Discography Chat: Jill Scott

jarrylf

6 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite Jill Scott album?

• Who Is Jill Scott? Words and Sounds Vol. 1 (2000)
    • Experience: Jill Scott 826+ (2001)
    • Beautifully Human: Words and Sounds Vol. 2 (2004)
    • The Real Thing: Words and Sounds Vol. 3 (2007)
    • The Light of the Sun (2011)

Jill-Scott-1-Low.jpg

mmm, my Jilly from Philly. I LOVE this women and her voice, I mean.....her voice is so damn complex, and her lyrics are so damn deep and her instrumentals are perfect. What I admire about her too is that it's not often for Jill to do the same version of a song live, I have a love hate thing when artist do that, but when Jill does it... its like a whole other song and vibe, I mean it's just how she does. As far as my fave Jill album, its definitely her newest 1 The Light Of The Sun, it had so many different styles and sounds and she had a whole different look and...I just think its a great album, well all of her albums are great but this 1 I think is the best in her collection thus far.

My Ranking

1.Light Of The Sun

2.Who Is Jill Scott

3.Beautifully Human

4.Experience Jill Scott

5.The Real Thing

Like with Erykah, I really dont have a Jill album I dont like, but I do think The Real Thing lacked, like that whole era, there was something....off, maybe it was with her personal life but something about that era really felt weird at the time for me, and now I almost completely forget about it except for Hate On Me (WHICH SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS) it felt off. But I do enjoy the music and videos and performances during it. Beautifully Human & Who is Jill Scott are pretty much tied for me.

Poll prediction, either Who is Jill Scott or Beautifully Human will take it.

This is my favorite song by her...

----------

And I really love her voice on Common's "I Am Music" as well; it has this really sweet texture.

I think Hands DOWN Golden will always be my #1 fave video from her, I also do love Whatever, & Cross my mind

I love a woman who knows how to use words to express her.self and her power. Jill Scott definitely does that. A true poet. I love her and her art and I believe that her best work exist on Beautifully Human. There is a hidden gem at the end of that album called "Still Here" and everytime I listen to it...I get chills.

• Upvote 1

I love a woman who knows how to use words to express her.self and her power. Jill Scott definitely does that. A true poet. I love her and her art and I believe that her best work exist on Beautifully Human. There is a hidden gem at the end of that album called "Still Here" and everytime I listen to it...I get chills.

I will always be here for Still here. I wish she'd release more singles than she usually does, because the R&B charts LOVE her, and the stations are always playing her (like seriously something from each album, each album has at least 1 song you'll hear all the time on Urban radio) but she has SO many single/video worthy songs on her albums that I know R&B stations and charts would eat up, but hey she still has really great accomplishments with the singles she has out