Scriptures From The Holy Book Of Janhova

Mr. Wonder

1. Janet sampled Evelyn "Champagne" King's "I'm In Love" for "R&B Junkie".

2. Janet sampled Herbie Hancock for "All Nite (Don't Stop)".

4. Kenya West produced and featured himself on "My Baby".

I'll have to come back to the others.

On top of Austins

5. I THINK that's BT Expres which had a song sampled on I Want You.I thought it was LaToya with the brothers for a second :lmao:. EDIT It is them. I'll admit I went to look this up eventually.

6. Babyface wrote/produced Thinkin Bout My Ex

7. Strawberry Bounce samples Jay Z's "Can I Get A"

10. Damita Jo? Though that's far too easy. I feel like I'm missing the clue :unsure:

1. Janet sampled Evelyn "Champagne" King's "I'm In Love" for "R&B Junkie".

2. Janet sampled Herbie Hancock for "All Nite (Don't Stop)".

4. Kenya West produced and featured himself on "My Baby".

I'll have to come back to the others.

Nice start. :thumbup: Not sure who Kenya is, though. :coffee:

On top of Austins

5. I THINK that's BT Expres which had a song sampled on I Want You.I thought it was LaToya with the brothers for a second :lmao:. EDIT It is them. I'll admit I went to look this up eventually.

6. Babyface wrote/produced Thinkin Bout My Ex

7. Strawberry Bounce samples Jay Z's "Can I Get A"

10. Damita Jo? Though that's far too easy. I feel like I'm missing the clue :unsure:

You got them all. And yeah, the last one was that easy. :lol:

8! Alishas fucking Attic! How did I miss that? I remember their cover of Still Life :lol: I had to look up what they did on the album though. SloLove?

Yes! I thought that one my throw some people. One of them wrote 'SloLove' and the other wrote 'Put Your Hands On'.

3. I had to ask my friend what Neologism means. That is Sexhibition i.e. a new word lol.

I@m completely lost on 9

That was probably my favourite clue. :lol:

Honestly, 9 is the toughest one there. -_-

• 1 month later...

Can we take a minute and rejoice in Janet's epic shade?

"I think what I do, has class to it."

"They shipped it, but it got shipped back."

Matt: You're gonna compete with artists like Beyonce, Christina Aguilera, and Shakira. At 40, how much pressure do you feel when you release a new album?

Janet: I don't feel any pressure at all. I've been in the game for 20 years......plus.

"I like the Gaga that sits behind the piano."

:tear::lmao:

Matt: You're gonna compete with artists like Beyonce, Christina Aguilera, and Shakira. At 40, how much pressure do you feel when you release a new album?

Janet: I don't feel any pressure at all. I've been in the game for 20 years......plus.

My fave part of the interview. I hate when reporters try it with the legendary artists who happen to be older than the newer girls and they think that they are bothered by them..The look Janet had was priceless.. :wub:

My fave part of the interview. I hate when reporters try it with the legendary artists who happen to be older than the newer girls and they think that they are bothered by them..The look Janet had was priceless.. :wub:

Whilst a certain old gal stays pressed about a certain new gal :whistle:

:cry: I still can't believe Janet said this. :lmao:

Her expressions too. I still can't with the Piers Morgan interview.

Whilst a certain old gal stays pressed about a certain new gal :whistle:

tumblr_m7yi5rQ4P61qb3tofo1_500.jpg

It's the pause before the "plus" that adds to the shade. :tear:

• 2 months later...

23094_lg.jpg

The other day I found myself staring at this picture in complete awe at how transcendent and downright gorgeous it is. This cover is arguably the most iconic and parodied magazine cover in the history of print media. The stan in me has accepted that statement as fact. -_- But in any event, Janet single-handedly scored for the feminist movement by posing on the cover of music entertainment's premiere magazine topless wearing nothing but jeans, sheer sex appeal, confidence, innocence, and a naughty girl image wrapped up into one. With this cover, Janet ushered in a new wave of females wearing their sexuality on their sleeve and showing the world women are sexual beings capable of simultaneously being sexual and empowered. Because of the barrier being broken, we have female artists posing half-nude (although some rather unpleasant to the eye) on magazine covers, album covers, etc.

So just to measure the impact of this cover, I wanted to do an annual time line from the first print to now. So help me fill in the years if we can:

normal_Patti_Davis_For_Playboy.jpg

normal_Republican_Newt_Gingrich.jpg

Next_Generation_Magazine.jpg

normal_Pregnancy_Magazine_November_2008.jpg

normal_Kathy_Griffin_For_Out_Magazine.jpg

normal_Melanie_Scary_Spice_Brown.jpg