting in a cume that currently sits just shy of $30 million.

In fourth is Warner Bros.'s and New Line's Rampage, which dropped a hefty 65% for an estimated $7.1 millionweekend and a domestic cume that now stands at $77.9 million. Internationally, Rampage added an estimated $16.2 million this weekend, pushing its international total to $256.7 million for a global cume totaling $334.6 million. The film opens in France this coming Wednesday.

Rounding out the top five is Disney and Marvel's Black Panther, which enjoyed a nice bump thanks to its fellow MCU title, delivering an estimated $4.38 million, signaling just an 11% drop compared to last weekend as the film's cume is now at a massive $688 million domestically. This is also the first time since The Incredible Hulkdebuted in 2008 that two films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe find themselves in the weekend top ten at the same time.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4393&p=.htm

Cassandra Nova has taken over Jean's homegirl Storm to come for her and the rest of Jean's team in Wakanda

x-men_red_4_page_1.jpg?itok=WosIUUte

x-men_red_4_page_2.jpg?itok=9weQTmkI

x-men_red_4_page_3.jpg?itok=gcSxYqFz

x-men_red_4_page_4.jpg?itok=8eiTuLuz

Aww Jeansus will not allow Storm to be attacked.  "You Will not touch her!"  Set her straight baby!

Yass at Storm blowing her ex husband away like the prenup!

Woo the gals getting ready.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kidfresh832 said:

Cassandra Nova has taken over Jean's homegirl Storm to come for her and the rest of Jean's team in Wakanda

x-men_red_4_page_1.jpg?itok=WosIUUte

x-men_red_4_page_2.jpg?itok=9weQTmkI

x-men_red_4_page_3.jpg?itok=gcSxYqFz

Aww Jeansus will not allow Storm to be attacked.  "You Will not touch her!"  Set her straight baby!

Damn! Shit is about to go down and Storm ain't no punk ass weak bitch! :lol:

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2018 at 10:46 PM, JoeJoe said:

Damn! Shit is about to go down and Storm ain't no punk ass weak bitch! :lol:

On 5/11/2018 at 6:52 AM, kidfresh832 said:

What ever happened with this panel?

On 6/20/2018 at 8:26 PM, kidfresh832 said:

Rogue and gambit got surprised married at Colossus and shadow cat's failed wedding! How cute. 

Mr-and-Mrs-X-1-cover.jpg

Bout time!!!