You all better not do the most either

EphraimAdamz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG-8Ywi1WH8

The snippets are up :yahoo:

:w00t:

:yep:

:cheers:

Snippets from the exclusive Effrem Adams "Sex Ed" mixtape! Dropping later this year! Constructive feedback encouraged!

1. I Get It

2. Shake Ya Janet Jackson

3. Bedroom

4. Autotune

5. Rough

6. Sexual Education

7. Rest My Case

8. Shake Ya Janet Jackson (Club Mix)

9. Letter To The DJ

10. Swinger Girl

11. Dance With Me (Oh Yeah)

scream.gif

First of all -- your beats are RIDICULOUS. Thoroughly impressed with your production. ESPECIALLY ON "I Get It", "Rest My Case" and "Swinger Girl" :w00t:

Single worthy tracks:

Buzz/Club single - (toss up between) "I Get It" / "Rest My Case"

3rd strongest single - "Swinger Girl"

2nd strongest single "Rough"

And by FAR, your strongest single? "Autotune" -- it is currently the 7th most played song on my mp3 player :ph34r::blink::asham: I feel like out of every track on the mixtape, this would have the most crossover appeal, it's not only your most commercial sounding track, it's your most sincere. I've truly grown to love the song...for whatever fucked up reason -_-

You're CLEARLY a Janet fan, I heard SEVERAL Janet influenced situations/lyrics throughout the album :lol: way to go, man.

Your mixtape is SOLID! :clapping:

• Upvote 1

Lyrical thanks for the feedback!

"I Get It" is more of an intro track to set the tone for the rest of the mixtape, but the hip hop clubs here are really feeling it B) . I would prob add a little more to the beat if I did a single/music video for it.

I really DONT KNOW why Autotune is your favorite track :asham: . I wrote it for my grandmother last xmas. Girls think the songs is cute though. Ironically I made all the beats on the mixtape except for that one. I'm honored to be in your top 10 songs.

I'm sure everyone here would like Swinger Girl :sigh: ...... I kinda made it with the gays in mind :wink: ... but they better not do too much :umm:

I really like it overall. :yep: My choice for lead would be "Shake Ya Janet Jackson" ~ that's your signature song to me lol. I love the throwback flavor on the remix! "Bedroom" was another standout, and I agree with Lyrical on "Rest My Case" This could end up on my last.fm charts :lol:

• Upvote 1

I really like it overall. :yep: My choice for lead would be "Shake Ya Janet Jackson" ~ that's your signature song to me lol. I love the throwback flavor on the remix! "Bedroom" was another standout, and I agree with Lyrical on "Rest My Case" This could end up on my last.fm charts :lol:

:yahoo:

I might be doing a Bedroom remix with Inoj

It's my favorite track so far.

Was there anything you thought could of been left off?

I get it is a hot intro, the beats are on point. the rap on "Shake Ya" gets a bit annoying, it's like the music is hot but the guy isn't quite hitting it but you could always take him out or replace it with someone else. Autotune sounds dated. "Bedroom" sounds really good it has a nice vibe not too aggressive but laid back enough, it has an aviance to it. I think it would be more creative to have a different guy on some of the songs. "Rough" is another one with good beats. You over did it with autotune. The hook on "Sexual Education" has a sick beat in the background, yet more autotune. I think it would even be sexy to hear a female moaning or something. The music is good, it's the autotune and hearing a bunch of dudes so far that needs to be changed up, I would find someone that can spit to the tracks and own them, and leave autotune alone its dated now. "Letter to the DJ" is somewhat off the vibe of the mixtape, I feel like the entire tape should have an ebb and flow to it, that sorta builds from one track to the next, think cohesive. The music is solid when he focuses on beats, that's what made Kanye really his beats were sick.

Okay exits thread rihc-vi.gif

I get it is a hot intro, the beats are on point. the rap on "Shake Ya" gets a bit annoying, it's like the music is hot but the guy isn't quite hitting it but you could always take him out or replace it with someone else. Autotune sounds dated. "Bedroom" sounds really good it has a nice vibe not too aggressive but laid back enough, it has an aviance to it. I think it would be more creative to have a different guy on some of the songs. "Rough" is another one with good beats. You over did it with autotune. The hook on "Sexual Education" has a sick beat in the background, yet more autotune. I think it would even be sexy to hear a female moaning or something. The music is good, it's the autotune and hearing a bunch of dudes so far that needs to be changed up, I would find someone that can spit to the tracks and own them, and leave autotune alone its dated now. "Letter to the DJ" is somewhat off the vibe of the mixtape, I feel like the entire tape should have an ebb and flow to it, that sorta builds from one track to the next, think cohesive. The music is solid when he focuses on beats, that's what made Kanye really his beats were sick.

Okay exits thread rihc-vi.gif

the guy singing every single song is me silly :lmao:

These are demos i produce and auction for sale (except Shake Ya Janet Jackson) :asham:

Glad you like my beats :coffee: I'm sending Sexual Education to Janet's team

the guy singing every single song is me silly :lmao:

These are demos i produce and auction for sale (except Shake Ya Janet Jackson) :asham:

Glad you like my beats :coffee: I'm sending Sexual Education to Janet's team

yea Jay Z told Kanye you make beats dat's what you do....Jay Z was wrong :coffee:

Kanye's beats are still better than his raps :yep: I don't think I've ever purchased a Kanye song :asham:

He samples a lot too. I make beats from scratch :yep:

okay but focus on one thing and do it really well, it's clear your role is in producing, so why rap on the tracks too? My honest opinion is if it were worth nothing I wouldn't even comment like someone else will break it to him, but here that's not the case. What I heard was someone with skills enough to make some good beats, but jack of all trades master of none, you do movies too, and music? I can't help but think of Jennifer Lopez, she wanted to do everything too, music, movies and clothing and just pimp it all out, problem is she really isn't good at movies and her music took a hit, but that's where she needed to focus and then she came with a hit. It's like say Britney Spears right, she has a whole team of people that put the product together, she isn't writing the songs, producing the songs, she plays her role and others do theirs, so what's your role?
  • Upvote 1

oh my last thought, imagine where you want to be with producing, and find who is doing that now best, study them. That's how you learn everyone has someone that influenced them. I mean study hard, do they put their own vocals on their tracks? Do they largely produce for others? What do they spend most of their time doing?

okay but focus on one thing and do it really well, it's clear your role is in producing, so why rap on the tracks too? My honest opinion is if it were worth nothing I wouldn't even comment like someone else will break it to him, but here that's not the case. What I heard was someone with skills enough to make some good beats, but jack of all trades master of none, you do movies too, and music? I can't help but think of Jennifer Lopez, she wanted to do everything too, music, movies and clothing and just pimp it all out, problem is she really isn't good at movies and her music took a hit, but that's where she needed to focus and then she came with a hit. It's like say Britney Spears right, she has a whole team of people that put the product together, she isn't writing the songs, producing the songs, she plays her role and others do theirs, so what's your role?

I'm best behind the scenes. Producing and Directing -_-

That was some good kool aid. Thank you for your insight

On the bright side us producers and directors make the most money than any of those singers/actors in front of the camera anyway :hmph:

I'm best behind the scenes. Producing and Directing -_-

That was some good kool aid. Thank you for your insight

On the bright side us producers and directors make the most money than any of those singers/actors in front of the camera anyway :hmph:

look there are a lot of stories that haven't been told, sure we see every Fantasy flick the White folks eat up in droves, but how many more "Precious" are out there? How about "The Help"? Point is with independent film going we need a much more diverse group of people behind the scenes, talented writers, producers to make films that tell the stories that no one else is bothered telling. Unless you intend to leave it all up to Tyler Perry :&

look there are a lot of stories that haven't been told, sure we see every Fantasy flick the White folks eat up in droves, but how many more "Precious" are out there? How about "The Help"? Point is with independent film going we need a much more diverse group of people behind the scenes, talented writers, producers to make films that tell the stories that no one else is bothered telling. Unless you intend to leave it all up to Tyler Perry :&

Tyler Perry..... we as black people are doomed :sigh::lmao:

I'm only here to be known as the first legendary African American Science Fiction director :yep: . Thy shall be know as the Will Smith of black filmmakers.

When people look at me they STAY assuming that I make either gangster films or black comedies :sigh:. No bitch, I only check for zombies, aliens, monsters and martial arts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF16x114xOk