Janet.

SloLove

Janet.

On May 18, 1993, Janet released, "janet." widening her musical aesthetic to include the exploration of lyrical sensuality. With it's wall-to-wall hits, "janet." became the biggest record of Janet's career. "Again," a number one single, and featured in the film, "Poetic Justice," was nominated for a Golden Globe and Academy Award, while the single, "That's The Way Love Goes," garnered her a second Grammy Award.

Morning

That's The Way Love Goes

You Know

You Want This

Be A Good Boy

If

Back

This Time

Go On Miss Janet

Throb

What'll Do

The Lounge

Funky Big Band

Racism

New Agenda

Because Of Love

Wind

Again

Another Lover

Where Are You Now

Hold On Baby

The Body That Loves You

Rain

Any Time, Any Place

Are You Still Up

Sweet Dreams

• Upvote 1

What can I say.....fell in love with this album and subsequently Janet on a school trip to Germany. My friend Lyndsay had brought it with her and I played it again and again. The songs and harmonies were unlike anything if heard. I even loved what people call filler - funky big band, new agenda.

I have many fond memories of this time.

• Upvote 2

Now at first I thought this album was put together full of random tracks. I dont know why but since Ive changed my mind. Its cohesive. Love and still she kept that social awareness on there. New Agenda is lyrically great. My least favorite is Where Are You Now but im learning to like it the more I play it.

The album and era that made me a fan; I wasn't even in kindergarten yet. Everything about it: the music, the videos, the tour, her looks = PERFECT! I still remember exactly where I was when I heard "That's The Way Love Goes" on the radio. "If," "Again," "Where Are You Now" (I'm still can't believe this wasn't a single lol), "Any Time, Any Place," and "You Want This" too.

• Upvote 1

I was in HS when this album came out. I thought it was the best album Janet ever did, but over the years, I realized that it did have a few fillers. But I was completely a stan with this album. "If" is my favorite video ever. Janet's image had somehow overshadowed her music..her fashion was copied by most of the girls I knew..The "If" routine was in every talent show..Teenagers were fucking to ATAP. TTWLG made rnb popular. She became the first black worldwide female superstar who transcended race, gender, etc.

• Upvote 1

I was in HS when this album came out. I thought it was the best album Janet ever did, but over the years, I realized that it did have a few fillers. But I was completely a stan with this album. "If" is my favorite video ever. Janet's image had somehow overshadowed her music..her fashion was copied by most of the girls I knew..The "If" routine was in every talent show..Teenagers were fucking to ATAP. TTWLG made rnb popular. She became the first black worldwide female superstar who transcended race, gender, etc.

I think this is the fav fan album for the lovers and groovers...this album is not for the i wanna see janet dancing all up in my face even though she did with If...this is a mature album and i love it

• Upvote 1

I think this is the fav fan album for the lovers and groovers...this album is not for the i wanna see janet dancing all up in my face even though she did with If...this is a mature album and i love it

A very mature album..you can tell with the production that she was evolving sonically..and physically..lmao.

The Janet. album was a influence for artists like TLC, MooMoo and Magdalene..

• Upvote 1

Now at first I thought this album was put together full of random tracks. I dont know why but since Ive changed my mind. Its cohesive. Love and still she kept that social awareness on there. New Agenda is lyrically great. My least favorite is Where Are You Now but im learning to like it the more I play it.

:umm:

Thank you for creating this thread. :wub:

wp000029y.jpg

Earlier today, I just purchased this janet. boxset from my local San Jose record store! It’s such a rare find for my collection. Was listening to it with my friend - just amazing… (BTW, he has never heard the album in its entirety and seemed to enjoy all the funky elements to the album). I felt like “Where Are You Now,” to this classic album. I’ve been searching for this boxset for such a long time and to finally have it means a lot! $29.99 USD (awesome deal) xoxo

After seeing the premiere of “If” in 1993 on MTV at the tender age of 9, I fell in love instantly with Janet’s persona; visual, voice, dance, and overall appeal of the music video. 19 years of being a fan and not a day goes by without at least one Janet song playing in my life.

I thank Janet for this great album! It will forever be a classic! I also thank her for helping me to discover more of her music through "If." I love every single album! I'm down for whatever Janet brings. :cheer:

#nowplaying “If”

**jumping for joy**

Thank you for creating this thread. :wub:

wp000029y.jpg

Earlier today, I just purchased this janet. boxset from my local San Jose record store! It’s such a rare find for my collection. Was listening to it with my friend - just amazing… (BTW, he has never heard the album in its entirety and seemed to enjoy all the funky elements to the album). I felt like “Where Are You Now,” to this classic album. I’ve been searching for this boxset for such a long time and to finally have it means a lot! $29.99 USD (awesome deal) xoxo

After seeing the premiere of “If” in 1993 on MTV at the tender age of 9, I fell in love instantly with Janet’s persona; visual, voice, dance, and overall appeal of the music video. 19 years of being a fan and not a day goes by without at least one Janet song playing in my life.

I thank Janet for this great album! It will forever be a classic! I also thank her for helping me to discover more of her music through "If." I love every single album! I'm down for whatever Janet brings. :cheer:

#nowplaying “If”

**jumping for joy**

You're welcome :-)