Discography Chat: Outkast

jarrylf

3 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite Outkast album?

• Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik (1994)
    • ATLiens (1996)
    • Aquemini (1998)
    • Stankonia (2000)
    • Big Boi and Dre Present...OutKast (2001)
    • Speakerboxxx/The Love Below (2003)
    • Idlewild (2006)

15586__outkast_l.jpg

OK, so Outkast is 1 of my fave groups in any music, I think they changed the way rap is today,and I'm extremely disapointed in their going separate ways because they make great music, but to be completely honest, I always thought Andre was the real creative/different (better) one, because tho Big Boi is creative and has a style, Andre is so everywhere, like Ceelo, Andre will go to rock, R&B, soul, pop, and rock, not just rest in rap, which I think majorly helped take them in the direction they are in. And I HATE that it's been this many years (almost 10) without an actual studio album, a followup to Speakerboxx/The Love Below, and its so time, its so needed. But hey they gotta do what they gotta do. Anyway hands down my vote goes to Speakerboxx/The Love Below, and its definitely 95% because of The Love Below (which honestly to me says, Andre dont need Antone for a great album), I mean that was EVERYTHING, like pretty much every song on that album was in my eyes perfect, its whats missing from rap, being that eclectic, having a piece of everything and your own style and originality. I love Speakerboxx specifically for Ghetto Music, and The Way You Move ofcourse.

My ranking (as you'll see, I pretty much thought each album kinda got better than the next.....until Idlewild)

1.Speakerboxx/The Love Below

2.Stankonia

3.Big Boi & Dre Presents Outkast (I LOVE "The Whole World" SOOO MUCH)

4.Idlewild

5.Aquemini

6.ATLiens

7.Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik

My poll prediction, is that SB/TLB will sweep, big time, but we'll see.

OutKast, IMO, has one of the most consistent discographies in hip-hop. I love that they push boundaries musicallg as well as their rapid-fire delivery. My favorite song is "B.O.B." - also my favorite song out of 2000. :) Choosing an album is difficult, but ATM my favorite is Aquemini.

Roses >>>>>>

I swear after that song I used to say "You're the reason for the word *insert insult word*" in every argument I had with people :lmao:

I.Love.Roses OMG, Theres so many girls I've met in my lifetime that that song is a true description for lol.

OutKast, IMO, has one of the most consistent discographies in hip-hop. I love that they push boundaries musicallg as well as their rapid-fire delivery. My favorite song is "B.O.B." - also my favorite song out of 2000. :) Choosing an album is difficult, but ATM my favorite is Aquemini.

You aint lied, tho for me, like I said pretty much 90% of the time I'll go to The Love Below cause....that album is so everything to me lol.