Natina Reed (R&B girl group Blaque) Has Passed Away

cheaps

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: @ Only crying for/ being sad about people you've met/talked to who died, fuck that, I got relatives who I didn't cry for the way I did for Michael or Whitney because their music has influenced so many great moments of my life, their good news and funny news while they're alive has an influence, if you let it and I do, you don't have to know someone to care about them, and they don't have to know me or care about me to have my love support and heart. They don't have to physically treat me anyway, their music or movies has done so much to influence me in whatever way.
  • Upvote 2

I've never cried when a celebrity died because I don't know them. Of course it's a shame and I feel empathy for their friends or families and I might feel a bit sad that I won't get to hear new music or whatever again, but to cry? They don't know me and I dont know them.

• Upvote 1

All I know is I cried CONSTANTLY when MJ died...as a young male child who never had a positive male role model in his life, MJ was my father...the one I looked up to.

And when Whitney passed, I was sad for days. "My Love Is Your Love" and "Waiting To Exhale" are 2 albums I played the heck out of for YEARS.

Music has always been my escape, my outlet, and my refuge. There will always be an emotional connection to it for me.

All I know is I cried CONSTANTLY when MJ died...as a young male child who never had a positive male role model in his life, MJ was my father...the one I looked up to.

And when Whitney passed, I was sad for days. "My Love Is Your Love" and "Waiting To Exhale" are 2 albums I played the heck out of for YEARS.

Music has always been my escape, my outlet, and my refuge. There will always be an emotional connection to it for me.

Music is my escape, outlet, & refuge as well... but I will never have an emotional connection to the musician... The musician may not be there... but The music never goes away...

It's not about not caring if a celeb dies. It's about recognising that it's probably not normal to be that attached to someone you don't know that you spend days/weeks in mourning as if a close family member died. To have that kind of attachment to someone you never knew and never knew you means something is not right.

It's not about not caring if a celeb dies. It's about recognising that it's probably not normal to be that attached to someone you don't know that you spend days/weeks in mourning as if a close family member died. To have that kind of attachment to someone you never knew and never knew you means something is not right.

nothing's "normal" but it's not healthy to be attached to someone you don't know.. and more importantly, doesn't know you..

I've cried while watching a movie, TV show or reading certain books. Humans can't control what will cause them to grief connect to them emotionally. If the president was shot and killed today I would probably cry. Do i know him personally? NO, but he is someone I respect as a leader and a man. His death would affect me. This is the same for any celebrity who is omnipresent and apart of the fabric of pop culture. Who are you to say what is or is not normal?

I've cried while watching a movie, TV show or reading certain books. Humans can't control what will cause them to grief connect to them emotionally. If the president was shot and killed today I would probably cry. Do i know him personally? NO, but he is someone I respect as a leader and a man. His death would affect me. This is the same for any celebrity who is omnipresent and apart of the fabric of pop culture. Who are you to say what is or is not normal?

Not the same thing..

Shedding a few years because you are moved by a story is not the same as crying tears over days and weeks out of grief over someone you don't know.

Who are you to say it's not normal? People don't know Jesus or Mohammed or whatever but they have strong feelings for them.

• Upvote 5

Its exactly the same thing. Judging by your logic, crying over movies, tv shows and books might be worse, because not only do I "not know the characters", their not even real.

B-I-N-G-O !!!! LOFL Yea "will those characters cry for you?" LOFL thats funny to me, just like crying or being sad over someone you've never met is funny to them

Who are you to say it's not normal? People don't know Jesus or Mohammed or whatever but they have strong feelings for them.

OMG YOU BETTA TALK THAT TRUTH!!!

Janet made the distinction clear in her speech at the BET awards. Yeah you lost "an icon" but to them he was FAMILY. Meaning a real bond to be grieved over.

LOFL who said it was the same thing? Again if you're only supposed to be sad about people you know or who know you despite the fact that you might not've liked each other or simply never saw eye to eye thats something completely different and as Bu pointed out completely normal otherwise you wouldn't have people going nuts for Jesus, Abraham & Muhammad or quite simply it's saying it's not ok to be moved emotionally by books or movie characters because they supposedly wouldn't be moved by you....The only thing Janet made clear in her speech was the obvious, that there's a difference she didnt say " Why yall cryin? He wasnt yo brotha, none of yall knew his number, and I bet he didn't know more than half of yours" :coffee:

Im just very against the "ONLY care about people you know or that care about you" bullshit, it's so much more to life than that. When someone loses a son, daughter, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, parent, grand parent, etc. Emotional ties or a 1 on 1 relationship or not it's a sad thing, and theres no rule for how you're "supposed" to feel over anything

Maybe you should read more carefully. I never said you shouldn't be sad. I'm sad when a celebrity I like dies. I'm sad for their family's loss. I'm sad that I won't see/hear their music etc again.

There is a difference between being sad and feeling a loss to being so attached to the image of someone you have never met that you go into a deep mourning.

It shows that you filled a gap in your life that should be occupied with loved ones with the image of an unreachable person.

Shedding a few years because you are moved by a story is not the same as crying tears over days and weeks out of grief over someone you don't know.

Shedding a few tears from a moving story... You get over it in an hour..

Crying over a celeb for longer than that hour.. Days, weeks.. Months.. They have personal problems

• Upvote 1

Maybe you should read more carefully. I never said you shouldn't be sad. I'm sad when a celebrity I like dies. I'm sad for their family's loss. I'm sad that I won't see/hear their music etc again.

There is a difference between being sad and feeling a loss to being so attached to the image of someone you have never met that you go into a deep mourning.

It shows that you filled a gap in your life that should be occupied with loved ones with the image of an unreachable person.

Im sorry but personally theres no occupied space for love, it's just there, at different levels if a person I don't know personally makes an impact in my life, and made more of 1 than the people in my life how is it really anyones fault that they get higher regard? Maybe you're not supposed to know everybody you care about, and maybe they don't all have to know you to still earn it

Shedding a few tears from a moving story... You get over it in an hour..

Crying over a celeb for longer than that hour.. Days, weeks.. Months.. They have personal problems

YOU get over it in about an hour, it's not a automatic "everyone works like this" type of deal when it comes to people and their emotions. I know people who've been in depressions for weeks after reading certain books, I was down for about a week after 1st seeing Schindlers list, you can't dictate how everyones gonna take any or everything based on how you would.

In reality who really doesn't have personal problems?