Discography Chat: Britney Spears

jarrylf

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite Britney Album?

• ....Baby 1 More Time (1998)
    • Oops...I did it again (2000)
    • Britney (2001)
    • In The Zone (2003)
    • Greatest Hit's: My Perogative (2004)
    • Britney & Kevin:Chaotic [EP] (2005)
    • Blackout (2007)
    • Circus (2008)
    • Femme Fatale (2011)

You know we cant chat about Christina without her being far behind.
evelynt489_1.jpg

This ones pretty easy for me because...Im not a fan, but Im not against her, and I do like alot of her music, and I like that she knows her style and lane and stays in it, she knows what the world wants from her musically and she gives it to them, she doesn't try to appear all deep and different and substancial, it's like she knows the game and she goes with it. So I aint mad at her. Anyway, my fave album from her is by far, LANDSLIDE In the zone, I love the album, I love the era, I love the videos, and I love the single picks. Here's my ranking.

1. In The Zone
2. Baby 1 more time
3. Oops I did it again
4. Greatest Hits: My Prerogative
5. Circus
6. Femme Fetal
7. Blackout
8. Britney
9. chaotic

My poll prediction is Blackout for the win, I hated it when it was new, but it grew on me, I like it as a album more than I like the Circus album, but Circus had some really great songs too, they're almost tied. But I know people love Blackout

I was a huge stan back in the day, the 1st 2 albums had me all over her, but that 3rd, NO, I never liked that album, and then she pulled me back in during In the zone, but that was the end, when Chaotic and the greatest hits came I was done being a stan, still get the albums (dont buy them) but I get them, listen out for the standouts and go ma way.

In the Zone is definitely my favorite album of hers. I love every song on it (with the exception of "Brave New Girl", but I tolerate it) and it always makes for an enjoyable listen. Blackout has a lot of standouts, but I have to be in the mood to listen to it in full. I usually always skip "Heaven on Earth" and "Perfect Lover", among others. "Piece of Me" is probably her most overrated single.

Phlegm Fatale and Britney are cute too, the latter I love mostly for nostalgic reasons. Circus and ...Baby aren't much to me, although I love most of their singles. It's a shame that "Born to Make You Happy" never got a domestic release.

Despise Oop.

Blackout and the first 2 are my favorites. Overall, her discography is okay, I feel like there hasn't been much progression in her material through the years.

I agree, but like I said I dont think she or the fans either want it or care, which is weid, but at least its honest lol, but it dont work for me, oppose to her pretending to have evolved, when the music is the same.

How does a "Greatest Hits" album rank when its a collection of hits from other albums with the exception of like 2-4 new songs? I'm curious

You just answered it, I said when I 1st started these the only way a soundtrack, greatest hits, or remix album can make these is if they have a minimum of 3 new songs that dont appear on any full studio album :thumbup:

Blackout is her best, imo. Followed by In the Zone. I love and adore Brit as a person, she's sweet, funny, real, entirely genuine all the same. Her music has always been hit and miss with me though. Much of her gold is in her unreleased material though. There are so many tracks that when I hear them it absolutely boggles my mind at the fact they didn't make the album. :mellow:

Blackout is her best, imo. Followed by In the Zone. I love and adore Brit as a person, she's sweet, funny, real, entirely genuine all the same. Her music has always been hit and miss with me though. Much of her gold is in her unreleased material though. There are so many tracks that when I hear them it absolutely boggles my mind at the fact they didn't make the album. :mellow:

Ah....................guess I'll be searching for all that tonight lol.

A lot of her unrelased material isnt "Hit" material.

For me its "In The Zone" That was her most creative & personal album. To me, that album showed A LOT of growth, esp coming from albums like her debut, Oops I did it again, and the Britney album.

Baby One More Time brings back nice memories. I don't listen to it much these days, except the singles and "The Beat Goes On" occasionally, but I enjoyed it a lot at the time. "Sometimes" was my favorite Britney song, now it's changed to "Toxic."

I used to be a fan when she first came out, but I just simply grew apart around 2005. Since then, I do like a couple songs here and there like "Gimme More" and "Till The World Ends."

A lot of her unrelased material isnt "Hit" material.

For me its "In The Zone" That was her most creative & personal album. To me, that album showed A LOT of growth, esp coming from albums like her debut, Oops I did it again, and the Britney album.

I think thats EXACTLY why In The Zone sticks out to me, for every reason you said, and I like that she wasnt wearing it as a tag, that it was her growth album. And at the same time, you still had classic Britney. I feel like since then she kinda went back to more of the old Britney, and if she's feeling it I cant be mad at her.

I think thats EXACTLY why In The Zone sticks out to me, for every reason you said, and I like that she wasnt wearing it as a tag, that it was her growth album. And at the same time, you still had classic Britney. I feel like since then she kinda went back to more of the old Britney, and if she's feeling it I cant be mad at her.

I doubt she's feeling it b/c she seemed like she didnt even want to be involved with her last two albums :lol:

I def think she went back to "old britney". Not b/c she wanted to, but to make hits. Blackout is better than her last two albums, imo.

I doubt she's feeling it b/c she seemed like she didnt even want to be involved with her last two albums :lol:

I def think she went back to "old britney". Not b/c she wanted to, but to make hits. Blackout is better than her last two albums, imo.

I agree. I do think she more so went back to her old style to rank up the hits. Im really shocked that In the zone (which also is the 1st and only post 2000 Madonna song I like) and Toxic both didnt hit #1, I thought they should've (ESPECIALLY toxic, which is my fave song & video from her).

Britney has always been more hype than substance, but I've never denied the times she gets it right. Her first two albums served their purpose beautifully. Huge pop singles delivered with slick videos and even better timing. The weakness with both of them is that they suffer from that whole late-'90s/early '00s bait-and-switch, wherein the accompanying album was never as good as the singles that carried it. I always felt cheated. Pre-superstar Britney, Ricky Martin, Christina, Backstreet Boys, 'N Sync etc. (and moreso their producers) are all guilty of lulling their audience into a false sense of consistency.

'I'm a Slave 4 U' was the perfect transition from pop tart to young woman. Production from The Neptunes gave her a harder edge, and the video was fire. The album was too much of not enough, though. She didn't wait long enough before relying on the Swedes again ('Overprotected', 'Cinderella', both awful), and, although I admire the idea, singing a Dido song just didn't work for me. 'I'm Not a Girl' was great in theory but the end result was too beige. 'Boys' with Pharrell was the only time my interest was piqued again during that time.

In The Zone is still where it's at. The only Britney album with any punch, with any real effort, and the first with any real credibility. The collaborations were inspired, and this time they really worked. Moby, R. Kelly, Bloodshy & Avant, they're not really names I would've picked for a dream-team of producers but they did well to not make the album look scattered or misguided. And I've said this before but it bears repeating: 'Everytime' is stunning. Her greatest musical achievement.

I really do like Blackout, but I think it's overrated by fans and non-fans alike. Especially the studio release. Obviously, plenty of stuff going on to cloud that era, but as nitpicking is my way, I'll say it suffered from poor single choices. 'Gimme More' was excellent, 'Piece Of Me' and 'Break The Ice' weren't. And whoever left 'Toy Soldier' to lay dormant needs their ass kicked. Circus was too soon, and just too blah. I often forget it exists, to be honest. 'Womanizer' is one of the most annoying singles of the last five years, but I can see why it did so well. 'Circus' and 'If U Seek Amy' were more my style. Femme Fatale seems to have brought Britney back full circle; dynamite singles propping up a mediocre album. If there's one thing I'd like to see more of, it's a personal touch in her work. Like Kylie Minogue, she can pick all the right producers and look as hot as she wants, but with the music giving little-to-no insight into the woman herself it can leave a lot to be desired.

My ranking:

1. In The Zone

2. Blackout

3. Britney

4. Oops!... I Did It Again

5. Femme Fatale

6. Circus

7. ...Baby One More Time

Sorry, I bumped the original Britney discography thread by mistake while copying my original reply. >_<

You just answered it, I said when I 1st started these the only way a soundtrack, greatest hits, or remix album can make these is if they have a minimum of 3 new songs that dont appear on any full studio album :thumbup:

So you're telling me a minimum of 3 songs can outweigh a whole studio album that would consist of 10-12 songs? What are the realistic chances of that? :rolleyes: 1 in every billion?

So you're telling me a minimum of 3 songs can outweigh a whole studio album that would consist of 10-12 songs? What are the realistic chances of that? :rolleyes: 1 in every billion?

They work for me, if someone only like Britney's singles but dont like her albums then for them that works., and it would for any artist that I do this for with a soundtrack or GH album with at least 3 new songs featured on it its no problem for me :coffee:

1. In The Zone

'Everytime' is her best vocal and overall song. 'Touch of My Hand' is solid. Both are reminiscent of 90's Janet Jackson. 'Me Against The Music' was cool. 'Toxic' is badass.

2. Blackout.

She rebelled. (Thank God.)

3. Britney

'I'm a Slave 4 U' is arguably her best production. 'What It's Like To Be Me' was both a solid song written by then boo-thang, Timberlake and attempt at channeling the attitude of Janet Jackson. Everything else was horrid filler.

4. Baby...One More Time.

I couldn't stand her at the time, but her songs were infectious.

5. Femme Fatale

The breakdown in 'Hold It Against Me' should've been the song itself.