US - 500,000

UK - 600,000

Aussie - 140,000

France - 250,000

Swiss - 25,000

Sweden - 10,000

Germany - 500,000

= 2,025,000

Based on the countries posted, and dated certifications. People keep saying TA did 1.3mil in the US and 760k in the UK, but I have yet to see the receipts.

US - 500,000

UK - 600,000

Aussie - 140,000

France - 250,000

Swiss - 25,000

Sweden - 10,000

Germany - 500,000

= 2,025,000

Based on the countries posted, and dated certifications. People keep saying TA did 1.3mil in the US and 760k in the UK, but I have yet to see the receipts.

DA FUCK?! 500k for the US? I always heard it sold round 6 mill(ww) and was her biggest selling single ww. :blink:

How could it be possible that it only went Gold here, after all those weeks on the Hot 100?

She is shitting with those Hong Kong sales :asham:

Well I just need a receipt before it can be added. No doubt all of the singles have sold more than what they are certified for. It's just not easy finding numbers for them.

And these girls don't want a DAY with those record setting Hong Kong numbers.

DA FUCK?! I always heard it sold round 6 mill and was her biggest selling single ww. :blink:

It has sold more than that, but not every country as an RIAA equivalent. So finding numbers for each country ain't easy. -_-

okay .. some people believe that janet 100million album/record sales have been hugely inflated by her record label to save face among her contemporaries who have sold more..so they want me to provide some sorta proof...no links to blogs and forums sites..only credible sources..can you help me out ..so i go past the break down there..thank you

There's no way of telling, at least right now that is. You're probably discussing this with a stupid person who bases sales figures off certifications. You can't based sales of certifications for everyone because, prime example, Janet, certifications are not up to date. You have to go off what the label claims. The whole "labels inflate figures" is complete bullshit to me until I hear a label rep admit that they inflate figures. That whole phrase is one of those "Tell a lie enough, and frequently enough, then it will be believed" stories. Sure you can base sales on certifications, but they don't really tell what an album sold EXACTLY. Similarly, I can't tell how much money you have in your bank account just by tracking your purchases. I can only tell you the MINIMUM amount of money you have based on your purchases. If a label claims an artist sold a certain amount of records, then that's what they sold. They're the ones who know. They're the ones selling the product, after all.

There's no way of telling, at least right now that is. You're probably discussing this with a stupid person who bases sales figures off certifications. You can't based sales of certifications for everyone because, prime example, Janet, certifications are not up to date. You have to go off what the label claims. The whole "labels inflate figures" is complete bullshit to me until I hear a label rep admit that they inflate figures. That whole phrase is one of those "Tell a lie enough, and frequently enough, then it will be believed" stories. Sure you can base sales on certifications, but they don't really tell what an album sold EXACTLY. Similarly, I can't tell how much money you have in your bank account just by tracking your purchases. I can only tell you the MINIMUM amount of money you have based on your purchases. If a label claims an artist sold a certain amount of records, then that's what they sold. They're the ones who know. They're the ones selling the product, after all.

thank you ..of i go...but ..then shouldn't janet sales record she around 140million records sold ?? approximately 100mill albums ..and 40mill singles..records dvd etc sales worldwide ?

thank you ..of i go...but ..then shouldn't janet sales record she around 140million records sold ?? approximately 100mill albums ..and 40mill singles..records dvd etc sales worldwide ?

I estimate between 140 and 150 million records. ~100 million albums and 50 million singles, given that she's sold 25 million singles stateside. So about the same amount abroad.

well....i couldnt find the EXACT video, but here is stats in this video are the same ones that Ebony showed in the montage (they have similar clips, i think just the intro is diff)