Natina Reed (R&B girl group Blaque) Has Passed Away

cheaps

How you got that and where you got that I don't know, but it seems to be what you're reading somehow in every post. so ok...

Because that's EXACTLY what I've been saying in my posts and you are all disagreeing saying i shouldn't be telling people what's normal etc. thereforeyou must be implying that that behaviour is normal.

No I said by your reckoning It's acceptable for me to completely over react to a situation.

LMAO! Keep reaching. One of our scenarios is obviously not like the other. And there is no one better to tell you about MY reckoning than me.

Because that's EXACTLY what I've been saying in my posts and you are all disagreeing saying i shouldn't be telling people what's normal etc. thereforeyou must be implying that that behaviour is normal.

It might not be normal, but as I keep asking you, so what?

• Upvote 2

My point is everybody grieves differently and in their own specific personal way, theres no "normal" about it. Thus the implication you chose to read is wrong, what I was more so implying was just what you said, that who are you or anyone to say what's normal if it's not hurting anyone in anyway.just because someone handles something different than you or people you know.

• Upvote 3

LMAO! Keep reaching. One of our scenarios is obviously not like the other. And there is no one better to tell you about MY reckoning than me.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAmen

Oh so now you're admitting that it "might not" be normal....

So what? So it's points to the person having issues which may need to be addressed.

Oh so now you're admitting that it "might not" be normal....

So what? So it's points to the person having issues which may need to be addressed.

"Now"? :blink: I've asked repeatedly, "so what if it's not normal?" I never argued that it WAS normal. Keep up or keep moving.

Or perhaps it points to your own issues. I'm comfortable crying or feeling sadness without permission. Maybe you aren't.

"Now"? :blink: I've asked repeatedly, "so what if it's not normal?" I never argued that it WAS normal. Keep up or keep moving.

Or perhaps it points to your own issues. I'm comfortable crying or feeling sadness without permission. Maybe you aren't.

And there you go missing the point again.....comprehension is key. I never questioned people feeling sadness. I'm talking about deep mourning for people you don't know.

And so what if it isn't normal? I could say so what to many topics or discussions brought up. It's my opinion that it isn't normal and it's my opinion that people who feel that way should probably seek help because it points to deeper issues.

It's amazing how many times I'm repeating myself and how everyone except norman is unable to grasp something so simple and so obviously correct.

In fact mist of you are actually agreeing with me yet still arguing my point while stating what I've already stated!

And there you go missing the point again.....comprehension is key. I never questioned people feeling sadness. I'm talking about deep mourning for people you don't know.

And so what if it isn't normal? I could say so what to many topics or discussions brought up. It's my opinion that it isn't normal and it's my opinion that people who feel that way should probably seek help because it points to deeper issues.

It's amazing how many times I'm repeating myself and how everyone except norman is unable to grasp something so simple and so obviously correct.

In fact mist of you are actually agreeing with me yet still arguing my point while stating what I've already stated!

Paul, we both know I haven't missed the point. And you did question sadness. You said, "To cry? I don't know them and they don't know me." Like you're so above it all. You didn't mention mourning for days and weeks until after that.

Oh save the "my opinion" crap. You don't respect it in others in here so why do you get to use it as justification?

What's amazing is how your point of view is the only one we're allowed to have. Words like "unacceptable" and "correct" represent an ignorant and somewhat offensive attitude to have in situations where people's emotions are the talking point.

If you truly believe that then you haven't read a word of this thread properly.

• Upvote 2

:lmao: Matt it's okay boo boo this is just another time in the forum's history where Paul is never being dragged. :) gotta love Paul it's always a pleasure -_-

Yes it is on point one :) , and on point two we all know when Norman "grasps" it that makes it VERY correct....so obviously :wub:

I think part of the issue here is the notion of mourning, and how "mourning" itself is defined, it seems as if many here consider mourning to be directly connected to the person and therefore a personal narrative, here I disagree and would argue that those members here who have expressed that "mourning" itself was solely dependent to the person who passed and therefore not a logical nor healthy form of mourning because their point would seem to be that the only mourning done is the grieving of someone lost that you in fact knew on a personal level. What I and others have countered that limited one dimensional analysis of the concept of "mourning" is that one can only mourn when it is someone they in fact knew, which I think is logically flawed. I believe mourning to not only be something quite individual with many examples to be made, but mourning can and has occurred in ways that had very little to nothing to do with the actual person that passed. For example, I implicitly stated the lose of Michael Jackson represented the lost of a father, a son, and a brother to those that knew him, BUT to those of us that did not personally know him it still represented the lost of something albeit arguably not equally relevant, BUT still valuable, for the fans they lost the joy of his entertainment genius, they lost the opportunity to witness him perform on what was presumably his last concert tour. The same argument of "mourning" could be extended to Aaliyah and Princess Diana, here people that did not know these individuals connected with them on a level that was their public persona and that was a lost, now the degree of mourning varies with everyone, but for someone to shed a tear at the thought that a mother passed away from an untimely death leaving behind a motherless child is a fact in itself demeaned "mournable" not the person per se, because you didn't know them, but the perception of lose in reality is very real and valid.

I'm just now seeing how long this thread is and I only read the last 2 pages. So what i'm getting is that if Janet died and we mourned and cried over her it's not normal? Even if she's a huge part of our lives and that she's helped saved lives with her music including a few fans or she got us out of those depressing times or that she makes us happy? :unsure:

Steve Jobs contributed more to this world than Whitney Houston and I didn't cry when he died... Oop just read the rest of your reply. No ones talking about Nat anymore anyways. *goes to play Assassins Creed III*

If you're gonna talk about technology contributions to society then lets not bring up Assassins Flop 3 :umm:

Paul, we both know I haven't missed the point. And you did question sadness. You said, "To cry? I don't know them and they don't know me." Like you're so above it all. You didn't mention mourning for days and weeks until after that.

Oh save the "my opinion" crap. You don't respect it in others in here so why do you get to use it as justification?

What's amazing is how your point of view is the only one we're allowed to have. Words like "unacceptable" and "correct" represent an ignorant and somewhat offensive attitude to have in situations where people's emotions are the talking point.

........................If I didnt use up all my "Likes"...............sooo much truth.

I've been making one very clear point throughout this thread. You clearly missed the point. Stop cherry picking bits of what I say and using them out of context. Who said my point of view was the only one allowed? You're clearly fairly bright Matthew so it's somewhat pathetic for you to use these cheap and childish tactics to undermine my argument.

My argument again for those, who after 8 pages haven't got it:

Mourning over a celebrity as if they were someone you know is not normal.

Stick to the argument Matthew and stop derailing it. You know, you have a very pompous and arrogant attitude at times, although I'm sure I can't be the first to have told you that.

Friends is the most legendary show ever <_<

we were not here for "Friends" sorry.....I was busy watching "Martin" :) and now the best comedy is "The Big Bang Theory"

Just like what was said above... no ship captains were on the look out for any islands called Friends

We only landed ship for Martin, Moesha, The Parkers, Family Matters, Sister Sister, The Bernie Mac Show, Fresh Prince, and Everybody Hates Chris.

If they were lucky.... then you might catch Boy Meets World, Blossom, Step By Step, Clueless, or Sabrina holding our attention for an episode or two.

Honorable Mentions: Married With Children, Unhappily Ever After, The Nanny, Home Improvement

Friends isn't even "Cheers" or "M.A.S.H" legendary :umm:

I listed tons of white shows lol

"If they were lucky" :rolleyes:. I watched them all the time :lol:. I miss Moesha the most - I'm mad it's not legitimately on DVD. At least Friends is on boxset so I can enjoy it every time whenever I want :wub: