The Janet Jackson Praise Thread

Mr. Wonder

Ciara says she wishes she made the videos for "Rhythm Nation" and "If I Was Your...wait a minute 'If I'.....what is it called?....Ok If" :coffee:

http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/2010/12/03/ciara-interview-mtv-buzzworthy-vide/

She knew the damn title of song..she did more than what's required..

Unless she was singing the hook.. :rolleyes:

But she sounded sincere about our lord and saviors videos. I guess I won't drag the lesser girls as much now..they all have said wonderful things about Janhova..

She knew the damn title of song..she did more than what's required..

Unless she was singing the hook.. :rolleyes:

But she sounded sincere about our lord and saviors videos. I guess I won't drag the lesser girls as much now..they all have said wonderful things about Janhova..

:lol: I don't know why she was acting like she don't have Janet's videos on repeat :lol: But I think she genuinely forgot -_-

• 2 weeks later...

Keri again

The new single, “Pretty Girl Rock,” feels like the female empowerment songs of TLC. Were they a big inspiration for the song and the album?

Absolutely! For that time, that was very controversial. For that time, it was very different. And I think that a lot of women gravitated toward and related to TLC. But think of Janet Jackson. Think of Madonna. Even recently, think of Lady Gaga or Christina Aguilera. I’m not saying I’m that stature of an artist; I would obviously like to be. I think if more women see this feminine energy — visually, emotionally, sonically — they will learn to understand. Even if it shocks them right now in this moment.

J. Lo on Janet

Any other big music influences in your life? —Lauren Sam, Philadelphia

I love a good lyricist—always have. The thing that inspired me most was the different performers, like Tina Turner, James Brown, Michael Jackson, Madonna, even Janet Jackson. I always loved the idea of mixing music and dance.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1673250,00.html

'Vampire Diaries' star Kat Graham teases Janet Jackson cover and talks talented co-stars

While that song won't be released as a single, Graham does have one more cover to release this month, before she turns her focus exclusively to original material (one of her 2011 New Year's Resolutions!).

"It's a Janet Jackson song. I won't say which one it is," she teases. "We had Laurieann Gibson, who is an amazing choreographer, choreograph it, and Bille Woodruff, who directed me in ['Honey 2'] directed it. It's going to be massive. It'll be fun! I'm kind of that little girl who would dance in the mirror in her underwear to all her songs, and now I'm at a point where I can put it on record and make videos to it, so that's really all it is."

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/01/vampire-diaries-star-kat-graham-teases-janet-jackson-cover-and-talks-talented-co-stars.html

MC Lyte:

“I was totally psyched to be in a video with Janet Jackson. The only thing I wish I did know how to do was dance [laughs]. Have I been able to dance I could have really participated. By that time, Janet and I were friends. It was just a matter of her asking if I wanted to do it. I was just about to go on tour with her and do her U.S. leg. Coupled with that, they asked me to do a song with her that we could perform while we were on that tour. The tour was definitely huge. Touring with Janet actually showed me what it can be like and what we as performers should be treated like and how not to take any shorts.”

Japanese icon and J-pop legend Namie Amuro

Another hiatus of sorts was broken in December 2003 when Amuro released her first album of original material in three years, Style, an album with a marginally more gritty R&B edge that took her closer in sound to her musical idol, Janet Jackson.

http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/amuro_namie/artist.jhtml

16 year old Brandy praises Janet

Two of your favorite artists are Whitney Houston and Janet Jackson. Is it fair to say that you are a blend between the two of them?

Yes, actually I want to be Whitney Houston the singer and Janet Jackson the performer. I do Whitney a lot but I wanna move like Janet and sing just like Whitney Houston.

http://necolebitchie.com/2011/01/21/bitchie-throwback-what-celebrity-did-brandy-want-to-marry/#more-111793