The Janet Jackson Sales Thread

Mr. Wonder

Noooooo... What blocked IGL was that Next song "Too Close" ..that song was every fucking where ..it just blew up. I remember not understanding the immense hype with that song and the fact it was holding IGL from being #1. Too Close was like #1 for 8 wks..or sum ridiculous unworthy number

My fucking jam.

Noooooo... What blocked IGL was that Next song "Too Close" ..that song was every fucking where ..it just blew up. I remember not understanding the immense hype with that song and the fact it was holding IGL from being #1. Too Close was like #1 for 8 wks..or sum ridiculous unworthy number

IGL peaked at #3... so what was #2?

I'm aware it peaked at #3 ...I can't recall what was at #2 but it really doesn't matter becuz Next had #1 on lock during the rise of IGL, the peak and the decline.. no one was getting thru that #1 door. I'm thinking it had to have been a "pop" song becuz IGL was able to take the #1 spot on the r&b charts from Next for like 2wks... Then they turned around and reclaimed that spot.

my all isn't even that great...smh

I'm not in love with the song..but I respect it cause its beautifully written. I remember getting the single only becuz the b side had "Breakdown" on it and it had the My All remix with Lord Tariq &Peter Gunz (you know when she would do the urban remix to all her songs to get the black audience on her team lol)

• Upvote 1

I'm not in love with the song..but I respect it cause its beautifully written. I remember getting the single only becuz the b side had "Breakdown" on it and it had the My All remix with Lord Tariq &Peter Gunz (you know when she would do the urban remix to all her songs to get the black audience on her team lol)

yep and she'd get read for filth for doing shit like that but we all loved her remixes :lol:

We SHOLE DID ...black ppl lived for her remixes...tho they were never original remixes..she would always use old skool samples...that's generally what made her remixes hott becuz the music she would use was so familiar to us. I can't think.of an orginal remix that she's done without it sampling an old song