The Official Lady Gaga Thread

Aquaria

Lady Gaga says acting helped her anxiety and depression
Being in American Horror Story has been so beneficial to her mental health that the singer was considering coming off her medication

1149994.jpg

Last month, Lady Gaga opened up about her lifelong struggle with depression. But in a new interview, the singer has revealed how acting had a profoundly therapeutic effect on her illness.

You might not think that playing a murderous, bloodthirsty character in American Horror Story: Hotel would do much to help alleviate anxiety. But thankfully, it does. “I’m an actress now and that helps a lot,” the musician, real name Stefani Germanotta, told the Sun on Sunday. “I’ve tried to get off my medication, but my doctor always tells me not to, that it’s not safe for me.” 

She added: “I have tried a lot of things, but there is something about acting that has really helped. I am a Stefani-Gaga hybrid and I want you to know the real me.”

Getting over the initial nerves of stepping on set were what actually helped her cope in the long run. When first arriving to film, she experienced minor problems. “I was very nervous. All I have is my preparation time and Jesus to save me from possibly screwing this up. On my first day I threw up on the way in a bag in my Rolls-Royce. I don't know why I thought that was funny, but it is funny. So after I threw up in the bag I saved it and brought it to the set.” 

If bringing vomit to work paved the way to helping Gaga with her mental health issues, then we’re all for it.*

*Maybe don’t try this at work.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bitch is nominated for a Oscar! That's ma girl! SHOVE IT HATERS, none of the other girls today are doing it...except Adele. But whryher or not Gaga even wins....this year and last she made everyone wanting her to be over look foolish.

Nominated for what?

Nevermind.. She deserves that win for that song.. It's amazing 

To be honest.. She's going to win 

Bitch is nominated for a Oscar! That's ma girl! SHOVE IT HATERS, none of the other girls today are doing it...except Adele. But whryher or not Gaga even wins....this year and last she made everyone wanting her to be over look foolish.

she shole damn did 

Was watching Wendy today and she pointed out how Gaga covered up all her tattoos for the Golden Globes. Interesting... I think she made the right choice.

If she gets that Oscar... the girls will SEETHE. 

LOL you know everytime I hear good Gaga news I think of you so when it came out she's nominated I was SOOO happy for her, for me & for you sir, look at her snatch the wigs BACK.

Now she needs to do something random for Broadway so we can get her a Tony!!!

Elton John, who is one of Lady Gaga's closest friends, says she is going back to her early stuff with the new album. The legendary musician told Beats 1 radio that he'd heard two tracks from Gaga's upcoming yet-untitled album and revealed that he is working on the project as well.

"I'm writing with Gaga tomorrow, she's doing a new record," he told Zane Lowe. "I've heard two songs which are killer, they're just great songs, it's like back to the early stuff of hers: 'Yoü and I' and the Bruce Springsteen 'Bad Romance.'"

Elton also added that he's not fan of Gaga's controversial 2013 album ARTPOP.

"She made some bad career decisions, ARTPOP was not a good idea, it was not a good album, I think she will admit that," he continued. "In the midst of that, last year, he did three things which were kind of amazing. She did the whole tour and the album with Tony Bennett, which did amazingly well. She sang the Julie Andrews tribute on the Oscars which everyone loved, and she was on American Horror Story.

"I think she's a great writer, to me she is Stefani Germanotta and I love her and care about her, she's the godmother of my two children. I want her to make a simple, fabulous, great song record. Maybe like Tapestry, but her version of Tapestry. I've heard two of the songs. They're not complex arrangements, but they're great songs. It's all about the song."

YASSSSSSSSSSS :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

• Upvote 1

her acceptance speech was very moving.....not sure what Leonardo's problem was, except he can't win an Oscar and Gaga probably will -_-

I don't think he had one. He looked like he was in conversation with someone at the time and then she brushed past him and he had no clue who it was.

rs_480x270-160111085152-dicaprio-gaga-gi