The Official "Award Season" thread: GAME OF THRONES MAKES HISTORY AT EMMYS 2019

hotboy06

:shifty:

i'm mad at her for not wanting to do a sequel. so, i'm salty. :hmph:

just let melissa have her moment ( :sigh: ) eventhough octavia is going to slay. :excited:

:rolleyes: I'm glad there isn't a sequel tbqh. I don't want another Hangover pt. 2. It will feel forced.

No, I adored Melissa, but I don't jump on bandwagons. She was good, but I just enjoyed Kristen Wiig more..especially on the airplane when she swore she seen a colonial woman on the wing of the plane.. :lmao::lmao::lmao: I literally laughed for 5 minutes and kept rewinding back the dvd to make sure I heard her correctly. Random shit like that makes me laugh..out of all the things she could see, a fucking Colonial woman.

And yes, Octavia will win the Oscar. :dance:

We Need To Talk About Kevin should have finished off the Best Picture list, it was so good. Tilda Swinton should have replaced Rooney Mara too but it doesn't matter -- Meryl knew what she was doing taking on a movie with that kind of character-acting and accent.

I also think The Tree Of Life may win for Best Picture and will definitely win for Best Director. Has anyone else seen it?

We Need To Talk About Kevin should have finished off the Best Picture list, it was so good. Tilda Swinton should have replaced Rooney Mara too but it doesn't matter -- Meryl knew what she was doing taking on a movie with that kind of character-acting and accent.

I also think The Tree Of Life may win for Best Picture and will definitely win for Best Director. Has anyone else seen it?

I said the same thing about Tilda not being nominated. But it seems Meryl may finally get her third Oscar.

R u sure that it will be an upset in those categories? :unsure: I haven't seen it yet, but the reviews weren't all that great.

I said the same thing about Tilda not being nominated. But it seems Meryl may finally get her third Oscar.

R u sure that it will be an upset in those categories? :unsure: I haven't seen it yet, but the reviews weren't all that great.

Have you seen Dragon Tattoo? I think so too. Her only competition is Glenn Close and they always shut her ass out lmao.

They were polarized at first but it has very high marks on Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes, and it won the highest honor at Cannes. For Best Director, I'm almost positive, and I think it has a shot at Best Picture but who knows with that one.

Have you seen Dragon Tattoo? I think so too. Her only competition is Glenn Close and they always shut her ass out lmao.

They were polarized at first but it has very high marks on Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes, and it won the highest honor at Cannes. For Best Director, I'm almost positive, and I think it has a shot at Best Picture but who knows with that one.

No, I haven't seen any of the films yet. I will get it out the way before the Oscars on the 26th. I know I won't see "The Artist"..Chh..

I had high hopes for Glenn Close to win, but she won't this year. It's between Meryl and Viola and the slight edge goes to Meryl. I'm wishing Viola Davis could win or they tie.

Has the film garnered any relevant awards though? :unsure:

I just noticed that all of these ceremonies have shut out Kirsten Dunst and Melancholia. She should be an unquestionable Best Actress contender, even before Tilda. Her performance was fantastic.

No, I haven't seen any of the films yet. I will get it out the way before the Oscars on the 26th. I know I won't see "The Artist"..Chh..

I had high hopes for Glenn Close to win, but she won't this year. It's between Meryl and Viola and the slight edge goes to Meryl. I'm wishing Viola Davis could win or they tie.

Has the film garnered any relevant awards though? :unsure:

lmao yes.

Oh you'd rather Viola win?

The Cannes Film Festival is relevant Hotsy. :rolleyes:

I just noticed that all of these ceremonies have shut out Kirsten Dunst and Melancholia. She should be an unquestionable Best Actress contender, even before Tilda. Her performance was fantastic.

lmao yes.

Oh you'd rather Viola win?

The Cannes Film Festival is relevant Hotsy. :rolleyes:

Kirsten Dunst was an early favorite and was getting Oscar buzz a long time ago. I wondered what happened to the momentum?

I'm on the fence. Meryl has two Oscars..and although it's been a gazillion years since she's won, I'd rather someone who also had a great year in a film could get one. But it's about the performance and it looks like Meryl has the slight edge. I wish there could be a tie in the category for both Meryl and Viola. I'ma call it. -_-

Oh ok. :shifty:

Kirsten Dunst was an early favorite and was getting Oscar buzz a long time ago. I wondered what happened to the momentum?

I'm on the fence. Meryl has two Oscars..and although it's been a gazillion years since she's won, I'd rather someone who also had a great year in a film could get one. But it's about the performance and it looks like Meryl has the slight edge. I wish there could be a tie in the category for both Meryl and Viola. I'ma call it. -_-

Oh ok. :shifty:

idk, it was well-deserved. That was a hard role to play too.

I see that. Watch one of the two footnotes win. :rolleyes:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57364682-10391698/oscar-nominations-2012-snubs-and-surprises/

Best Picture:

"The Artist"

"The Descendants"

"Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close"

"The Help"

"Hugo"

"Midnight in Paris"

"Moneyball"

"The Tree of Life"

"War Horse"

Best Actor:

Demian Bichir, "A Better Life"

George Clooney, "The Descendants"

Jean Dujarin, "The Artist"

Gary Oldman, "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy"

Brad Pitt, "Moneyball"

Best Actress:

Glenn Close, "Albert Nobbs"

Viola Davis, "The Help"

Rooney Mara, "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"

Meryl Streep, "The Iron Lady"

Michelle Williams, "My Week with Marilyn"

Best Supporting Actor:

Kenneth Branagh, "My Week with Marilyn"

Jonah Hill, "Moneyball"

Nick Nolte, "Warrior"

Christopher Plummer, "Beginners"

Max von Sydow, "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close"

Best Supporting Actress:

Berenice Bejo, "The Artist"

Jessica Chastain, "The Help"

Melissa McCarthy, "Bridesmaids"

Janet McTeer, "Albert Nobbs"

Octavia Spencer, "The Help"

Best Directing:

Michel Hazanavicius, "The Artist"

Alexander Payne, "The Descendants"

Martin Scorsese, "Hugo"

Woody Allen, "Midnight in Paris"

Terrence Malick, "The Tree of Life"

Best Foreign Language Film:

"Bullhead" (Belgium)

"Footnote" (Israel)

"In Darkness" (Poland)

"Monsieur Lazhar" (Canada)

"A Separation" (Iran)

Best Adapted Screenplay:

Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon and Jim Rash, "The Descendants"

John Logan, "Hugo"

George Clooney, Grant Heslov and Beau Willimon, "The Ides of March"

Steven Zaillian, Aaron Sorkin and Stan Chervin, "Moneyball"

Bridget O'Connor and Peter Straughan

"Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy"

Best Original Screenplay:

Michel Hazanavicius, "The Artist"

Annie Mumolo and Kristen Wiig, "Bridesmaids"

J.C. Chandor, "Margin Call"

Woody Allen, "Midnight in Paris"

Asghar Farhadi, "A Separation"

Best Animated Feature Film

"A Cat in Paris"

"Chico & Rita"

"Kung Fu Panda 2"

"Puss in Boots"

"Rango"

Best Art Direction:

"The Artist"

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2"

"Hugo"

"Midnight in Paris"

"War Horse"

Best Cinematography:

"The Artist"

"The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo"

"Hugo"

"The Tree of Life"

"War Horse"

Best Sound Mixing:

"Hugo"

"Moneyball"

"Transformers: Dark of the Moon"

"War Horse"

Best Sound Editing:

"Drive"

"Hugo"

"War Horse"

Best Original Score:

"The Adventures of Tintin," John Williams

"The Artist," Ludovic Bource

"Hugo," Howard Shore

"Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy," Alberto Iglesias

"War Horse," John Williams

Best Original Song:

"Man or Muppet" from "The Muppets," Bret McKenzie

"Real in Rio" from "Rio," Sergio Mendes, Carlinhos Brown and Siedah Garrett.

Best Costume:

"Anonymous"

"The Artist"

"Hugo"

"Jane Eyre"

"W.E"

Best Documentary Feature:

"Hell and Back Again"

"If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front"

"Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory"

"Pina"

"Undefeated"

Best Documentary (short subject):

"The Barber of Birmingham: Foot Soldier of the Civil Rights Movement"

"God is the Bigger Elvis"

"Incident in New Baghdad"

"Saving Face"

"The Tsunami and the Cherry Blossom"

Best Film Editing:

"The Artist"

"The Descendants"

"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"

"Hugo"

"Moneyball"

Best Makeup:

"Albert Nobbs"

"The Iron Lady"

Best Animated Short Film:

"Dimanche/Sunday"

"The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore"

"La Luna"

"A Morning Stroll"

"Wild Life"

Best Live Action Short Film:

"Pentecost"

"Raju"

"The Shore"

"Time Freak"

"Tuba Atlantic"

Best Visual Effects

"Hugo"

"Real Steel"

"Rise of the Planet of the Apes"

The Academy Awards ceremony will be presented on Sunday, Feb. 26, 2012, at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles, hosted by Billy Crystal.

I have no clue why Moneyball got nominations other than it gets Angelina and Brad to show up most likely. That movie was totally overrated.

I did not like it, I still have The Descendants and The Artist to watch, I'm not that big on George Clooney though, movies that came were weak with the exception of "The Help"

gurl he is not the biz, he never was as an actor, it's some folks that will never get an Oscar, Brad Pitt is another one they don't want him to get an Oscar either

And your reason for this is what? Brad deserves one, too. They will both be tremendous actors at the end of the day, with or without the award, but I would love to see them get at least one each.

I don't know. He is the actor of our generation.

Exactly, thank you. Maybe he will get it for his next role as Jay Gatsby in "The Great Gatsby". I read the book, and if the script is written correctly, I know he will play a perfect Jay.