Discography Chat: Destiny's Child

jarrylf

17 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite Destiny's Child album?

• Destiny's Child (1998)
    • The Writings On The Wall (1999)
    • Survivor (2001)
    • 8 Day's Of Christmas (2001)
    • Destiny Fulfilled (2004)

tumblr_lezf8q2tmc1qej93ko1_500.gif

Kelly was killing it that era! Her look, weave, moves, swagger - she switched it way up that era!

Kelly is my bitch. I've always liked her the most. A lot of people were up Beyonce's ass and didn't notice Kelly until Destiny Fulfilled, but I always preferred her. I always thought she was the prettiest.

Kelly is my bitch. I've always liked her the most. A lot of people were up Beyonce's ass and didn't notice Kelly until Destiny Fulfilled, but I always preferred her. I always thought she was the prettiest.

I never really had a favourite but I rooted for Kelly as a solo artist more. Now I'm not assed how well they do - as long as I like the music.

From what I gathered, alot of people liked the lesser girls more than Beyonce..I hated Kelly..especially when she had that short hair back in the day..I grew to like her more and more..and that gif, she is serving..she really came into her own...of course, once Beyonce went solo, people started to really love her..But she also, had that "it" factor..something Kelly lacks. -_-

From what I gathered, alot of people liked the lesser girls more than Beyonce..I hated Kelly..especially when she had that short hair back in the day..I grew to like her more and more..and that gif, she is serving..she really came into her own...of course, once Beyonce went solo, people started to really love her..But she also, had that "it" factor..something Kelly lacks. -_-

tumblr_lksyrodEfb1qa0w6zo1_500.gif

I think she has the "it" factor. She just needs to find herself as an artist. If she would stay in the dance/techno genre, she would slay. She could have been the Donna Summer of her generation.

tumblr_lksyrodEfb1qa0w6zo1_500.gif

I think she has the "it" factor. She just needs to find herself as an artist. If she would stay in the dance/techno genre, she would slay. She could have been the Donna Summer of her generation.

That is true..but her record label or whomever just picks the worst singles for her..I remember when "Like This" was a hit and then she followed that song with "Ghetto" ft. Snoop Dogg.. :mellow: Although she looked fabulous in the video, that song was WRONG. She should have followed it with "Love".

Only trails behind Spice Girls because of sales and popularity and kid/teen marketting. They were far behind majority of their peer girl groups in the rome of telent, there are and were plenty of groups who could sing and dance better than them and just didnt have the crossover appeal, or the kid audience to over hype them or Matthew Knowles as their manager &father. I will NEVER deny that they worked hard to get noticed and success, as a former fan I know that very well, but I will NEVER say they had more vocal talent, because its far from true. And again, I dont like groups with the lead singer doing 98% of the leads, the groups you listed included, and always have been, it's a preference, I've said that on this thread repeatedly, very clearly. I have not now nor have I said or implied in this entire post or ever that Destiny's child is the only group with a lead singer that I dont like having a lead singer. I'll give you that Michelle & Kelly have sang 1st on a nice hand full of songs, but I can only think of 1 song where LaTavia or LeToya even had a solo, compared to other groups. And where did I mention anything about the lineup change in my analysis of their music, and when did I even mention it in a negative way? I'm completely aware that majority of groups go through lineup changes (tho ofcourse alot of them arent as shady or public). LOL I said EXACTLY the reason DC eclipsed their R&B contemporaries, because they were the only 1's with the kid appeal that they did, thats undenyable. NO other R&B group were on the cover for as many teeny bop pop crap magazines as DC was, I remember that VERY well, the only other group who did to a closer extent was TLC. Thats all there is to it.

You go on about this hate but I'm pretty positive this is the least amount of shade I've ever thrown at Bey or DC on a subject about them that I was apart of, and believe it took alot of holding back for even that shade. But it should be noted I was completely shade free on my critique on their music, and theres no "hate" there it's just dislike because I've outgrown them, and looking back I dont like their style and what I was a fan of.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/abridge

Like honestly? Untitled291-vi.gif

LOFL .....those 2 videos are not alike let alone like alone like Who Can I Run to or No No NOpt1. I wasnt saying that because they were on a stage....in a club.....thats not what I'm talking about. NoNoNo copies Who Can I run to directly because of the clubs setting, being introduced by someone, also the closeup angles that they get, and the soft choreography. And Both video's you posted, tho very good.....really arent anything like each other or those 2 videos. And no matter what video you try to pull out of the hat, it goes to prove my point that NoNoNopt.1 was not anything special or original and it was still Xscapish, which isnt saying Xscape didnt copy anything (which seems to be what you think I'm implying).

so again like REALLLY?

janetfcg2.gif

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Read?s=t

That is true..but her record label or whomever just picks the worst singles for her..I remember when "Like This" was a hit and then she followed that song with "Ghetto" ft. Snoop Dogg.. :mellow: Although she looked fabulous in the video, that song was WRONG. She should have followed it with "Love".

She should have followed it with Work straight away. She waited too long with Work. Ms Kelly is my album...I remember all the Brandy comparisons at that time. But I think it had too many non-commercial ballads for it to have had any commercial success.

Her Comeback video though :excited:!!! SHE WAS SERVING!

LOFL .....those 2 videos are not alike let alone like alone like Who Can I Run to or No No NOpt1. I wasnt saying that because they were on a stage....in a club.....thats not what I'm talking about. NoNoNo copies Who Can I run to directly because of the clubs setting, being introduced by someone, also the closeup angles that they get, and the soft choreography. And Both video's you posted, tho very good.....really arent anything like each other or those 2 videos. And no matter what video you try to pull out of the hat, it goes to prove my point that NoNoNopt.1 was not anything special or original and it was still Xscapish, which isnt saying Xscape didnt copy anything (which seems to be what you think I'm implying).

so again like REALLLY?

janetfcg2.gif

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Read?s=t

Reaching_for_the_Sky_by_LaynaFilth.jpg

All three videos feature the act on stage in a club performing. HONESTLY.

Reaching_for_the_Sky_by_LaynaFilth.jpg

All three videos feature the act on stage in a club performing. HONESTLY.

...................but again, that has nothing to do with them being the same, at ALL lol. It's really not about "they're all on stage" LOL, thats not the discussion.

Your fav girl group could NEVER! :P

I used to like them though. TWOTW was good ^_^ (FanMail was better)

You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT....my fave groups COULD NEVERRRRR LOFL

Debra killed me with the "Spotliight" melismas! They weren't lying with that parody :lmao:

:lmao: LOFL Not a single lie was told in that "Beyonce" MadTV one LOFL, I KNOW EVERY SINGLE WORD BY HEART,

"Who Looks at the other 2...when you've got Beyonceeeee"

"But what about us?"

"Who Says I need you"

"Who gives us our pay checks?"

"They Come from my dad"

"we'll file us a lawsuit"

"better watch what you say girl, I'll put your asses out in the streeyeet"

"We'll be eating government cheese, it's just Beyonce, who's taking it over, caugh up in her image, lost in her weave, we never sing solo's only the harmony's, we didnt know that Destiny would have only just 1 child"

"WELL dontcha know that Destiny would have only 1 spotlighighhight"

"Spotlight, spotlight, spotlight....."

"A spotlight, A spotlighight, a spotlight, a spotlighahight a spotlight ayyayya.....ooooohhh ohhh ohhh yeeheeyayie oooooh ohh ohh"

I BOW to Debra for writing that song lol

• Upvote 1

:lmao: LOFL Not a single lie was told in that "Beyonce" MadTV one LOFL, I KNOW EVERY SINGLE WORD BY HEART,

"But what about us?"

"Who Says I need you"

"They Come from my dad"

"We'll be eating government cheese, it's just Beyonce, who's taking it over, caugh up in her image, lost in her weave, we never sing solo's only the harmony's, we didnt know that Destiny would have only just 1 child"

"A spotlight, A spotlighight, a spotlight, a spotlighahight a spotlight ayyayya.....ooooohhh ohhh ohhh yeeheeyayie oooooh ohh ohh"

Yes! :lol: Don't forget "Commercial shoot's done... they just needed one... todaayayay" :lmao:

"But what about us?"

"Who Says I need you"

"They Come from my dad"

And then the other one

Beyonce: Hi, i'm Destiny's Child ... oh, I mean we're Destiny's Child...

Kelly: *mumbles something*

Beyonce: did i say you can speak???

Kelly: a..

Beyonce: did i say you can speak again??? Get your ass off and out. Go. *turns to camera*. Hopefully you guys aren't having the same discipline problems over there as im having over here :lmao:!!!!!!!!!!!

And then she starts singing Emotions again and turns to Michelle and says "Bet you can't hit that note can you, course not"

tumblr_m3s50yEwGc1qcqt0po1_400.gif

• Upvote 1

And then the other one

Beyonce: Hi, i'm Destiny's Child ... oh, I mean we're Destiny's Child...

Kelly: *mumbles something*

Beyonce: did i say you can speak???

Kelly: a..

Beyonce: did i say you can speak again??? Get your ass off and out. Go. *turns to camera*. Hopefully you guys aren't having the same discipline problems over there as im having over here :lmao:!!!!!!!!!!!

And then she starts singing Emotions again and turns to Michelle and says "Bet you can't hit that note can you, course not"

tumblr_m3s50yEwGc1qcqt0po1_400.gif

EVERY SINGLE TIME I HEAR THAT....Untitled-61.gif