The Official Lady Gaga Thread

Aquaria

I am reveling in the onslaught of disaster that is the ArtPop release because GaGa deserves it, especially after all of her self-aggrandizement in the last few years and her claims to have "mastered the art of fame." You can't say that and pull out 258k on a $25 million promotional rollout. And then that scapegoat shit about her only being in it for the music. That $25 million was an investment that was intended to generate revenue. Yet Interscope is about $15-20 some-odd millions in the hole. Longevity or none, that figure is neither cute nor intended but it surely is well deserved.

She's just an amalgamation of arrogance, bullshit, and contradictions. Sadly ArtPop is probably her best cohesive album but I can hardly listen to it for the fact that it doesn't seem genuine anymore. Everything she does just seems fake to me. Clearly the general public feels the same.

:rolleyes:

And i was getting dragged...

tumblr_msz90xOuLj1qhutkwo1_500.jpg

Lady Gaga turned into life-size interactive doll in Japan

The Japanese branch of Gaga’s record label has released a teaser for GAGADOLL, the world’s first human-shaped listening station that lets fans listen to ARTPOP.

“Japan’s latest and finest technologies were put into the creation of the GAGADOLL,” the press release reads. “It’s the world’s first life-size human-shaped listening station that closely resembles Lady Gaga. The bone conduction system enables one to listen to her songs and message. The GAGADOLL was inspired by the concept of ARTPOP and this masterpiece made by Japan’s master craftsmen has been highly-praised by Lady Gaga herself.”

Mother Monster arrived in Tokyo earlier today ahead of her of her ARTPOP promotional tour in the country. Gaga will appear on a TV show called Music Station on November 29th.

Do what u want with my body indeed :shifty:

I am reveling in the onslaught of disaster that is the ArtPop release because GaGa deserves it, especially after all of her self-aggrandizement in the last few years and her claims to have "mastered the art of fame." You can't say that and pull out 258k on a $25 million promotional rollout. And then that scapegoat shit about her only being in it for the music. That $25 million was an investment that was intended to generate revenue. Yet Interscope is about $15-20 some-odd millions in the hole. Longevity or none, that figure is neither cute nor intended but it surely is well deserved.

She's just an amalgamation of arrogance, bullshit, and contradictions. Sadly ArtPop is probably her best cohesive album but I can hardly listen to it for the fact that it doesn't seem genuine anymore. Everything she does just seems fake to me. Clearly the general public feels the same.

:rolleyes:

I'm really late, and on my JoeJoe right now, but anyway...

Who spends $25 million on promo in this era of the industry? :blink: I mean, seriously? When the "best selling" albums are only doing about 3 million in the states? Who made that decision? :unsure:

well RB only holds 3000 people so 7 shows would be like 1 arena show In New York...

She Tweets: She is now celebrating 7 sold out shows and 1.2 million albums sold WW.... Although the 1.2M is shipped albums and not soldIt's completely impossible to have sold 600K in it's second week with all the drops in the charts WW

+ she now has 2 albums in the TOP 5 biggest second week drops...

4/21/2012 – Madonna – MDNA – 86.70% – From 359,000 to 48,000 at No.8

6/18/2011 – Lady Gaga – Born This Way – 84.28% – From 1.11 million to 174,000 at No. 1

12/3/2011 – Mac Miller – Blue Slide Park – 82.54% – From 144,000 to 25,000 at No. 24

11/26/2013 - Lady Gaga - ARTPOP - 82% From 259,000 to 46,000 at No. 8

7/13/2013 – Kanye West – Yeezus – 80.27% – From 327,000 to 65,000 at No. 3

Second week Sales in her second biggest market - The UK (the only other country Artpop hit 1)

Albums:

1 Robbie Williams 108,622

2 Eminem 40,849

3 Jake Bugg 39,714

4 Celine Dion 28,118

5 Elvis Presley 26,807

6 JLS 24,173

7 Andre Rieu 21,905

8 Little Mix 21,060

9 Lady Gaga 15,948 (out of the top 20 in this weeks midweeks)

10 James Arthur 15,532